Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

I'm just holding these Bieber tickets for a 'friend'...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Angel_1756, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

The year was 1999. The scene: a grassy hill littered with cigarette butts and various bottles. A blanket lay on the ground, strewn with drinks, snacks and some backpacks filled with contraband not intended for a then-18-year-old Angel. A group of us all piled onto that blanket, a tangled mix of limbs as we each lay on each other, reaching over ourselves to pull various items from the backpacks, trying to hide them from the prying eyes around us. All 7 of us, some boys, some girls, 18 and in the prime of our lives, but we were nervous. We kept looking around to see if anyone was watching us. We didn't fit in with the rest of the crowd. We weren't the right age, we stuck out like sore thumbs and we were sure everyone was onto our game.

Suddenly, the screams started and ours were the loudest of the bunch. We drowned out the people beside us, shocking them with the sheer volume we could generate. We reached into our bags and pulled out the items we had so carefully hidden. Signs, banners, buttons, whatever we could get our hands on. As the smoke started to billow, we were giddy with excitement. Weeks of build-up had led us to this moment, and suddenly it began.

The screams subsided and a booming voice was heard to ring out through the night. "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, PLEASE PUT YOUR HANDS TOGETHER FOR........... 'N SYNC!"

Focus: What is the most embarrassing concert you've attended? Be honest. We've all got some shitty ones up our sleeves.

2. BeCoolBitch_BeCool

BeCoolBitch_BeCool
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Matchbox 20, Sugar Ray, and a not yet famous Maroon 5. Looking back, I at least got to say that I hated Maroon 5 before everyone else.

Fuck it. I'll admit it. M20 put on a pretty good show.

3. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Adam Ant in 1983.

INXS opened.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

New Found Glory and Good Charlotte.

It was a phase, let it be.

5. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can second Good Charlotte and I can raise you Fuel in a club that inspired sanitation ratings.

6. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think I have been to four concerts in my entire life. It is depressing when 25% of your concert going experience is comprised of this.

#6 Gravy, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  7. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I almost got trampled at a Willie Nelson concert. It was one of those festivals (Memphis in May) and we put our blanket down to chill and wait for the headliner to come on. In the interim was Willie Nelson. I swear I was lucky to get out of there alive.

8. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Blink182.

9. subgeniuschick

subgeniuschick
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Nickelback.

There, it's out now — I feel better.

w/ Volcanic at the Warehouse in Toronto '03.

10. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

MC Hammer, I wore spandex and I am not posting the year. Shut it.

11. BrianH

BrianH
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I went to a Staind, Limp Bizkit, Kid Rock concert at the Bronco Bowl in Dallas in '98.

It was awesome.

12. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I may be old, but at least I got to see good bands. With one exception: Big Country.

13. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I still love those bands, I just saw NFG at Warped yesterday...I felt old.

Focus: I'll second Nickelback. I got the tickets for free. To be honest with you they did put on a good show. The other concert would be Hinder, and once again I got the tickets for free.

14. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've never been to an embarrassing concert.

Seriously, why would you attend a shitty event?
    You really couldn't pay me enough to see most of the artists that are performing right now. The only conceivable reason I can think of would be having to sit through a shitty opening band, but doesn't the band you came to see make up for it?

Am I missing the point of the thread?

15. Nicole

Nicole
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Let's do this then, Mr Bandit...you just name a half dozen concerts you attended in the late 1990s to the early part of this century. We'll see where we go from there.

16. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why don't you contribute something? Perhaps a "Best Prison Stories" thread?

17. Psk

Psk
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Saw them when I was around 12-13. Older sister was given tickets (along with me and my mother) to the Backstreet Boys at Globen in Stockholm as a birthday gift. She was sitting, embarrassed, hugging her knees during the entire concert. Me and my mom were rocking out.

I am ashamed, yet I had too much fun to pretend it was anything else but awesome.

18. subgeniuschick

subgeniuschick
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm not sure. Do you *heart* the Biebs?
    {it'll be our little secret}

Seriously though. You never got out voted by friends? Or a date took you? Or an ill thought of gift from a family member? Anything?

edit: I spelled Beid wrong. I did it again. Beib ... fuck ... Beeb? Yeah ... Bieb.

19. Rumble

Rumble
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I went to Loverboy because a bunch of my friends were going and it wasn't too bad in all honesty but the worst show that I've seen was GnR, or should I say Axl and like half a dozen guitarists. That show was bullshit on all levels, Axl didn't even come out on stage until about 12:30 on a weeknight. The band members were good musicians but that show was horrible.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I've seen Limp Dickshit three times (THAT is humilating to me) while they were playing with bands that were actually listenable and had talent. NOT this overrated, fat-assed, bird-brained, attentioning-whoring eyecrust of Florida swamptrash that every dipshit teenager thought was the wave of hard rock's future. I felt like wearing a t-shirt that said "Yeah, RIGHT." Whenever I was at at show they were playing. They were awful at Ozzfest, a hole in the fucking universe at Woodstock '99 (GOD I hated that festival) and embarrassing opening for Metallica.

This. Band. SUCKED. However, I know that Fred Durst can still lay down those awesome rap lyrics. I hear him every thurday while he skims my neighbour's pool.

I also saw Dokken, Whitesnake and Scorpions back in 2004 but that's not embarrassing.