Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

I'll regret it forever ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ADBreck, Oct 21, 2009.

1. thatone

thatone
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I regret not seeing the warning signs in my last relationship - the ex dropped a shit ton of hints about how flaky, immature, selfish and screwed up by her upbringing she was. Everyone still says she is a great girl but fuck everyone.

There are other things that I regret but they are best forgotten.

2. breakylegg

breakylegg
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I was so hungry I ate a gray M&M.

3. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As stupid as this is to gripe about; I regret not playing football in highschool, just to spite my father. My life would have taken a totally different path had I not been a stupid rebelling douche.

Jesus titty fucking christ I wish I had never married my ex wife. That is one of those great seven month mistakes that is still biting me in the ass.

And honestly, I regret every choice I didn't make because I was scared, self conscious, or intimidated.

4. NoMames

NoMames
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I disagree, I've made plenty of mistakes and probably could have taken a different route and had a different and possibly better life, but I have no regrets in the 23 years. Everything I've done has given me either great stories or great experiences that I've learned from. I'm who I am today because of the mistakes I've made and the decisions I've made.

I dropped out of school halfway through the first semester my senior year to pursue a professional soccer career. I didn't sign anywhere and turned down a few offers, and now I'm struggling to get into a good school, but those 8 months where I tried, I learned many lessons that I wouldn't have learned anywhere else.

5. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wow, so you've never made a mistake that turned out for the worst?

You're either incredibly lucky, smart, or just full of shit.

I'm all for making the best out of a bad decision, but saying you don't regret banging the retarded cook at Waffle House is a bit of a hyperbole. There's not a lesson to be learned with every mistake.

6. BaseballGuyCAA

BaseballGuyCAA
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Flash back to my senior year of high school. Life is good. I finally lost enough weight to transform from "fatass" to "former fatass who can actually get a girl." I had been accepted to a bunch of colleges--when you factored in costs, I was looking at three choices: Northern Arizona, Hawaii, or Wisconsin-Oshkosh.

My girlfriend of the time told me that if I picked one of the first two, we couldn't still be together, what with me being halfway across the country. I hadn't yet lost my virginity to her, and she was my first relationship of longer than a month (translation: "will something better come along?" was a legitimate concern in my mind). At this point, staying with her was by far my best bet to break through that barrier.

So, I picked the coldest and crappiest of my three choices. Even with the recession we're in, and it's causes, this decision stands up in my mind as the single worst offense of overlooking the long-term implications of a decision for the short term. Three months later, I lost my virginity. Four months later, I broke up with said girlfriend--after scholarship money that would've made NAU and Hawaii affordable had already been reallocated. And now, every time I have to haul my ass through endless piles of snow to get to class every morning, I hate myself for being so short-sighted.