Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

I'll just WebMD that and... oh shit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Revengeofthenerds, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yo, being able to dance like Dick is a baller skill that is a pussy magnet, tho. Are you saying I need to learn to dance or I need to get rid of my pants?

2. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    So I took the tests...

The first one I scored a 15. Second test was a 2.4 for primary and 4.2 for secondary.

I took the autism test too and scored a 34, which is completely unsurprising. For those who didn't take the autism test, they consider a score of between 13-31 to indicate possible ASD (autism spectrum disorder) and anything above 31 means you "will usually meet the diagnostic criteria for autism or Asperger's Syndrome" (quoting the test results there).

#22 Durbanite, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  3. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Having been told all my life that I'm on an even keel, and usually seem calm and steady, it's no surprise to me that I'm neither psychopathic (13/2.6) or autistic.

I try to avoid googling symptoms, and the few times I have were useless, as the symptoms were too general. Currently I've been experiencing low grade headaches for the past week and a half, which is unusual for me. Of course googling that shit won't tell me anything pleasant. I'm trying to track when I get them, and under what circumstances before I panic

4. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm about midrange on the LSRP one, but a 23 on the autism one. Which. Meh. My moms been telling me there's something wrong with me for years.

Re: google.
    I had cancer.
    WebMD told me I had cancer.
    I figured webmd is a hypochondriac and didn't mess with it until 2015. I had a cancerous growth on my arm for almost 10 years because I didn't believe webmd could possibly be accurate.

Maybe moms right.

5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I guess I should probably mention the obvious here. Yes I did google (before googling was a thing, I think it was ask Jeeves back then) where my migraines and various other symptoms were coming from. The internet diagnosed me with a brain tumor years before a doctor ever did.

It got to the point where when I'd visit a doctor about my migraines and I'd ask them if they thought it was a tumor, I learned to completely hide the fact I came to that conclusion based upon what I'd read on the internet otherwise they'd dismiss me outright.

Yeah, we added it up: over a 5 year period, 82 doctor apointments (that we were certain of) regarding migraines or other brain tumor related symptoms like vision problems. Not a single one knew what Jeeves knew all along.

6. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When I was in state rehab, I got a full psych evaluation, and took the MMPI-2, WAIS, Rorshach test, and a couple of others.

The verdict: I'm a sociopath, but I'm low on the scale. Also, according to my WAIS (the TRUE IQ test, most of those internet tests are utter crap) results, I very narrowly missed being classified as a criminal genius.

7. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is that just a genius that commits crimes, or a separate category? And, if you're a regular genius, and then you rob a bank, are you just a genius criminal? Not a criminal genius?

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

From what I've found online, "criminal genius" is not actually a classification. Specifically, the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS) contains no specific "genius" classification, but rather a range including average, high average, superior, etc.

My best guess is that someone unfamiliar with the specifics of the testing process and results, such as the guards, used the phrase "genius level" or a similar colloquialism around dixie, so that's what he focused on and remembers.

However, this is all really a moot point, since a true criminal genius doesn't go to jail for driving drunk.

No, they do cool shit like this.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

And they have a cat.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Oh... wait... that's "Evil" genius... not "Criminal".

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Semantics.

Cat, thunderbird. Doesn't matter. It all comes out in the wash.

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Or a shark with frickin' lasers.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

An evil wash?

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Just orange.

Or pink, depending on where you live.

15. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's not an official category, I just used the term because I was a criminal (at least that's what The Man says), and I almost scored genius level on my test.