Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

I'll have the salmon with a side of paranoid psychosis

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juice, May 14, 2013.

1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Kitchen Nightmares is one of my favorite shows, though sometimes I wondered how much of it was genuine and how much was staged. With the latest episode, I think I now lean towards the former. The latest one featured a bistro with incredibly paranoid and delusional owners. They're insanity was so deep and profound, I want to believe they were trolling the whole time:

Part 1:

Part 2:

To make matters even worse, they have now had an epic public meltdown.

Focus: These crazy, crazy people.

Alt. Focus: What was your worst restaurant experience?

#1 Juice, May 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  2. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The madness was evident back in 2010: <a class="postlink" href="http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/bella/2010/08/ouch_todays_hard_lesson_on_yel.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/bella/ ... on_yel.php</a>

3. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

I just want to say that looking at their appearances I'm not suprised in the slightest that they're complete and utter shitbags:

[​IMG]

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Insane people in the restaurant business? Say it ain't so!

5. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

She is a typical xanaxed out Scottsdale middle aged woman with entitlement and power issues, who is with an older man who is an enabler and only scored said drugged out woman with bank roll.

But I have a very skewed view as I work in a bar in Scottsdale.

6. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Holy fuck, that is the best hour of reality television I have ever seen.

That woman is what Taylor Swift will look like in 20 years.

I think this is how it went down in their minds:

Cunty McBitchface: "Our restaurant is amazing. All the haterz out there don't know what they are talking about"
    Gangster McWhipped: "Jes deer, jes"
    Cunty: "I know, lets have Gordon Ramsey here. He will come in and find nothing wrong, and think my food is delicious, and all the haterz will be proved wrong"
    Gangster "Jes deer, but don't let them find out that this is a front business for my money laundering"

7. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You, sir are an oppressive, subjugating monster.

8. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I watch this show very occasionally. Plenty of delusional, vitriol and hate spewing, utterly inept pieces of human flotsam have been featured. Most of them just hapless fools that somehow got a bank to loan them more money than my parents ever earned. In all the episodes I've seen I have never wanted someone to be cooked alive in their own fucking oven. I am not even close to being hyperbolic; it would be a great justice to know these people burned to death slowly. Those are hands down the worst people I have ever seen on entertainment TV. The Kardashians may be human toilets, boors that have made piggish spectacles of themselves, but those two pieces of shit have nothing but blackness in their souls.

Holy. Shit. They did it all on TV. Not one hint of self realization.

Alt Focus: Most of my bad restaurant experiences revolved around the shitty food. Only once has a server really treated me like an asshole. Nothing special, just patronizing and took forever. He got a $1 tip. Luckily the food was crap too so there was no reason to ever go back. Grease Burger Bar in Palm Beach. Avoid it.

9. Chellie

Chellie
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Not xanaxed enough.

Did anyone else read the link that had the FB post where she said they're parents, and one day will be parents of a human kid too? Did it make you want to put her cats in her own deep fryer, or am I the asshole?

ETA: The server who got fired...any labour law pros on the board? Are you even allowed to fire someone for that?

10. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As a restaurant/bar owner I have to admit that you have to be "slightly" touched in the head to even be in this business. But Holy. Fucking. Shit! How this place stayed open for more than a couple of weeks is a miracle. Samy has to be using the restaurant as a front to launder his drug money.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Okay, I have been to Arizona before and loved it, but was is the "deal" with Scottsdale? Why is it the target of so many Americans' scorn?

By the way, those people should be locked in a dog kennel while hobos drink pickle brine and vomit on them.

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Pretty sure Arizona is an "At-Will" state, meaning she can be fired for any reason. Now she can file a complaint with the BBB and raise hell with protection groups, but it doesn't violate a law. Im not a lawyer, so not 100% positive.

13. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

I think it's associated with being the epitome of shallow suburbia filled with nouveau riche.

14. MrPrime

MrPrime
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

There was some talk on Reddit about this episode, both from both the Reddit "I know what I am talking about experts" and the Reddit "Police" Investigators, this whole restaurant reeks of it being a front for money laundering.

15. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Reminds me of a book by Carlton Mellick called Ultra Fuckers. This guy gets lost in an ever growing hive-like gated community in Scottsdale that is assimilating the entire town and he has to fight his way out with an Asian surf-rock gang.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the topic, but the book is hilarious.

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Here's the theory the Redditor out out there. It's actually pretty well thought out:

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I agree it stinks of dirty money, but that guy seems way too stupid and lap-doggish to be a criminal entrepreneur.

She is a fucking entitled harpy In a bubble that deflects all facts. What a Cunty McCuntington. As restaurant bosses go, she makes a great housewife.

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I really hope this blows up into a big "news" (read "public fascination") story. You just know there's some serious, crazy, possibly/probably illegal shit going on behind the scenes there, and I'd really like to know what it is.

There has to be some DEA agent sitting in Arizona right now thinking he just got a "hot tip."

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

They're the next reality show stars. That's what it is.

20. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think there's any money laundering going on. They're far too inept to have avoided police investigation and I can't imagine they would have a reality show host come by to shoot an episode if that was the case. The two best parts were how obvious it was they brought Gordon Ramsay in for validation, and how the dingbat irascible wife was uber religious. So hilarious and so true.