Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

I'll have the salad........with a side of dead cow, bloody .

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Discuss the story and/or the linked one.
    For me, I don't think I drink "chick drinks" but I don't drink beer either. I know for sure I'd way rather have a nice rare steak than a damn salad. The reasons I choose 90% the foods I do is for my figure and overall health. Just like is noted above. How about you?

2. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

I find that bit about the marketing of Coke Zero pretty interesting since I never really thought of diet Coke as girly. Really the only girly food I can think of at the moment are those Thinsations snack packs. You know, the 100 calorie ones that really fat people love because they can pack away a dozen and not feel guilty because it's so much better than the time they ate that box of double fudge chips ahoy and cried themselves to sleep in their blubbery tears? Yeah those.

I'm in the 'if I'm hungry nothing is safe' category with very few exceptions. If it passes the smell test it's gone because worst case I'll burn it off later.

3. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Aside from Michael Westin in Burn Notice I have never seen a man eat yogurt, unless you count the times I eat it after a course of anti-biotics as a kid as my mom was convinced it would stop the shits you can get after the anti-biotics destroy the bacteria in your gut.

I think it is the commercials for it. The only time I have seen a man advertise yogurt were those Jamie Lee Curtis Activia commercials.

4. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't give a FUCK what people say, this shit is delicious. I'll eat 3 or 4 at a time for a snack. Delicious. You say it's a girly food? Fuck your life.

[​IMG]

Having said that, I tend to gravitate towards the biggest steak or burger on the menu when trying a new restaurant. Red Robin sells whole cow carcasses disguised as single-person meals. I think I shit a small continent an hour later, and couldn't have been more proud.

5. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sirloin salad is probably the greatest thing to ever happen to my life.

Also I have heard on several occasions from several people that I drink like a man. My best friend says it's disgusting, yet men find it impressive. I will continue to drink like a man, thanks.

6. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My initial response to this was "fuck what you heard son!" I fucking lived on Formula 50 in college because I could use my meal card to buy cases of it. There are 3 flavors I cannot live without.

I also agree with Rob4Broncos and Ballsack. That shit is undoubtedly good for you, it's just the fucking marketing is female geared. Especially with those new commercials talking about all the new flavors and the husband freaking out over it with the wife on the phone, then reversing it in another commercial.

Salads are definitely now past the whole female only thing with the new focus on Men's body image being such a big deal now.

And uh if you think quiche is girly food, you definitely haven't had one stuffed like a Chicago style pizza, with steak, egg, sausage, onions and green papers. That shit laid me out on my ass when I was done, and it turns out it wasn't totally detrimental to my health.

7. cdite

cdite
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Not trying to derail the thread but I skimmed over the article and clicked on a link in it called "Warming up to Whiskey". As a disclaimer I realize this magazine is slightly bias but reading shit like this pisses me off. “Whiskey has a male stereotype associated with it, but women want to try it,” Brooke says. “I think women continually break down barriers, and whiskey is just one example.” What the fuck, who the hell is stopping them? Fuck you Brooke, you sound like all those stupid bitches who signed the "End Women's Suffrage" petition.

8. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've never discriminated against food, because I love all of it. That said, whenever I order my steak, I always get raised eyebrows, because I like it as rare as can be without being alive.

I think gendering food is a silly practice. It's food, not a fashion statement. Just because my taste buds are inclined to raw meat doesn't mean I don't also enjoy wearing dresses and painting my nails, the same as how I have guy friends who love chicken caesar salads for lunch but could probably kill me with one hand.

9. Slambrarian

Slambrarian
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I don't genderize food - I eat what I like, and that's that. But my dad, well, every few months he goes off about men eating mini-muffins. It should not be allowed and if any man willingly eats a mini-muffin, his entire manhood should be called into question. It does not matter that they are delicious - real men do not eat mini-muffins - period.

10. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I once went on a second or third date with a girl that to some normal american burger restaurant, she was 5'1, maybe 115, was rather athletic, and really well put together. Nails painted, hair taken care of, but not over the top fake. I can't remember what she ordered the previous times we went out. but that time I didn't eat all day, and this girl was pretty laid back, so I got a bacon cheese burger, fries and a strawberry shake. She didn't hesitate for a second, and said "i'll have the same."

I was betting money she was going to going to throw it up afterwards, no way she could eat all of that. She knocked that burger, fries and shake on pace with me. Nope, sat there, kept on talking for an hour or so...by the time we went back to her place I just started thinking "DeBeers? Jareds? Tiffanys? Yes Tiffanys"

I love it when women just tear apart meat. Bonus points if they cook it well. You can't take a category like beef and just toss it into a gender, not fair at all I say.

11. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My girlfriend is a 5 foot tall 100 pound Asian girl. She eats more than I do, especially at buffets. The epitome of class, that one is. I've found that my ability to eat lots of food has gone way down over the years. I used to be able to eat a whole large pizza by myself when I was younger, or a plate of 25 wings. Now? Can't even come close. My parents used to tell me to not eat food before bed because I wouldn't be able to sleep, and I never believed them because I would eat food before bed and feel fine. Now I know what they're on about. Damn this aging body. My alcohol habits, however, are as manly as they come - beer and whisky, sometimes together. And my tolerance has gone up to a dignified level since I started drinking some years ago.

I'm not sure what to say about the foods described as girly. I like granola, and don't really know what quiche is. I think chocolate is a perfectly good case study: many women treat it as an emotional crutch and luxurious indulgence, and apparently there's a good chunk of women who would rather go without sex than chocolate, which is completely incomprehensible to me. But at the same time, chocolate bars aren't girly at all. I think girly food is best defined by how it's eaten. Sushi can be girly when it's eaten by a skinny jean wearing hipster who thinks he's being zen. But sashimi, with its numerous cuts of raw fish, isn't.

12. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I get the impression that whiskey is not a feminine drink.

I was on my second of 3 flights for the day and ordered a whiskey and coke from the flight attendant. The sudden and complete lack of emotion she and the two passengers next to me showed on their faces told it all. Maybe it was the fact that it was 10am. Oh, who cares.

13. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

At least down here in the south, there definitely is a heavy stigma on "man/woman" drinks and food. And it's annoying, because as much as I don't follow it (I'm going to eat and drink whatever the hell I want, in the quantity I want), I also see myself judging people based upon their choices of food and beverage.

At home? I'll eat a grilled steak and wash it down with an appletini. I make myself buttery nipple shots, because they're fucking delicious. A good garden salad and a fresh mojito is awesome. I also drink scotch neat, gin and tonics, and vodka on the rocks because I like them. Fuck you, I'm doing it.

Out in public, at a restaurant or bar? If there's steak on the menu, I'm ordering it with a G&T. Fuck that chicken that sounds even better, and fuck the fresh fish. Carpaccio? Mine. Surf and turf? Mine. Fruit plate? I'll call you a queer if you order it in front of me.

If I'm with co-workers, it's even worse. I'll order a gin and tonic because I want one, but then I'll make sure to be SEEN drinking it. God help me if I so much as taste my fiance's strawberry daiquiri.

In my experience, down in the south of the US, yes there is a heavy social stigma surrounding different "guy and girl" foods and drink. I hate it, and I'll ignore it in private and claim in public that it doesn't matter, but still, I'll never even admit to anyone that I think Smirnoff Ice isn't bad.

14. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Fuck that noise. I've never given a damn what people think of my food or drink. When I go out to eat it's a 50/50 chance I'm going to order a chef's salad (With a small bucket of Bleu Cheese Dressing) or a Chicken Fried Steak with a large bucket of sausage gravy dumped over the entire plate.

Hell, I've even been know to buy a case of Zima for myself from time to time. If that's what I'm in the mood for, fuck y'all and your stereotypes. (Besides that, Zima is great for chasing away a nasty "I want to die" hangover with baby steps.)

15. Nettie

Nettie
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I've always eaten steaks (MR please, I want it still bloody, but not cold), but I do eat a lot of salads, yogurt, etc. Part of that comes with wanting to be healthy, part of it comes with the fact I'm getting older, and I don't want to have to *shudder* diet to lose weight. If I'm smart about what I eat, I don't have to.

As far as booze, it depends on the day. Margaritas are only good on the rocks (and trust me, a good margarita is far from a girly drink), I've already stated how much beer I drink (entirely too much), I do drink hard alcohol from time to time, but only when I know there is zero chance of me even having to drive 10 feet. Once I get started on the hard stuff, I'm not stopping until my clothes are spread all over the house & I am raping my SO.

But I will also say that in the summer on a hot day, a Mike's Hard Lemonade or wine cooler tastes a hell of a lot better to me than beer. Although I have just started drinking sweet tea vodka & lemonade instead. *shrug*

Typical? No. Most of my female friends eat & drink more like.... females. I just eat & drink what I'm in to mood for, and don't worry too much about what people think about it.

16. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If I see a guy drinking a Smirnoff Ice(or any of their ridiculous flavors), I generally assume he is a homosexual. If I see a woman drinking one, this is typical and I see no problem.(Not that being a homo is a problem) I can't justify ingesting all that sugar, just to mask the flavor of 4.5% alcohol.

If I see a girl drinking a man's beer (something non-light, preferably dark, or darker than bud light), I pull out my emergency wedding ring.

17. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know about the Zima man...I mean it was even parodied on MadTv with by the guy who played Stuart. But at the same time, I get tall shit from my friends because as I've mentioned in another thread I cannot and don't drink beer. Really don't know about the Smirnoff also, I used to be a huge fan but I grew out of it in high school.

So I have to drink hard cider like a Magners or Strongbow and get shit for it. I don't see how drinking piss and piss light voluntarily makes you manly, when there are better options that will get you fucked up faster.

18. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I eat just about anything offered. I used to have a kind of aversion to "health foods" and "organics" because of my disdain towards the bohemian hippys that bath in granola and patchouli. But as I have refined my taste a bit I find it much easier to find exotic foods and spices at these specialty health food stores. As for the article I have one of those alpha male buddies that refuses to eat Sushi because he considers it a girl food. I really don't get how eating raw meat could be considered anything but manly. I fucking gobble up sushi.

19. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Same here. I thought Whole Foods was for damn dirty hippies, but now realize good food is the best investment you can make. I could drive a piece of shit car and live in a crackhouse, but if I'm not eating well, I'm miserable.

Woman eating and drinking like guys is awesome and hot. Guys eating like girls (mainly just colorful cocktails) is a little weird, but I'll just figure you're gay.

But it's not as gay as drinking a Stella out of one of those goddamn Champaign Flutes. Get over yourself and drink it out of a mug you prick.

20. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You should be drinking Stella out of one of their pimp chalices or pimp glasses

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.