Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

I'll have a Peanut Butter and Pickle Sandwich

Discussion in 'All-Star Threads' started by shegirl, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

My weird combos include:

pancakes with peanut butter and strawberries

jelly and butter sandwiches (my grandmother would absentmindedly turn my PBJ into a BJ)

bacon and jelly

pickle, mustard and turkey sandwiches. Extra, extra pickles

2. anjelik

anjelik
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I like to dip my pizza crust into a glass of diet coke. Most people find this disgusting, but I think it is amazing.

3. Allord

Allord
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The Nightmares of children with a 30" Dildo
    This sounds like a kinky rodent S&M fantasy.

SQUEAK FOR ME BITCH!

My brother eats that all the time, I do sometimes too. Peanut butter and banana is better.

I used to dip my fries in orange soda, but that sounds even better.

I do the same thing, but I lived in Canada for 5 years, what's your excuse? I also get indignant about pancake syrup tasting like shit compared to maple syrup, and feeling strange compulsions to eat beavers.

Focus: My dad's favorite sandwich, and since the first time I tried it mine as well, is to spread jelly on a slice of bread, sprinkle cornflakes into the jelly, and top it off with a slice of extra sharp cheddar cheese.

Ho. Lee. Shit.

The combination of sweet, savory, and crunch is amazing.

Every chance I get I try to replicate this sandwich, but I don't always have the proper ingredients, so I improvise. The one time I asked my friend, who was driving me to a cross country meet, to stop at my house so I could grab breakfast before we headed to the meet. He obliged and I returned with a burrito.

Friend: Oooh a burrito? What kind is it?
    Allord: Breakfast burrito.
    Friend: Doesn't smell like it, what's in it?
    Allord: Cheese, raspberry jelly, and Honey Bunches of Oats.
    Friend: ....what the fuck...

The same friend witnessed a different iteration of the sandwich a few weeks later, except this time I was out of all the ingredients instead of just cornflakes and normal bread, so my sandwiches were a true marvel in ingenuity. I'd thrown together swiss cheese for savory, weetabix for crunch, and mayonnaise for jelly all on jalapeno bagels.

My friend saw the two sandwiches and actually bet me $10 I wouldn't eat them. I made $10. He refuses to eat dinner at my house now.

I also used to eat taco sauce for lunch in middle school when I was too cheap to actually buy anything and instead ate condiment packets.

EDIT: Oh, and I met a girl who was extremely vocal on her opinion that pepperoni pizza should always be slathered in hummus. Admittedly it wasn't bad.

4. Woody

Woody
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I'll one up you. I put chips not only in my sandwiches but also I'll take a small personal pan pizza, pour a few small bags of potato chips on it then roll it up like a taco and eat it!

I'll dip/put cocktail sauce, tartar sauce or bleu cheese on anything I can get my hands on.

Some little quirks I do also include putting BBQ spices/rub on AFTER I cook the steak, not during, never can taste that shit when I cook it.

Mayo on hotdogs and french fries! Awesome!

5. Jubes2681

Jubes2681
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I agree with the potato chips in sandwiches - not that it's gross, but that it makes them so much better. My favorite is bologna, american cheese, Ruffle chips, pickles (hamburger chips only), and yellow mustard. Dear God in heaven, it would be my final meal if I was on death row.

I also love raw hot hogs (insert dirty joke here). If it was socially acceptable, I would eat them raw all the time. Granted, they are tasty cooked, but damn there is something amazing about them raw.

My dad could write a book on the uses of ketchup. He insists that "it's a spice, like salt or garlic". He puts ketchup on eggs (which isn't that strange, I admit), bolonga or roast beef sandwiches (along with mayo), in vegetable soup, and on baked beans, to name a few. The man is having a 58-yr long love affair with ketchup. It's disturbing and often gross. When he would make homemade vegie soup with ketchup mixed in "for spice", he couldn't understand why I didn't like it.

Speaking of ketchup and potato chips, I strongly recommend trying a salty chip dipped in ketchup the next time you get the chance*.

Deee. Vine.

*Now that I think about it, perhaps I've inherited some of this love of ketchup.

6. Creelmania

Creelmania
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

My friends always question my eating habits whenever we go to McD's or any other fast food place.

Ketchup and McChicken sauce mixed to dip fries in? Check
    Fries in my burger? Check
    McChicken sauce on my burger? Check
    Jr Chicken in between the patties on my double cheeseburger? Check.

I don't see the big deal with any of these. McChicken sauce is essentially mayo***, which a lot of people put on burgers anyways. Why is it any different with fast food? And you're eating the fries and burger at the same time, why not save some time, and change things up a bit?

The last one always gets me the most looks, but it's probably my favorite. The McGangBang is a glorious masterpiece that should be tried at least once by any meat lover. I even squirt a little McChicken sauce in there just for good measure.

***I've always wondered and have gotten into many heated arguments over this: What is McChicken sauce exactly?
    I know it's essentially mayonnaise, but it tastes different from any other mayo I've ever tried, including the Wendy's packets.
    I've heard rumors of them adding vinegar and other similar substances, but I'm still looking for a definitive answer.

7. StanMarshTheDarsh

StanMarshTheDarsh
    Expand Collapse
    Lurker

You could have ended your post there.

McDonald's is the only food I won't eat after a night of heavy drinking is winding down, I'd rather eat Allord's raspberry jelly, honey bunches of oats, and cheese breakfast burrito dipped in a frosty than to ingest that filth.

8. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Woah, dude. You don't like McDonald's? Fuck, you are so fucking edgy and counter culture. Thank you for coming here and sharing your unique views while adding nothing.

Do you have a link to your blog?

I'd love to learn more

9. awwwSNAP

awwwSNAP
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I guess this is fairly pedestrian compared to what some of you are throwing out, but peanut butter on BLTs is something you absolutely have to try before you die. Crunchy peanut butter. It is magical.

10. clb

clb
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

That sounds delicious. Grape jelly? Because I think strawberry jam might be even better, but I don't know. What I do know is what I'm eating for breakfast Saturday.

I don't really do this anymore, but when I was growing up I would always have Cheerios for breakfast. I would eat roughly 2/3 of the bowl just with milk, and then I would add orange juice. After finishing the Cheerios I would drink the orange juice/milk combo, straight out of the bowl. My parents were not pleased by that habit.

11. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What the fuck is up with all the Frosty/french fry haters? That's sweet & salty goodness.

Focus:
    I eat pickles and ice cream together. Fudge ripple ice cream and Claussen pickles to be exact. A bite of one. A bite of the other. Mmmmmmm. I can't explain it.

I put french fries on fast food burgers. I think this is perfectly normal.

I've been known to eat BBQ potato chip sandwiches.

My mom makes this pastrami & dill dip. She says you're supposed to eat it with little bread chunks but my brother and I have always eaten it on Doritos.

I haven't eaten it in years but white bread with cold butter and karo syrup is fantastic.

12. minny47

minny47
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I've never heard of anyone else eating this before, but my grandma eats a soup of cooked elbow noodles, hot milk, and tons of butter melted in there (like a whole stick). It is daaamn good.

13. Hello

Hello
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Saltine Crackers, Applesauce, and Duke's Mayonnaise.

Very tangy.

14. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Urm, is this a Canadian McD's thing? The only sauce associated with McChicken that I know of is the mayo they glob on to the sandwich itself. Does it come in packets up north?

focus: when we go to the Waffle House, the fiance puts ranch sauce on his hash browns and I scoop grits with the triangles of toast.

15. Pan Sapiens

Pan Sapiens
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

My grandfather and I both enjoy peanut butter and thick, sliced tomato on wheat toast sprinkled with fresh ground pepper. Served open-faced. Unfortunately, it is a seasonal treat, rubbery winter tomatoes don't work. Sometimes I'll substitute almond butter.

16. Allord

Allord
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The Nightmares of children with a 30" Dildo
    Hey man, don't scare away the hipster validating my sandwich!

That's right, McD's is sooo...mainstream, but tell me more about how my sandwich is awesome, that's what the people care about.

Most jelly works as long as it's sweet (marmalade not so much) also corn flakes are perfect for the first one since they're light and crispy, but if you want something more substantial granola also works pretty well and leaves you chewing that deliciousness even longer.

You've gotta understand, since I started living alone I refuse to purchase and stock foods that take more than a single ingredient to cook. This is the one food item that is delicious enough that I am motivated to buy FOUR DIFFERENT INGREDIENTS (bread, cheese, jelly, cereal) to make a single meal.

Trust me, I'd really rather just open a can, or at most grill some unseasoned chicken, but it's just so good that I am willing to suffer through having to keep track of four separate ingredients.

I'm getting tired just thinking about it.

17. Benzilla

Benzilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Marijuana lead me to Ricotta Cheese and Graham Crackers one night. It was awesome when I was high but I don't know if it would be as good when I'm sober.

18. Sean Daley

Sean Daley
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

If I order hash browns, I normally top them with syrup. I don't know if that's weird to you guys, but most of my friends ask me what is wrong with me when I start dripping that sweet nectar of the gods onto them.

And although it's not food, I put ice in my skim milk whenever I'm drinking it in a glass. But normally I just drink it out of the jug.

19. BaseballGuyCAA

BaseballGuyCAA
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Called and raised. I'm in the camp that barbecue sauce is the liquid version of bacon--that is, including it with anything makes it instantly better. Growing up, this meant that any undesirable broccoli, brussels sprout, beet, or similar was slathered down with a heaping helping of Sweet Baby Ray's.

Granted, in some cases, this was more a case of using the awesomeness of barbecue to mask the suckitude of <insert unwanted, but parentally required, food here>. However, through experimentation, I discovered that pineapple chunks, with just a little bit of barbecue sauce (not like the broccoli, which was literally suffocating from the stuff), are really, really fucking delicious.

It's a delicate balance. Too much barbecue, and that's all you taste--not necessarily a bad thing, but far from the nirvana you are striving to achieve. Not enough barbecue, and it alters the flavor of the pineapple--but it alters it feebly enough that it tastes like pineapple and tomato paste (which, in case you were wondering, is NOT a combination eligible for this thread--it tastes just as bad as it sounds). Hit the sweet spot, however, and you are in what I'm pretty sure is Hawaiian heaven.

20. RyanR

RyanR
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Yup, and the McDonalds people behind the counter bogart that shit like it was the very currency of the late night snacker.

I eat salt on my Oatmeal and milk. The best part is the oatmeal, salt and milk mix at the bottom. My whole family does this and I'm pretty sure we are alone in the world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.