Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

I'll Get one Someday

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by toytoy88, Oct 27, 2017.

1. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    We've probably all got something like this...an item we'd like to have, but just can't seem to pull the trigger on the purchase for whatever reason.

For the past 30 years or so one of mine has been an Aran Island sweater. Wool from virgin Irish sheep, spun by and hand knitted by Irish virgins. Or something like that. Anyways, I've always wanted one but was put off by the price of something I'll probably wear 3 times before moths destroy it. I finally bit the bullet and bought one.

aran.jpg

Focus: What purchase are you putting off for "Someday"?

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Alt Focus: How gay that sweater is.

3. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That sweater looks like the embarrassing gift your grandma gives you for Christmas and now have to wear. On the gay scale I'll give it 7 throbbing cocks out of 10.

There really isn't anything I'm itching to own. If I was filthy rich there are things that I don't currently own that I would buy, but I don't have any burning desire for any of them.

Someday I would like to own a collection of medieval weapons and WW2 items. I'm not getting a collection like that going until I have a lot of money to piss away though.

4. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ducati Diavel....because fuck dying in bed.

[​IMG]

A case could be made for a Streetfighter as well.

I will second a gaggle of guns that will serve no purpose whatsoever, but to be fun to shoot shit with (I want a GS-36c, an Ak-74 and a variety of WW2 guns). It'll cost thousands of dollars that will do nothing but cost hundreds more in bullets. Can't justify the expense right now.

5. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a town where this is considered 'normal' attire:
    [​IMG]
    You somehow managed to make yourself the gayest person in the city; stylistically.

Focus: A 60's model Ford Mustang. My dad had one and had to sell it when he had me. The Mustang has been my favorite car my whole life; owning 4 of them to this point and I know it's something he would've liked to have been able to help me work on.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

90s MR2. First car I ever wanted. My mom made up some ridiculous nonsense about the price of insuring teens in a two seater and I ended up with a Celica coupe. Id still like to get one and swap out the engine for a V6 as is popular with the car.

7. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Obviously you don't know a gay sweater when you see one. This is a gay sweater (Made with human hair)

the-gay-sweater.png

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

That sweater will match your roommates perfectly.

There’s a lot of tools I want but have yet purchased. Table saw, mitre saw, band saw top the list.

My big thing is books. I usually order them 2-3 at a time, an average book takes me about two weeks. But by the time I’m finished with one I have another three for my amazon wish list that were referenced in the book. I’d love to have like $2k to just buy up all the books on my amazon wish list and another few grand for the books I find off those.

9. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have that outfit. Not kidding.

Travel package for a ski trip to Las Leñas, Argentina.

10. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I want a really nice wine chiller. Not one of those crappy $400 Home Depot models but a Perlick, Miele, Sub-Zero etc. I usually don't keep wine around long enough to really need one. They're about $4000 so there is that also.

11. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus: A Ford F150.

It doesn't even have to be brand new. I miss having a pick up so bad and want a Ford. I just can't wrap my head around the price tag on them these days.

12. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus, sort of: 1970 Ford Torino

I say "sort of," because I actually already own one, but it's completely gutted out, with no engine, transmission, or interior. I bought it really cheap ten years ago, and it's got a straight, rust-free body. I just need to restore the whole thing. I was figuring a 460 big block with a T56 six speed should do it justice. It's been sitting inside my shop since I got it.

In the end, I envision it looking like this:
    1970_ford_torino-pic-6667988231036078150-1600x1200.jpeg

13. Pinkcup

Pinkcup
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Am I the only one who wants to know what that sweater feels like?

Focus: Cartier tank francaise. its a ridiculous amount to spend on a watch but goddamn it one day....

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That depends: do you mean, "hey, let me feel that" or do you mean "hey, let me try that on"? Because, he said human hair, but wasn't specific to which part of the human.

15. Pinkcup

Pinkcup
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh, I thought he said it was from virgin sheep. Kind of wanted to know how they protected the sheep from the Irish farmers before the shearing but mostly I just wanted to rub my hands on it (without a human wearing it).

16. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ah, you meant this one:
    and I thought you meant this one:
    I thought maybe you were into hair kink.

Well, they don't let Kevin Spacey near them, that's for sure.

17. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

ALT ALT Focus: Two things I desperately wanted as a kid and couldn't give a shit about now.
    The newest addition of Nike's and Oakley sunglasses. I was always secretly jealous of the kids whose parents would by them the newest Jordan/Airmax shoes each year. I always ended up with the 3rd tier version from last season. I drug my mother around one year to like 5 stores without finding anything I liked. She still brings it up. Eventually I mellowed and now if it looks sleek and athletic looking, think Puma, I'm good to go. DSW FTW.

Oakleys were another passion of mine for no real reason when I was a kid. I just coveted them because they were out of reach. I remember my first trip to NYC freshman year I was looking forward to finding fake Oakley vendors over everything else on the trip. Today I hate their style and being over 21 negates the usefulness of owning something you'll lose in five minutes when you're drunk.

18. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Alt focus: Very.

Focus: There isn't a ton I want to own, most of what I want to do is expensive travel. Someday I'll dump $50k into an excursion into the Antarctic because I think it'd be friggin' cool.

That said, if I suddenly found myself with a crazy surplus of money, I'd have an amazing collection of camera lenses. Every time my end-of-year bonus rolls into my checking account, I find myself idly adding these wildly expensive and ludicrously heavy lenses to my cart. It's inevitably that someday I will not stop myself from clicking "buy."

[​IMG]