Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

I'll Drunk Thread Your FACE Off! WDT 6/17/11

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Dog, Jun 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I want one. Hell, I want seven.

2. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

awesome and only $2.95 apiece? Yes, I'm ordering right now.

Beerhandle

3. Arctic_Scrap

Arctic_Scrap
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yup. You get bent over for shipping though. It says $3.95 for shipping but on the package it was only $1.60.

It fits the can great.

4. toejam

toejam
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Sure, I'm probably jinxing each and every one of my future trips right now, but I'm back and forth between NY and Philly all the time and Amtrak is my joint. I take Bolt Bus a lot too because it's hard to justify spending $45-70 on Amtrak when Bolt gets me there with only 45 minutes extra travel time. But damned if I don't prefer the train.

Oh, and titties. Reposting this one from someone else's post a while back, because it totally deserves reposting.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

5. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I used to take Greyhound from San Diego to L.A. when I was in the Navy, and it took three times as long as Amtrak and was disgusting. Amtrak was totally awesome. Maybe from Boston to NYC or DC sucks, but I would happily take the train any day over a bus.

EDIT TO ADD:

Something about this always brings a smile to my face:

Attached Files:

6. Arctic_Scrap

Arctic_Scrap
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Alright so I tried my hand at making chocolate chip cookies using this recipe. They never flattened out. They look exactly like the balls of dough you put down. What the fuck?

7. sartirious

sartirious
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

By smile, you mean "shit-eating grin"? Speaking of: Airplane? Train? Bus? Traveling at all is out of the question, because the only place I want to go is the bar - and none of those will get me there. My Jeep is out of commission until the U-joint is replaced - so I'm stuck at home with no beer, limited liquor, an internet connection, and the PS3. This night is going to end with me screaming profanities at the pizza-faced pre-adolescents in CoD: Black Ops, with a pile of empty wine bottles surrounding my chair.

Heck, even my FWB is out of town on a camping trip (otherwise she'd be right there with me, screaming at the TV...but naked).

Attached Files:

8. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did you turn on the oven?

Oh, and that recipe says put the oven to 325. I never bake cookies at less than 375, anything lower and they need to bake forever. And I always buy the ready made Toll House stuff because A) who has time to make those recipes, and B) it is good raw, too.

9. Arctic_Scrap

Arctic_Scrap
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

325 degrees. They still taste good. I just don't understand what went wrong. I got everything right in the recipe.

10. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Like I said in my edit, try the next batch with a hotter oven. Make sure you have a thermometer in your oven, too: Going by the display or the knob is always inaccurate. We have an electric oven that has always been 20 degrees colder than it reads on the display, even when it was brand fucking new. Don't be surprised to find out that your 325 setting is actually running at 300.

By the way, why not just use the recipe on the chocolate chip bag? It's basically foolproof.

11. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

12. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Girls try to defend their car from Vancouver rioters. Not one guy stepped in to help.

#72 zyron, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

[​IMG]

OMG I WANT ONE

14. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I survived my surgery!

I actually wasn't under general anesthesia like I thought it would be but the same stuff that nett was talking about that was used on his kid's friend, conscious sedation or twilight sedation. They were a little light and I remember more that I would prefer from the procedure. I remember trying to talk at one point (probably to tell them to give me more fucking meds) but it was kind of hard with a bite block in. Afterwards I was totally lucid so no goofy or funny stories, probably because I was totally awake for the last part and remember the entire grafting and stitching up process. Yeah, next time I am going to have to tell them to not be so fucking stingy.

15. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

I usually use a slightly modified version of the one on the bag.

I like my cookies soft, so if I'm going to eat them immediately, I put them in on 350. If I need them soft for awhile, I'll put them on at 365 (so I can cook them less, ldo).

I also shape them by hand: I take a small handful, roll it into a ball, put it on the tray and press softly into the center. If you do all that and they're still balls, try the following:

Make sure your butter is soft enough before you start
    Make sure you have the right amount of salt/baking powder
    Claim you meant to do that all along

16. Ins

Ins
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

"I am angry that the team from my city lost, therefore out of loyalty to my team I shall destroy my city." Pathetic. I hope every last one of those idiots gets identified.

I realise that after complaining about facebook keeping track of where I was in the rant and rave thread, now I suddenly want to use that technology to locate each one of those morons. I can feel my brain imploding.

#76 Ins, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  17. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

BOOOO! I thought Medicated Mya was going to be our entertainment for the weekend, like that time bewildered got drunk for pages and pages and pages.

18. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That crowd in the video acted like a bunch of animal. The guys who vandalized that car in front of the girls are total cowards. I didn't care much about the Vancouver riots until now, watching that video is uncomfortable and makes me cringe a bit.

19. Arctic_Scrap

Arctic_Scrap
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The only thing I was thinking about is that I put two sheets of cookies in at once. I don't have all the exact measuring devices so things might have been a little off but not by more than say 10%. I just used a spoon and flung globs down on the cookie sheet. What I lacked in exactness I made up for with an "it'll do" attitude.

20. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was kind of hoping so too, I feel ripped off. I promise to combine booze with pain pills though, so maybe all is not totally lost. I'll even throw in an ambien chaser if I am feeling like really dulling, well, everything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.