Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

I'll Drunk Thread Your FACE Off! WDT 6/17/11

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Dog, Jun 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Only if you are poor. US airways has an hourly shuttle flight from BOS to LGA.

There is also a train that will get you there way faster.

2. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wait. Is FutureWife part of this week's theme? Are we suggesting that FutureWife has daddy issues?

*grabs popcorn*

Also, anyone suggesting flying from Boston to New York clearly doesn't spend much time in the cities in question. You'll spend over an hour getting to and from the airport, over an hour in the airport, and over an hour in the plane. Probably at least four hours, and spend some amount in three figures. All to avoid 3.5 hours on the bus, which for under $20 is more comfortable than a plane and usually has an internet connection.

3. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm having my first drink in two weeks. I'm falling in love with the beer bottle. And now because my team sold our client two more services, leaving an hour early to drink on the company dime. This works quite well.

Also the Yankees are in town, and that means there are Yankees fans to drunkenly harass only blocks from my house. This weekend has already been made.

4. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes, two weeks ago. It was extremely comfortable, Wifi accessible, hobo-free, smelled fine, and had good air conditioning. Plug ins to charge my cell phone. Left from very accessible locations (South Station and Penn Station). I didn't even have to print out my ticket, which I ordered online, because I could just show the driver the text-message confirmation. Oh, and it cost me $17 each way. My only complaint was that I didn't have a tray table.

Welcome to the 21st century, Ballsack.

5. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

MoreCowbell is right on the money. I guess if I were super baller I could a car service to and from the airport, but I don't mind busses. The only problem is that the connection is slow-ish, which is nothing compared to the hassles of flying.

I rarely consider taking trains. Maybe I should, but I figure it takes 3-4 hours anyway, so it's pretty much the same.

6. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've split most of the past five years between New York, Boston (suburbs), and DC. I travel between the three fairly often, and I've spent a lot of time on all three methods.

Amtrak is the devil. Seriously, the devil. Avoid it if you can.

7. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Taking a plane from Boston to New York is like calling a cab to drive you 500 yards down the street. Even if you can afford it, it's still stupid. Unless you're flying first class, Bolt Bus is more convenient, quicker, and more comfortable. And even if you're flying first class, it's still two of those things.

Admit it, 'sack: you just want to feel like a big swingin' dick.

Manchester is so much better when you can get it. Logan Airport in Boston is like Satan's asshole.

8. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There are a bunch of charter companies I've used when flying from Long Island to Boston or Manchester NH. I don't pay for it so I don't care what it costs and driving from Boston to NY or vice versa sucks balls. Adding an additional hour or more for LI traffic is just silly.

Today all I need to do is make it from work to home... too bad my boss decided to see if I want to grab a few drinks. No I don't.

9. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Next time I go back I'm going via helicopter.

For now, I'm just going to play some Marvel vs. Capcom.

10. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

But why would you live in Boston? Seriously? With the possible exception of New York, New England is essentially useless.

Sure, Boston is basically why the United States of America is what it is, (Tea Party, Massacre, etc.) but why is it still a concern?

11. thabucmaster

thabucmaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is all I thought about when the banter between 'Sack and Nom started...

#51 thabucmaster, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  12. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jesus Christ, you are being more new-money trash than Celine Dion right now.

In unrelated news: today and yesterday at work did not completely suck my soul from my body leaving me wishing I lived closer to work so that I could go get a drink. And I'll be getting laid for the first time in a while tonight. Everything's coming up Millhouse.

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wait. Holy shit, stop the thread. Which one of you fuckers has the time machine? Cowbell, how did you quote Fawkes before he wrote what he wrote? Damn, I'm not even stoned.

Edit: Nevermind. I see your post was edited. Okay, then, maybe I should get stoned.

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, dammit, I can't keep up. Is the theme going to be hot girls with Daddy issues, race wars, or the travel channel?

15. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Can't it be all three?

Julie Andrieu. She's married to a neurosurgeon. How the fuck are any of us supposed to compete with that. She hosts a French TV show called "fork and backpack" that's not quite on the Travel Channel but could be.

[​IMG]

On sampling a cookie in New York, she said (in English), "It tastes like I have America in my mouth." Oh, those French people.

[​IMG]

Travel because she's Asian and therefore exotic, race because she's Asian, daddy issues because she's got daddy issues (evidently) and I guess if you have yellow fever she's hot.

Oh, and she's a trap.

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I honestly think race wars could be potentially funny.

[​IMG]

"Stayin' on top."

17. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I must say, if you'd have said you were going to post a picture of a girl putting a wiener in her mouth in this thread, I would've expected something else.

Edit: When I posted that, I had no idea the previous post would include a picture from EATMYBLACKMEAT.com.

18. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Look, I don't care how rich you are, spending the money on a plane ticket vs a bus from Boston to NYC is downright ridiculous. The cities really aren't that far away, and as has already been mentioned you're looking at the same amount of time overall, and most buses are much more comfortable than planes and have internet. Also, you don't have to worry about getting through security and finding out your flight has been delayed.

I get fucking pissed when I see stuff like this, when the GF was still in Boston her only bus option was fucking Peter Pan which was over $20 from Boston to Hartford, with at least one stop. Not only that but their buses are awful. When I first moved here, there was Megabus which was dirt cheap and very nice, but unfortunately they discontinued all Hartford stops about two months later.

19. Arctic_Scrap

Arctic_Scrap
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Behold...

The beer can handle.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded