Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Iiit's a small world aaafter all...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrFrylock, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Six years ago, I slid down a slide at Disney World's Animal Park. I looked up directly into the eyes of a client of mine. He and I both live in small town in Central California. We had a nice conversation then went on with our respective vacations. As an aside, my wife wanted to do some shopping and I had to entertain out then 10 year old twin boys, I thought the playground at the park would tire them out.

I think I had learned in a statistics class, that what happened to me was more likely to happen than not. I cannot remember the specifics, but if you are going somewhere with a large enough population, the chances you will meet someone you know are better than not.

2. Luke 217

Luke 217
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

A decade or so ago I was in Cincinnati on Vine Street after going to a Misfits show with three of my buddies from Terra Haute. (I'm originally from the Chicago Burbs, but was living in shithole Decatur at the time) We were all out of drugs so they employed me to find some (since I was the eldest and the most deft at securing Colombian Marching Powder) I was directed by some girl to go to a local drug house, in which was one of the most vile places I have ever been. After exiting the abode, and not securing anything (they were only marketing Heroin that evening) I stumbled back onto the sidewalk and bumped into a buddy of mine from that I played baseball with in High School.

I have four distinct memories of him:
    1. He introduced me to Nirvana after baseball practice one day.
    2. I double dated to prom with him. I was a sophmore, he was a junior. My date was a senior and pregnant at the time, although no one knew it, including me. After graduation she joined the military and then came out to all of us as a lesbian. This explains why I got no action that prom night, and me and her sat on her brother's mustang's hood drinking beer while we watched my buddy and his girlfriend have sex on a picnic table.
    3. While during a baseball game I was holding a runner on second base, and he was the pitcher. The runner had too big of a lead and my buddy wheeled around and through a fastball to me so I could tag the runner out as he scurried back to the bag. The throw was in the dirt, and in the meantime the runner slid back into the bag headfirst, or rather helmet first into my fucking face. Then the ball arrived, into my face. I was knocked the fuck out, and was taken via ambulance to the hospital.
    4. The above occurance where I was looking for yayo.

3. seelivemusic

seelivemusic
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The summer after high school graduation 2 friends & I shared an apartment & many of our friends would come over to party. One night this guy Frank came over & we were talking about how there was a governor on his suv to limit the top end speed. After a few hours he passes out & we grab his keys to test the governor. Sure enough I had the pedal to the floor & there were plenty of rpms left on the tach. Then there is a car behind us flashing its lights and honking. We try to ignore it but then it drives up next to us and waves for us to pull over. Thinking there was some problem with the car so do and this very angry man starts running to the suv.

When I roll down the window the following conversation ensues:

Me: "Who the fuck are you ?"
    Him: "FRANK'S DAD ! Why do you have my sons car & why were you driving so fast !"
    Me: "Oh. Well Frank told us about the governor & we wanted to test it. He is passed out at our apartment."
    Him: "Get back to your apartment now & tell Frank to call me."

Now this was in 1988 or otherwise I would have prob have been arrested for auto theft but he had no way of contacting the po-po. When Frank woke up the next morning we told Frank that we had run into his Dad on the highway last nite & he wanted Frank to call him. Then it gets even weirder, all three of us in the car saw Frank's dad, his mom, & someone in the back. Frank's dad said that only his wife was with him & that he didn't know what we were talking about. We guessed that Frank's dad & mom were swingers and thats why he didn't just try to take the suv away from us on the highway.

We tried to feel bad about the whole thing but Frank was kind of a dick.