Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

IIIII'M Pickin'-Out-A-Drunk-Thread, FOR YOU! 8/5/11

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Dog, Aug 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hooker

hooker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Olivia Munn is the only one who can choke a chicken properly on camera.

[​IMG]

2. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

If you watch the video, it's in the beginning. They even comment on the turkey leg. And here is the slideshow of pics, where the photo that Black Jesus posted originated from:

<a class="postlink" href="http://mypinkfriday.com/media/photos/12251" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mypinkfriday.com/media/photos/12251</a>

3. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

I wish I were. There were two vids embedded, I watched the other one. Apparently it was a reference, but still, meh. I'm not even a huge Nicki Minaj fan, but I respect her marketing/branding hustle as much as I do Gaga's.

4. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am laughing my ass off at this.

[​IMG]

5. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

POP MUSIC MARKETING/BRANDING

1) Find/Be the Asshole who will act and dress like a friggin idiot, leave self respect at the door
    2) WOOOOOO AUTOTUNE WOOOOOO
    3) ????????
    4) General Masses: OOOOOOO GIMME GIMME!
    5) PROFIT!

I don't know who I hate more: The assholes responsible for making this shit, or the idiots who consume it.

6. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

I just got back from lunch, and I don't know if it was the beer I drank or the lunch, but I'm barely able to keep my eyes open. And I have a whole stack of bills to get into the system before the end of the day.

7. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

C'mon, if it were that easy, everybody would do it. It's not exactly high art, but she didn't sell 1.5 and get 5 million twitter followers (simply) by using Autotune and abandoning her self-respect. She created a cult of personality, using cleverly constructed lingo, a personality so ironically transparent as to have a sort of superficial depth, careful cameos and association with better-known rappers, pretty uniquely forward-thinking views about sexuality, and so forth.

She wasn't by accident. Whether you respect the fact that she was willing to do this is another story -- I'm not quite on board with her fetishization of barbie dolls for obvious reasons. Still, you gotta give her props for creating this whole persona.

8. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

These guys created a cult of personality...

...She dresses in broken clear plastic umbrellas and the trimmings of a blind drag queen.

#68 effinshenanigans, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  9. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

It's all well and good that she has some kind of personality that is quirky and full of "superficial depth," but please don't act as those these things and general popularity make an artist worthy of any kind of respect. She's made her money, and good for her. I like money, money is awesome. However, when I think of an artist, I think of what they have created in their field, not their persona.

That being said, her music sucks.

10. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I give them more credit for digitally editing out her penis, from a live broadcast to boot. She is a man right? Every picture I've seen of her she looks worse than Ru Paul after running a marathon. Seriously, she's trans gendered right?

11. Devils Advocate

Devils Advocate
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Okay, who dresses worse her or Lady Gaga?

12. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

I don't respect her MUSIC any more because of those things, but I respect her ability to MARKET herself because of, well, because of how she's marketed herself. It's not nearly so easy as simply abandoning your self-respect, because plenty of people are willing to do that.

I think she's an ok rapper, although she sort of annoys me.

13. annabanana

annabanana
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I'm getting a hangover just thinking about how much beer I'm going to drink tonight. We're taking the bikes to the State Fair (I'll try to get some good hillbilly pics like that toothless dude with the huge Pabst logo on his neck). Then back to our place for more beverages, some "nonsense" and then I'm going officially hit on my husband's best friend's hot wife. We've danced around it long enough.

Oh and contrary to popular belief , everyone in WI does NOT care for 192 different fried-foods-on-sticks so I will not be able to report on that later.

14. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Its not about who dresses worse. Its about who should be the more deserving recipient of the business end of your 22 mag.

15. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Both of them:

[​IMG]

Side note, here is a fat Russian guy doing the best cover ever of Bad Romance:

FUCKIN' JAM.

#75 CharlesJohnson, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  16. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Do people really hate Lady Gaga that much? I'm not a great pop music theorist, but I was always under the impression that she was pretty talented. Maybe a B+ musically, underneath all the hype.

17. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would say that neither of them wear clothes--they wear things. Wearing clothes requires some remote attempt at creating a combination of coordination and function. It looks like both of them rummaged through a dumpster after a gay pride parade on Fire Island, threw on whatever they could find, and went on stage.

"Ok, I've got two different-colored shoes, half of a jacket, the hat Bison wore in Street Fighter, three wigs, and a skirt that just barely hides my labia so long as I'm not breathing.

Perfect."

18. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

THE F DO

[rnsfw][​IMG][/rnsfw]

19. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

[​IMG]

This is about as "normal" as I've ever seen her look. I'm not into her at all but the episode of SNL that she did with Timberlake was fucking hysterical.

Oh and....

WHY ISN'T IT 5 O'CLOCK YET??!!!

EDIT: I would like to thank those of you who have wished me well in my new job and said they miss me being around here. I miss not being here myself. Even though this place is what it is, we are still a pretty close knit little community so thanks guys! Also, the new job continues to make me smile every single day. The people here are awesome beyond words, there are practical jokes daily and my Boss treats me like I'm part of his family. I am very lucky.

20. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Funny story:

My killer dog caught and killed a baby rabbit last night. Just as she was slobbering it to death, a few of the neighbor ladies came by with their dogs and all hell broke loose. My wife came out to help me control our 100 lb beast and got to talking with one of the neighbor ladies. They were complaining about how all of the rabbits were eating the hostas.

I missed the first part of the conversation and I only heard the neighbor lady say "I have a really good recipe for that" referring to a rabbit repellant for the hostas, to which I replied "I have some good recipes too, but there's not a lot of meat on this little guy here."

Apparently, suburban soccer mom types have an aversion to eating rabbit. Who knew.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.