Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

IHTSBIH on Broadway

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juice, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Superfantastic

Superfantastic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This thread reminded me of how I found the RMMB in the first place: a link from Maddox's site. Spent the weekend reading his online stories, then lurked on the message board for a while before signing up and posting in a thread about crazy job-quitting stories. I've maybe read half of Beer in Hell standing in book stores and have no desire to pick up his others. While I understand the commercial/Frat-appeal of his books, I never got the quasi-respect he seemed to get in other circles. Always felt like I was missing something. I mean, obviously dude can write a story, but I never considered re-reading more than three or four of them. I was honestly hoping for the movie to be good (the Hangover comparison was laughable though), but didn't give a shit once it sounded like it sucked. Internet people are weird.

I would see the play though. If I was in New York, was offered a free ticket and beer, and had literally nothing else to do.

2. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, relatively few people can reliably write compelling stories. But I think also, a lot of it comes from college and post-college aged males desire to intellectually justify their media consumption.

"Look, I'm not reading immature frat-lit, it's real literature."

Personally, I am of the opinion that not all art need be "high-art," but there are a lot of people out there who feel insecure about this.

3. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh, I absolutely agree, the reason that we are a good message board is because there isn't the influx of trolls and morons that come with highly publicized boards. Still, I do think a slight influx if new blood would help, but its hard to attract new people without attracting trolls. Crappy little Catch-22 there.

4. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Meh, I wouldn't really have a huge problem with trolls because the moderation is good on this site. We could laugh at them until they got annoying/boring then get rid of them. I still find it amusing that many people are too intimidated to post here though for fear of getting flamed or called out.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

We got a guy to shut down his site, message board AND personal clothing line within hours.

Let them come. There is nothing more satisying then sending Joe Cooldude into suicide watch.

6. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    I'll never forget the post-deleting rampage he went on, with comments like "Idiot", "Die in a fire" and "Kill yourself", only to end it with this:

7. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And you think you're not too emotionally invested in these things?

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Jesus CHRIST it's a fucking message board. Did Parker steal you identity? Are you now fucking around for the sake of fucking around? Where is this "emotion" you speak of? I'm the one who pleads relationship advice here and then ignores everyone's warnings so don't tell I'm the emotional one. I like this place because it makes me laugh.

9. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This. A friend of mine told me one day at lunch about "this guy that writes hilarious stories on the internet," and sent me a link to the midget story. I found RMMB through that, and there was entertainment there, but it didn't make me laugh like TiB does. After RMMB was shut down, that was just it. I few weeks later, I checked back, thinking maybe Tucker would revive with some "I just wanted to see who would stick around" type joke or something. He had edited his final post to include a link to TiB, so I'm glad he did. It's funny looking back at a screen grab from the Wayback Machine. Too bad it's only the main page - there are a few posts I'd like to "read" again.

Attached Files:

10. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

I just loved the Advice Board and KungFuMike's responses. My roommates at the time thought I was crazy for laughing so much. I also enjoyed SavageHenry's posts.

I really feel indifferent about Tucker's work. I don't particularly like him, and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't like me, either. That's cool. I wish him all the best.

11. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The highlight being when Bunny and KFM went back and forth insulting each other and trying to a woo a clearly insane woman.

12. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Same here... went from Maddox to Tucker to the messageboard. I remember my first experience with the messageboard was reading SillyLittleFreak getting into a huge argument-turned-banfest with a member over the question "Could a jet plane take off on a massive treadmill?".

I saw the movie at the Minneapolis premiere and was glad I brought a flask (ah, college). The guy interviewing everyone as they left the theater asked what I thought and all I could do was shrug. It was a letdown. Would I see a theater production, even if Tucker wasn't involved? No.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

KFM is the most vicious of all Rudius members, no doubt. He fronted the RedHighHeels thread and cursed that woman with cancer probably thirty times.

14. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This happened last month with the Zug website. I had been a member 8+ years, had gone to some of their events and spent time with other members. Then with only a couple weeks warning the owner said he wanted to move onto other things and it was implied he had no intention of handing his baby over to anyone else to manage. Fair enough, but the fact that he erased everything made me incredibly sad. I've joined the message board that was an offshoot of Zug, but the political discussions and some other things that make me uncomfortable are wearing on my nerves.

It was Zug that introduced me to Tucker's stuff because Hargrave pulled a (lame) prank on Tucker at an event and wrote an article about it. The stories were hilarious, and I was very fascinated by the message board because here was a cross section of personalities that I'd never interacted with much and they were basically letting me hang out with them. The mix of intelligence and irreverence kept me coming back regularly.

I also like this place for similar reasons, but changes in my life limited my ability to visit here as often as I would like. I always feel awkward posting some place if I'm only popping in every once in a blue moon, so I mostly lurk now.

I've seen the movie once, and enjoyed the experience. Would I have liked it if I hadn't read the book, was a part of the message board, read all the details provided by Tucker and crew about the production of the movie as it was going on (something I tend to find really fascinating), and attended a premiere where I got to meet Tucker and other fans and have a great time? Probably not.

15. zzr

zzr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The funny thing was that SLF was wrong.

16. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've laughed until I had tears running down my face on several occasions while reading many KFM diatribes. He had a way with words, and I hope the internet hasn't seen the last of his creativity.

When he and geigs (the 700 lb. powerlifting doctor with the tits .gif avatar) took turns during the RedHighHeels incident, I remember geigs saying something along the lines of "ejaculating in my pants at the thought of you running through a forest fire full of AIDS."

Oh, and the MS Paint drawings of Bunny and Mike. Ridiculous. "I will not rest until my fist in her ass."

17. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You know, I kinda miss that shitpussy of a mod.

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I miss the lovely MS Paint drawings Gris would do for Ballsack. Oh wait... that could still happen because both still sometimes visit this board...

19. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Likewise, and I then lurked for about a year before I actually signed up and posted.

I have to disagree with the opinion many of you have regarding SavageHenry. Not that his posts weren't good - they were, or that he wasn't thoughtful - he was. But SH, Suapyg, Bunny and few others were what was wrong with the RMMB towards the end, in my opinion. The site was started as a joke date application page, evolved into a place for Tucker to mock people and post stories, and then to a board for his fans and witty, intelligent, depraved humor. Over the last couple of years it switched from TMMB to RMMB, and became vehicle for Tucker's plans of world media domination.

But it got serious. Way too serious. The whole point of the board was the laughs. It was Tucker's board, and he could change it, or shut it down, as he pleased, and none of us really have the right to complain. SH, suapyg, et al were good guys, with valuable points of view, but the funny left the building. I want to laugh. I don't need some faceless board member with a questionable and unverifiable background to give me advice.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Jesus, KFM. Here are some RedHighHeels highlights for those that missed it:

Kung-Fu Mike:
    Scootah:
    KFM:
    Boozy:
    and then....

CaptCapital:
    Giegs:
    but the best of all....

RedHighHeels:
    KFM:
    ...and now you know why I joined the RMMB.