Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

If you had to pick...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dcc001, Jul 8, 2010.

1. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Aliens might be stupid, boring, and/or simply want to kill all of us. Too many variables.

Seeing how the universe was created would be an amazing experience that would clear up one of the greatest scientific mysteries of all time. No way that would be bad. Very easy decision.

2. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

I feel like we are going to find out how the universe was created pretty damn soon anyway. eriously, the established history of the big bang goes back to about 1^-42 seconds anyway. Really we're almost there. I think within the next 25-50 years we'll have this question down pat. However, what the fuck are the chances we ever meet another intelligent species? Near nil? I'll have to go with the alien. Assuming the alien actually wants to have a sit down and chat, and doesn't just want to kill me I'd choose talking to an alien any day of the week. Can you imagine how much it would affect mankind if we found out what a totally independently evolved species thought about morality?

If they are more advanced than us, the immediate benefit to our standard of living would be profound. It would the most amazing event in the history of mankind, whereas the discovery of the origin of the universe would just be another scientific fact without any implications like the coming finding of the higgs boson.

3. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Aliens, hands down. Knowing the origin of the Universe might sound profound, but ultimately it's useless knowledge - either you're going to be given proof of God or proof of the non-existance of God, which does what for you really, unless you're currently having a crisis of faith and/or existential thought.

Communication with Aliens however opens up an enormous spectrum of possibilities; technology, culture, knowledge, etc. It's just all around much more interesting.

4. Subito

Subito
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The big bang, assuming Morgan Freeman narrates it.

5. elo

elo
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I would assume that if someone offered up an alien species to communicate with up against the creation of the universe, they'd have to be a pretty awesome and intelligent variety of alien. Otherwise the Genie'd just be a giant cocksucker.

And having assumed that, I'd assume they'd already have discovered the creation of the universe and would pass along the knowledge... in an alien bathroom reader, along with all the other mysteries of the universe.

6. hotwheelz

hotwheelz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We're like a pack of hungry hyenas.

"So... I'm a girl... "

"GIRL GIRL TITS TITS GIRL"

7. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is a no-lose choice in my opinion. While I'm fairly certain that finding out the truth about the origins of the universe would fry my brain, I'd choose that.

8. BakedBean

BakedBean
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'd choose the alien contact, simply because the beginnings of the universe only answers one question, "how did it all begin?", and meeting an alien answers two: "is there life outside of earth?" and "will it be sentient?"

And since meeting aliens answers "yes" to both questions, that would give me the chance to be the guy who Jay referred to in Clerks 2. I'd go down in history, in the Wikipedia of the future, under the 2056 (Idiocracy reference, get it?) entry for "homeboy fucked a Martian once". Or, you know, at least for the segment of society that talked like a fag.

Also, aliens would be able to hook me up with some awesome interstellar drugs. Imagine "maricaine", the naturally-occurring weed that makes you hungry for healthy stuff (which would then taste good), make fucking a Martian even better, and was non-toxic in any conceivably necessary dosage, while making you feel Godlike in the process.

9. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You all seem to have a knowledge of cosmology on par with the kid in class eating paste. I am sure there is someone far smarter than me on this board who can explain it better but there was no 'big bang' or 'flicking of a switch'. We are simply talking about particles heating up to a temperature to hot or us to understand before cooling and than expanding outwards over a period of HALF A FUCKING MILLION YEARS.

That makes watching paint dry seem thrilling.

10. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Universe.

But I'm not sticking around for the after show, I heard it's crap.

11. Evildreams

Evildreams
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Well it would depend on the types of aliens, but we'll just assume that they're much more advanced than humans, if so this will be more or less the conversation;

So, you're aliens huh! So how was the universe created? If they now-win! If they don't - d'oh.
    Now that we've got that out of the way, will you help me enslave the whole human race, and make me king and in return you can have Mexico?

Also, since I'm not a racist, I'll ask if they have some hot blue or green skinned alien babes handy.

12. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm in school to become a high school English teacher. If I put my boobs on the internet, it would bite me in the ass.

[​IMG]

I feel like maybe this is PG enough. I'm the boobs rather than the drink.

13. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well since toddus already knows how the universe was created, I suppose I would choose talking to the alien.

14. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You're missing the point. It's not about watching particles float for eons, it's about how matter itself came into existence. It's the classic paradox. Energy can only be transferred, not created or destroyed so how could it be born of itself? Modern theories suggest that the universal is eternal, existing in a perpetual cycle.

Of course there's a downside. It could be something really lame and obvious that people haven't thought of yet. Or it could be like looking at God and instantly kill you. In fact, it's probably one or the two. I might have to go with the alien.

15. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

On topic...

[​IMG]

16. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Guys, I am not going to email you my breasts. While I am very flattered that you enjoyed my cleavage, I require a nice dinner in exchange for seeing the real thing.

17. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Email the breasts, we'll email you dinner.