Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Idiot Board Introduction - Start Here

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tellkyle, Oct 19, 2009.

1. utgjohn

utgjohn
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Re: Introduction

I'm a longtime lurker from RMMB and I just wanted to say thanks to Chater. Hopefully this place flourishes and we can all still have a home to waste ungodly amounts of time.

2. yakbutter

yakbutter
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

What's up sluts?

I for one thought the moderation on RMMB was getting seriously out of control. I figure most of the people who come over here will be longtime RMMB members and not dipshits trying to troll Tucker, so I for one don't think we need so many thought police. Another board I'm on has no moderation whatsoever and some of the threads spin off into tangents in amazing hilarious ways. Just a thought.

3. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Wow, yeah I never realized how much time I wasted on the RMMB until it was gone. I was a member for about 4 or 5 years I think, never posted much. Posted under Mr Ridiculous (which is the name of an old Flotsam and Jetsam song I think, I don't know why I used to think it was so cool). Anyway I followed the lead on the art forum and registered with my real name and I figured I'd do it here too. I'm actually super stoked this forum got created and kudos to Chater. I know I couldn't have been the only one who realized they weren't really excited by the topics of any of the new forums which were posted on the notice at the old board. I guess I'm just addicted to bullshitting.

4. Benzilla

Benzilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I had a feeling that something was bound to change. Either the movie would be a megahit and attract a crush of idiot posters or it would suck and Tucker would get butthurt and shut the forum down. Neither happened, I thought the RMMB was going to live on for the foreseeable future.

I have to tell you guys, when I saw the closing message on the forum home page two thoughts hit me:

1. "Is this for real? Why didn't we get any warning?" I was legitimately distressed.
    2. "Am I seriously annoyed because my favorite internet forum was shut down? I'm more of a nerd than I thought!"

5. Mwood

Mwood
    Expand Collapse
    Lurker

Hey guys, Long time lurker, sporadic poster (under the same name) here. The board was definitely a daily entertainment for me. I hope the intelligent banter and amusing posts follow over. Oh how I'll miss the " just show me your tits" reps I'd get.

6. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As much as this goes against the old board, perhaps you lurkers should contribute here. This board is in an infant stage, and we have the chance to bring the charm of the old board here, as well as the comedy and intelligence, as well as grow in ways that we did not expect.

All you lurkers: Here is your chance. Start threads with interesting topics. Start threads with funny topics. Start threads with intellectual topics. Just don't be fucking tards.

Be intelligent and reasonable.

7. Yukon Cornelius

Yukon Cornelius
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I wonder how many hours over the years I've wasted over on the old Rudius forum?

I look forward to wasting many more here.

8. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I spent so much time reading the old story-like threads, good to see life.. and now that it's fresh I can contribute more to what really was interesting.

... there's no way to make this post sound non-feminine. Fuck.

9. clb

clb
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I agree completely. If this place gains critical mass it will be a change for the better. You can also add me to the list of people who were embarrassingly upset when they found out the old board was shut down. Mostly because of the Lost thread, but sometimes you people are entertaining. Sometimes even on purpose. I hope this works out.

10. The Squirrel

The Squirrel
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I had just found the RMMB maybe 6 months ago and enjoyed the daily comedy it was a great way to kill time at work. I was just starting to get into some of the older threads and am disappointed I will not be able to continue reading those, particularly the "ask a ______" threads, some real comedy gold there.

I was a little surprised at how intense the "moderation" was there, especially when it came to thoughtfull criticisim of the movie. It was like if you didn't say how great the movie was the post was deleted and you were ripped by Tucker/the Mods. As someone who really enjoyed the movie I still enjoyed hearing other points of view. I found it especially disappointing because Tucker talked so much shit, it seemed that when things didn't go perfect for him he couldn't take the heat. On the filp side I would immagine that it was a bit traumatic to have something you worked so hard on not turn out as you expected. I hope he cools down, brings the board back, and gets AFF finally finished! (Sorry for being longwinded and taking up all that bandwith but it had been bugging me)

No onto the important stuff here:
    1) Member boobie thread needs to be started ASAP
    2) Member booty thread needs to be started ASAP
    3) Someone mentioned a drunken weekend stories thread, that sounds fun too!

Most importantly:
    THANK YOU CHATER

11. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Hi, my name is Natty, and I drink too much Natural Light.

Wait, this is not one those boards, is it?

Played on T/RMMB for over almost 5 years now. No real emotional attachment or the like, but it definitely provided an opportunity for good laughs, good insight, and meeting good people I otherwise wouldn't have. I'll likely be checking in from time to time, and probably make you dumber for it.

12. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Lets make sure we have a female userbase before we get the boobie/booty threads started.

13. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My first two thoughts when I tried to log on this morning were:
    1. It's not April, is it? Can't be.
    2. Where the fuck am I supposed to talk about Lost when it starts up again.

Fortunately, from what I've seen here and on the artistic board spin off, it's predominantly the intelligent/funny folks that are carrying over to the new boards.

I look forward to the results of the pruning.

14. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Lost forum is a go/no-go in my opinion...that, and a place where I can rant for sitting two 200yd performances in a row in our FFB league.

15. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Assuming I'm not missing a detail on what a lost forum is (I assume the TV show), check Pop Culture section. And agreed. We need something for FFB.

16. Tey

Tey
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Dude not even...even with all the complaints about the way the old forum ran, the mods, the bans, the dumb posts, and whatever else, just reading through a handful of the better arguments, advice, and problems was a great experience and taught/exposed me way more than I would have learned in the same time on my own.

The two things I thought of when I read the message was
    1. "Damn... I wont get my retarded questions answered by watching others get banned on the advice board for asking the same thing anymore"
    2. being one of the lurkers on the old site I couldn't help but admit that I was too pussy to get into the meat of the old board, and when it went down I realized the chance was gone.

As most of the other guys already said, thanks Chater for putting this back up and giving shit a fresh start.

17. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think this is a big one. I have a feeling there were a lot more lurkers than one would think, and who knows why they never posted. It could have been they felt intimidated by what seemed like a large base of veteran posters who were more than likely to respond with "piss off retard" (why I didn't post for a long time) or some other reason but I think that if a lot of the lurkers start to contribute more often than it could really help this forum take off.

18. T-Watling

T-Watling
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

The moderation added to the personality of the RMMB. Now that the power isn't there its' interesting to see the number of complaints.

The place was at its best from 2004 - 2006, real question is how do we recreate that here?

19. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have to agree with this. I lurked for a long time before I posted because I thought I was going to get trashed if I said something stupid. But once I started posting it was fine. Though I do remember saying some really dumb things in the Gorilla or Lion debate and getting blasted, but it was deserved.

20. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I knew something had to be up with all that banning going on in the last day. It was definitely rather shitty the way the closing of the RMMB board was handled. A day or so warning wouldn't have killed them. Anyway. I sincerely hope this board becomes all the positive things that that board was. I totally agree with the other posters who have said that they learned more from it than they did 4 years of college. I had been coming to that board for 4-5 years now in one way or another and it was because of the intelligence and humor of some of the threads that kept me coming back. Ask a Scientist was a great one along with so many others. I spent a bit of my day trying to find a replacement and NOTHING came close to the old board. I never thought to start one up myself, so many thanks to the originator. I was very pleased to see so many of the same thread titles too! Here's to hoping the boobie thread returns!