Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Idiot Board Introduction - Start Here

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tellkyle, Oct 19, 2009.

1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Re: Introduction

Inbetween is possible. It will just take the right people. And for those that are PMing about it, as Chater said, this place has taken off faster than he thought. Being a mod/admin is more than most realize. It takes time and patience with little return. Don't volunteer unless you can give what's needed of you. It'll be a waste of everyones time.

2. NurseNikki

NurseNikki
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Hey All
    I used to post under the name strange_daze_indeed on the old board. I haven't been too active for the past few months due to work commitments, but I still liked to pop in and have a read from time to time. I can't say I was shocked to see the TMMB taken off line. Great to see some familiar names posting on this board. Hopefully it takes off. I need a place to get my dose of not so serious !!

3. mav_ian

mav_ian
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Ha! I got 3 day ban after an incredibly drunken and stupid rant/rave post, and I come back to find this. My post was dumb, but didn't think the ban was entirely necessary, I guess SLF probably wanted to fuck with some people one last time (which actually seems pretty funny). Thems the brakes I guess.
    I have no idea how long I'll keep coming to this board, there was already some other group of users that formed their own a couple years back, and when I had a look at it, it kinda sucked. But we'll see.

4. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I'm genuinely pissed that the board went down this way - or at all. I didn't post much, but was reading frequently.

I won't call Mr. Max anything he hasn't called himself already...

Edit: Thanks for starting this board, Chater!

5. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Damn, I was a member for a little over two years. Not as long as most of you, but still. It was an entertaining place, and I'll miss it.
    But I also think this one has a lot of potential. And even if it doesn't expand like the old one, it'll still at least be a good place to shoot the shit with funny and entertaining people.

The funniest part about the final moments was how one of the moderators started the best boobie post contests, promising to award moderator status to the member with the most votes, which was supposed to take place today.

6. MooseKnuckle

MooseKnuckle
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Now that you mention it, didn't suapyg tell someone on the advice board to write an essay (with a lot of ridiculous stipulations) and if he didn't do it by midnight on Sunday he would be permanently banned?

7. doctorgonzo

doctorgonzo
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I didn't really participate on the old forum but I enjoyed wasting time there. It'd be cool if this place takes off and remains interesting, but these kinds of projects are difficult and time-consuming so hopefully the Admin and mods are going to be up for it.

Also, we need to bring back the weekend drunk threads. Those were the best.

8. fuzzzy

fuzzzy
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I knew something was up when I noticed the last 7 or 8 posts by the mod Boozy were variations of "FUCK YOURSELF" followed by my realization that just about everyone who posted regularly had been banned for seemingly no reason.

9. alistair kinnear

alistair kinnear
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

At least we can fuck around and joke about how bad the movie bombed without getting flamed from the mods, which did happen to that smart poster Biscuits.

As an aside, I'm not trying to say the movie sucked. I thought the movie was great and was sad that it didn't have any legs to make serious money.

10. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For the record, I have vocally disagreed with Bunny, Tucker, Tonyo, Ryan, and probably others, and was never banned as a result of it. And I think I have had one post deleted in over 1,000, and it was a tangential link that I posted in the NFL thread (which actually got a ban. That seemed odd).

I think people generally underrate how far not arguing like a dick got you.

11. playcrackthesky

playcrackthesky
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Well, I figured once the movie came out something was gonna happen. All things considered, this may have been a good move.

It is sad to see it go, though. I was just a lurker (and only for the past couple years) on RMMB, but I like to think I did a lot of growing up during that time. Thanks for the...whatever the hell I got out of it. I'm glad some people stuck around.

And Chater, you rock man. Thanks for taking the initiative.

12. mav_ian

mav_ian
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Yeah, I'm not gonna be one to disparage the old mods, and I have had a few more posts deleted than that, also got banned once before. I'm not going to say I agreed with everything they said, and I don't consider myself a sycophant, but I think there was a good reason they were chosen.

13. Sompletely Cober

Sompletely Cober
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

He financed the RMMB to the bank to help pay for the movie. I guess that's why it's gone.

14. alistair kinnear

alistair kinnear
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I thought suapyg, PWJ, Geigs and that one Marine who was a nurse were smart as shit. Especially the Marine, he knew a lot of shit.

15. monkeyhanger

monkeyhanger
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Hey, Monkeyhanger here. I was a member since way back (old proboards board i think? PreTuckerfest and the golden days of sippycup, roshkosh and slingblade for all those with long memories). Anyway, nice one for starting up the new board. I never posted much recently but did read and follow the threads quite a lot. That place was a goldmine of comedy (both intentional and not) and i'm sad to see it go.
    There is a chance that the board will come back again i think, there is precedent for this, back in about 2004 Tucker closed the board down for a couple months for reasons never fully explained. Lets see what happens but it will be sad to see the old place die, it was one of the best, if not the best board on the net.

Good luck

16. fuzzzy

fuzzzy
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I was around when that happened (still a lurker). He did explain his reason a few times though. He had said back then he didn't have the money to keep it open and had to close it down. That was why he was never able to put any of the old stuff back on, he didn't have access to any backups because it was simply closed down by the host.

17. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

edit: Never mind, it's been covered.

18. monkeyhanger

monkeyhanger
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I must have missed those threads. I remember him pimping out mod status years ago to keep the board running but didnt realise that was why the board was closed. I'm sure the board has closed down at least once or twice because of Tucker throwing his toys out the pram for one reason or another. Wait and see, i give it 2-3 months and it'll be back.

19. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Props to you Chater, Thank God you started up this forum. I was a long time lurker and just started getting into posting more often the past year or so.

I was pretty pissed/upset when the boards got shut down today. I've always enjoyed having a message board to read/post on throughout the day, and I enjoyed the RMMB so much because it was full of intelligent, if somewhat maladjusted people (like me). It was perfect to read throughout the day or post occasionally when I needed to clear my head from work or just waste some time.

I posted under this same name over there which makes things easy, and I had to bring back the Swank Puppy.

Looking forward to moving on to these boards, as long as they keep the spirit of the RMMB which I have no doubt that they will.

20. youaresomoney

youaresomoney
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

The RMMB is the only forum I've been posting on for the past 2 years, so hopefully this new board can provide some entertainment while I avoid doing work.