Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Idiot Board Introduction - Start Here

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tellkyle, Oct 19, 2009.

1. tellkyle

tellkyle
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Re: Introduction

I posted under the name Kyle over there. I rarely posted but enjoyed reading what everyone had to say. There was a nice mix of funny, poignant, and interesting. I really hope this community attracts refugees from the other place. I didn't stick around there because of fandom, rather, you the people made it interesting. Thanks for coming up with a new site so quickly, I hope the community doesn't lose continuity even if it lost its history.

The head separated from the body knows nothing; life flourishes in the body separately and of its own volition. Be the best bacteria and larvae you can be. Here's to new beginnings!

2. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone else pissed that Tucker didn't give any warning? I had a lot of useful shit in my PM inbox for example.

Is it possible to have a Quickreply function?

3. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Look, I'm not trying to be a dick, but maybe the quoted sentence reveals something about why the place no longer exists.

4. Gramercy

Gramercy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I was actually productive at work because the site shut down. Productivity is boring.

5. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No I'm not "sad", it's that I had valuable information there, specifically in my PM box. The writer's forum as well for instance.

It's not any nostalgic or emotional attachment to the cesspool of RMMB I'm upset about.

6. bearclaw76

bearclaw76
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Looking forward to wasting some time on here to.

7. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Bosses all over today are wondering why so much got accomplished at work.

8. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I don't know who you are Chater but I wish you luck with this. It's harder than one thinks to run a place like this and will take more time that you probably realize. I highly suggest mods/admin in place as soon as you can so you have some help. Once it gets rolling along, you'll be gald you did.

In the meantime it's nice of you to take it on and I'm sure it's appreciated.

PS Where's the T&A go man?

9. madmagazine

madmagazine
    Expand Collapse
    Lurker

Everyone's sad. It just was a cool place to be. But hell, change is always something to celebrate. It's a sign that you're still alive.

10. CoolHandPete

CoolHandPete
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Wow. An interesting feeling this morning when I woke up to check the boobie thread and I saw Tucker's message. All that wasted time, wasted. Now, here I am, ready to write stupid shit on this messageboard. Cheers, bitches.

I was petewitt54 on RMMB, if anyone cares.

11. Queen-Bee

Queen-Bee
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sweet Baby Jesus! I thought I was going to have to get a hobby. Thanks a bunch Chater!

I was lucky enough to have a few days notice on the demise of the RMMB, so I was able to retrieve at least one email address of an e-friend and theoretically lesson the shock. What I didn't realize is that all the content would be gone. I thought you just couldn't post anymore. I came home tipsy (ha, who's kidding who? hammered) last night and actually shed a stupid tear when I realized that it was ALL gone and I had no ability to even contact some of the select few that are worthy.

While I certainly appreciate the RMMB for the years of providing strangers with entertainment, information, boobies and sometimes even enlightenment, I am royally pissed at the manner in which it was shut down. Bad form people. Bad form.

Now back to our regularily scheduled programming.........

12. Senna Vs. Prost

Senna Vs. Prost
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I swear to god I gained more knowledge from reading certain threads on the RMMB than I did in four years of college. I hope that will carry over in some form here.

13. satan rae

satan rae
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

long time lurker who never posted.

the old idiot board will be sadly missed during my daily internet rounds but if you guys can keep coming with the funny I am sure this could be a suitable replacement.

14. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Got you covered.

RAVE: My poop today smelled like a baby poop.

God, that was cathartic. Like taking a poop. Let's never fight again, you guys.

15. Mash

Mash
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I can see how this place could take off and gain a following. I can't be the only person who enjoyed the messageboard but was not a big fan of who was running the site.

16. fuzzzy

fuzzzy
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I completely concur with this statement. I came to the RMMB when it was only the TMMB at the age of 14. I can thank that place for giving me the knowledge and insight necessary to take me from being an idiot 14 year old to a slightly more intelligent, slightly maladjusted 20 year old who frowns upon IM language.

EDIT: Though it seems I have yet to figure out how to properly quote someone on the first attempt.

17. Racer-X

Racer-X
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I was surprised at how bummed I was when I saw that the old board was gone, there was definitely more accomplished at work though.

I'm glad to see that some of the regulars (or possibly people just using their screen names) are already back.

I applaud Chater for the quick response. Hopefully this board can continue the tradition of interesting topics and posts with reasonable grammar and spelling.

18. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

The more that I think about it, the more that I am convinced that the shutting down of the old board was the best thing that could have happened. Sad to say, the board as it existed in it's final state attracted more dumbasses than anything else. For the past few years, you started to see the kind of poster that more resembled the fanboys on Tucker's Myspace page rather than the intelligent people who could actually add to the conversation. And it was getting worse with time, not better.

Here, there is a chance for a fresh start without a lot of the bullshit that made the other board (almost) unbearable in the end. Sure, there are lots of things from the old board that will be missed, but I like the possibilities present here.

That might be the first serious post I've ever made. See, this place is changing me already!

19. Mexicutioner

Mexicutioner
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Whats keeping people from just signing up as the names of popular members of the old board? Any way to prevent that?

20. mrwarden

mrwarden
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

The moderation on the old board didn't help things. If you weren't a sycophant, you were banned and your posts were deleted. If you weren't swallowing whatever quasi-zen group think bs which was handed down from Bunny, Tucker, SLF or whatever other mod seemed to be running things that day, you were banned and your posts were deleted.

I never engaged in the serious or semi-serious discussions because it was obvious those threads were there so that everyone could only pat each other on the back about how enlightened they were.