Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Ideas for the birds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hiphopguru, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

2. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus: Alien encounters. I don't believe them, but it's fun to read about incidents and wonder, "What if?"

Anti-Focus: David Icke. Years ago I came across one of his videos on youtube, wherein he talked about a conspiracy to a one-world government, the secret Elite, etc. The man put so many small things together in a way that it was starting to sound plausible. Hell, I was actually beginning to believe he was on to something. This guy really knew what he was talking about, right? So where did it all lead? Oh, secret reptilian humanoids. I had to pause the video while my brain ran over what it had heard and and confirmed that yes, he did say reptilian humanoids. The only things David Icke had stumbled upon were the script to V and too many tabs of acid.

Alt-Focus: Clearly, these birds had midair collisions with cloaked ships in our atmosphere. Even now, the Zionist Fleet prepares to rain fire down upon the United States, clearing the path for their glorious ascension to planetary domination. Or something. I'm sure the Loose Change idiots can fill in the rest.

3. hiphopguru

hiphopguru
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Zergling rush?

4. Thorgouge

Thorgouge
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

My personal belief is that the United States Military created some sort of earthquake machine that can be used to cause earthquakes anywhere in the world to defeat their enemies. Of course they were careless and the machine instead fucked up the Earth's core and now it has stopped spinning and the magnetic field is fucked and now Rome is going to be destroyed by lightning and LA is doomed to be scorched by the sun. It is now up to a ragtag team of scientists and a token black guy to drive a super advanced drill down into the core of the Earth and jump start it by setting off a chain reaction of nuclear bombs.

Or maybe it could just be weather related.

5. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, that's been disproven more than a few times.

Oswald and Ruby did not act alone. Two amateur assassins don't work independently and have the means to kill their marks back to back. Ruby was hired to kill Oswald to shut him up, pretty obvious in my opinion.

Focus- Area 51. Is it really a conspiracy? The place exists, it's just what's inside.

My guess is the government found some crazy shit science can't explain, and they're trying to keep the masses in check.

6. roy jones

roy jones
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

My personal belief is that Jim Tressel, head coach of the Ohio State Buckeyes, was working some voodoo on the state of Arkansas. As it obvious that it worked for the Sugar Bowl (Seriously, waaaaay too many dropped passes to not think a higher power was not at work there...), OSU is going to invade Sweden for its five star recruits. Or it might just be a sign that the movie "Assholes Finish First" has been greenlighted and that Tucker and Niles will again write a first draft script and not bother to do any rewrites. Conspiracy wise, I once believed Tucker was real and 6 feet tall.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I'm thinking Apple's testing their new iPhone 5 antennas, and fucked up the gain a bit.

"Can you hear me now?"

"No... too much thudding from all these birds falling out of the sky."

[​IMG]

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/world/birds-who-died-mysteriously-in-sweden-suffered-acute-blunt-force/story-e6frf7m6-1225983430372" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/world/ ... 5983430372</a>

It's the alien space ships. With their cloaking devices enabled, the birds didn't see them, and flew right into their hulls.

And it makes sense that the Aliens would head to Louisiana for their invasion, because if they start reporting a bunch of aliens and spaceships and stuff, everyone would just do the Deliverance-banjo thing and roll their eyes.

9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When I was younger I too believed the bull set forth in JFK. After reading into it and finding out some of the absolute fabrications, falsehoods, and flat out wrong information Stone put in for the sake of making a point, you realize the conspiracy is as kooky as 9/11 truthers. Stone himself has said, "he made the movie to tell his lie to counterpoint the lie put forth in the Warren Report." The Warren Report was not bullet proof but some of the biggest questions, such as the magic bullet theory, have been easily explained since then.

There is a good History Channel program where scientist recreated the assassination in a computer simulation with exact specifications of Dealy Plaza and the Limo. The Warren Report used the Limos factory specifications while the test they ran used the modification made for the president's motorcade. With the correct numbers the bullet didn't need to zig zag to make the wounds that occurred and only could have come from the angle of Oswalds Snipers nest. Stone failed to mention that this "pristine" bullet was tested against fragments found in Governor Connely and found to be from the same bullet. He also never explains why all of the physical evidence found in the car could have only been made from a bullet shot from behind, IE the bullet fragments found in the windshield could have only entered the glass from behind the car. It would have been physically impossible for the bullet fragments to be in the windshield from behind if they were shot from the grassy knoll.

As for the jacket he was wearing there is footage taken less than a minute before the assassination that showed that it was scrunched up heavily around his collar which would explain why the holes in the jacket don't line up with the ones found on his body when it is on correctly.

Find that program, it deconstructs the most of the myths with the Zapruder film, analyzing it frame by frame, and through the use of the computer modeling. They also did a good job of interviewing Oswalds relatives, they paint a really good picture of who he was in real life, not that he was a secretive super assassin but a loser who wanted to make his mark on the world. But I guess that's just like the story they want me to believe, mmmaaaaaannn!

Edit: I'd like to add, that though I think it reprehensible for Stone to flat out lie to prove his point, JFK is a magnificent film. Visually stunning, Oscar winning editing, heart pounding score, amazing performances by a slew of top notch actors, it is a truly masterfully crafted film. A neo-noir whodunit fiction thriller that is based off a historical event. Got to give Stone credit where it is due.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Alt Focus:

The news said it may have been high altitiude hail or lightning, but there's another possibility I've heard of involving the true story of a couple famed British musicians: former 90's alt- rockers Shaun Ryder and his brother (from the Happy Mondays) once put rat poison into bread and fed it to about 10,000 pigeons. They said that the birds rained down on Manchester from the skies and they laughed from the rooftops. Sadistic, yes. But this could just be a bunch of kids that poisoned some birds.

11. Moose

Moose
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The Recency Effect aka Synchronicity aka the Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon aka Blue Car Syndrome

Attached Files:

12. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Like I said:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110107/ap_on_sc/us_sci_dead_wildlife_fact_check

Focus: Not all conspiracies are figments of overactive imaginations- some are real: http://www.infoplease.com/spot/bhmtuskegee1.html. In general though, I don't believe in huge, world changing conspiracies. A good rule of thumb is that the more complex the supposed conspiracy is, the less likely it is. Just call me "Funsucker" .

13. eric

eric
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I've always found the TWA 800 conspiracy to be interesting; specifically that the flight was shot down by a shoulder fired missile.

http://twa800.com/

14. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Speaking of conspiracies...

15. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's the end of the fucking world maaaaan....

It's like, birds have these little magnets in their heads, man. That's how come they can, like, migrate hundreds of thousands of miles and stuff... and listen to my thoughts for the CIA. Anyway, like, the earth's magnetic field is changing, the poles are flipping. It's overdue, man! And like, the start of the change is making the birds' magnetic brains explode and stuff.

True story.

16. Stealth

Stealth
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

17. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    I'm just wondering what the heck is in our water supply:

#37 Danger Boy, Jan 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  18. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I experienced a large number of fish kills last year, most had hooks in their mouths. In a related story I happened upon a number of animals that appeared to have died from lead poisoning in the last 24 months, very weird.

Fish kills in my area of the world are pretty common, lakes get very low oxygen levels or bad water and all the fish die.
    A creek will have low water flow and stagnant water and the fish die.
    We had some unseasonable weather this fall and one of the lakes had about 4000 pounds of dead big mature 30-50 pound flathead catfish floating around, no news crews hung out there most likely because it smelled so bad.
    Fish are really sensitive to changes in their world, and mother nature is a bitch at times.

It made the news because no one had shot up a group of people for a while.

19. p00g0blin

p00g0blin
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

In regards, WELP...

See ya later Falcons, Seahawks, Ravens.

20. 8Track

8Track
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

ALT FOCUS: They died.

You know the book 101 uses for a dead cat? We need 101 uses for a dead bird... or a dead baby. Come on, it's 2011.