Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

I wouldn't use it. I'd just let it sit in my house.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrFrylock, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And some of us would rather have the most difficult challenge in our life be where we plan on sailing our personal cruise ship to.

Who in the fuck needs power when you have money?

2. cynismus

cynismus
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Don't the two go hand in hand? It's all about how much you choose to exercise the former if you have enough of the latter.

3. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Which is why you also take back winning lotto numbers as well so you can use your winnings to be completely self-funded and be beholden to no one.

That's the way to have your cake and eat it too.

4. john_b

john_b
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

To be fair, if you went back in time, won a bunch of lotteries/sports bets/etc and then invested all that cash into big-time companies, you wouldn't just be an investor in Google, you'd be someone like Warren Buffet (maybe not quite up to him, but you would probably be more than just an investor.)

That being said, it really would be cool to own something like Google.

5. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Of course what could end up happening is you go back, and you see someone drawing a gun, you fire and miss, and oops, it was YOU who killed Biggie Smalls.

6. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Let me get this straight: You have the ability to time travel, and you decided you're going to go back to save someone, and that person is...Biggie Smalls???

7. cynismus

cynismus
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Hey man, there have been much more insane ideas to come out of TiB.

8. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

From that logic, I would pick Biggie over Tupac. But given a choice to save a musician, I would save Dimebag.

Like others have said, I would pull a "Back to the Future" and take a sports almanac and lotto numbers back about 5 years or so.

Too lazy to look to be sure, but something that I think no one else has brought up: How do you deal with yourself in that time period? How do you re-introduce yourself to family and friends?

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Fuck that. Stevie Ray Vaughan.

"Here ya go, John Bon Jovi, you can take this flight out in the chopper."

2 birds, one stone.

10. hoju

hoju
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This might be like disciplining old people for stealing batteries, but...

11. john_b

john_b
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, the original idea by the other guy was to see who really killed him. In lieu of that, I'd rather save him.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I remember the bar I was at when I heard the news (Grandma's Pub in Gibsons), and the story about how Bon Jovi let him go first, and my best friend and I both looked at each other said "fuck off... Bon Jovi couldn't have been on that chopper instead?"

Sure, Leary tells that joke all the time, and I love all things Leary, but it is hardly his original thought; a LOT of us thought the same thing before he first told it.

13. hoju

hoju
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I've heard this before, but from no credible source. In fact, I've never found anything that says this is fact.

For instance, here is his obituary from the NY Times.

He played a blues concert with Clapton and others before he left. There is no way that Bon Jovi played there as well. I'm not saying you're wrong, but it sounds like bullshit.

14. snobes

snobes
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

1921 America. Invest like crazy in the stock market, do a ton of sports betting, and party like it's 1929. And pull nearly all my cash out in 1928.

I would go see a the great baseball players play ball, The Babe, Ty Cobb, and watch a few Negro League games to see if Satchel Page was as good a advertized.

Sometime in the 30's I would build a team of Inglorius Bastards and do work. So insted of going to war in Europe, we head to Saudi Arabia to take over their beach (read oil).

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Just talked to my friend who was there with me, and you'.re right... we were talking about Clapton, not Bon Jovi, being on the chopper instead of SRV.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I would go tell John ennon to stay away from the ugly Asian bitch because she is about to ruin the entire earth, and you'll record an album with her that's essentially you and her farting into a four-track for an hour. And while I was there, I would kill songwriter Barry Maguire before he could make "Eve Of Destruction" into a hit. FUCK I hate that song.

17. kindalas

kindalas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck this rear view mirror shit.

I'd sell everything I had.

Invest it in a very diversified way internationally.

And time jump forwards 300 years.

Because either we're so completely fucked right now that it is all downhill, or people way smarter then me will figure it out and save the day.

But if it is the latter, I'll be able to get that computer in my head, and teach women the old fashioned way to have sex. You know for fun.

Or if it is the former I'll die from a heart attack learning that Bieber was elected president after the terminator.

18. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

See, if I were going to go back and save a musician/performer, it would be John Lennon. But I'd simply push Yoko in front of him so she took the bullet.

By that thinking, I'd go back to Dallas in Nov. '63, and stand in the parking lot behind the grassy knoll on Dealy Plaza. If I couldn't prevent the assassination of JFK, at least I'd know the answer to "the question of the century." But this also raises an interesting question: do I bring a gun, shoot the second shooter(s), save JFK and alter the course of history, or do I bring an 8mm camera, film it and let history play out?

19. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

I'd jump back to two years from now and warn the world about th-

20. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Surely there now exists a rule in Rock music that if the chance exists to offer your seat to a fellow musician on a bus/plane/helicopter you offer that shit straight away because sure as shit that fucker is going down in flames.