Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

I wish I was a little bit taller, wish I was a baller

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JWags, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Considering most of us come onto this board at times to mock and snipe at others, its safe to assume that all of us have a few insecurities. Maybe its mental, maybe its physical. But they are there. What would you change physically about yourself if you could? Parker probably wishes he didn't have an uncomfortably large penis that just splits vaginas in half. Whereas Nom might secretly wish he had a vagina so he could more fully participate in the TiBette thread.

Me personally? I'm just a bit under 5'11, which isn't short and certainly above average, but I've always wished I was taller. A nice 6'1 perhaps. I hate being just short enough that any mid height girl puts on more than 2 inch heels and she starts to get into my airspace.

Also, I'm constantly at odds with my hair. Its thick and sort of wavy. Just wavy enough that it won't lay down or style nicely and thick enough that I can't wear it longer cause it won't really grow down. People say I should be grateful cause I'm likely not going bald anytime soon, but I would still rather complain about what I can't do with it.

FOCUS: What are your perceived physical shortcomings? Do people routinely say you're full of shit for being bothered by them?

ALT FOCUS: What parts of yourself do you love that you'd never change?

2. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Bump.

3. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Almost 5' 8" and 120 lbs. I guess that would be good if I was a woman.

4. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I won't say all the standard chick "I wish I was a leggy blonde with perky natural tits" (not that I would argue with that), but instead I would love to trade in my nose. I have my Dad's eyes and nose. The blue eyes, perfectly fine with, the strong, got into one too many bar fights nose, not so fond of. Guess I should save my pennies for the typical hollywood nose.

(and while I am at it, maybe a boob lift, some lipo, botox, etc)

I used to hate my hair because it was thick, curly, and hard to manage. Then I discovered Keratin treatments. I am not likely to go under the knife, but boy do I love my hair stylist.

5. MrPrime

MrPrime
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Love my height, a lofty 6'4. Some times it is a little too tall (fucking airplanes), but with the current 6'2 girlfriend, its awesome.

Hate? My weight. I have always been a big kid (Read fat ass), but I have been actively been working on that. Down from a max of 330 to a feather weight 255 (as of this morning...fuck).

6. VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Son of a bitch. I have a lazy eye. It's not bad and most people wouldn't notice it because I wear glasses and I have been told that glasses have some corrective properties. No matter how you slice it, it's there.

ALT FOCUS: I'm 6'3", so I have that going for me. However, I'm most proud of my ability to grow a beard. It's uniform, thick, and soft like luxurious felt; the kind of felt you would find on a pool table in the White House.

7. Dude

Dude
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

And showers, and beds, and cars, and... Look, being tall is great, but I'd love to shave off a few inches and get down to a nice 6'1 or something. (Also, what the fuck is up with half this board being 6'3+??...I'm 6'5 and its not all it's cracked up to be. Everyone just wants to know if you played basketball.)

Sometimes I figure I'm a little thin, but it doesn't bother me too much. I've got a tall, thin, slightly skater look going on and while its not for everyone, I've had enough girls flat out tell me that I'm hot that I'm not inclined to change much.

That being said, I have a large adams apple and it bugs the fuck out of me when people point it out.

8. caseykasem

caseykasem
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus: I'm insecure about my weight and lack of muscle mass. I'm 6'3" and 180 lbs. It would be nice to weigh in the neighborhood of 210 lbs. and have it not be fat. My quads and arms are too thin for my liking. It would be awesome to be more muscular.

Alt. Focus My blond hair and my height. 6'3" is perfect. It's not so tall that I can't find stuff in my size but tall enough to be considered tall. I really like my blond hair. It's different from what most guys have and it really stands out. Nearly every girl I've dated has loved to play with my hair and loved that it's so blond.

9. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

6'5" and over 300 lbs. I'd love to just be an average size. Can't change my height, and I've struggled with my weight, part poor choices and part medical complications, plus middle age (that's the first time I've written that about myself). I seem to be in a perpetual cycle of "diet & exercise, achieve some success, have a crisis that brings it to a halt, lose all motivation to start again.". Repeat, repeat, repeat. The older I get, the harder it gets.

On the plus side, I have great hair. Thick, brownish-blond that's gotten seriously gray, but I don't really mind that. I have a thick beard that's red but heavily gray on and under the chin and with my baby face, the gray makes me look "distinguished" as opposed to old as one of my classmates told me when we were looking at a picture of us her daughter took at commencement. The only way I'd go bald is from a fire or chemo. Probably the only way I'd have sustained weight loss, too.

If you have healthy habits, keep them up. If not, get them. It doesn't get any easier.

10. KillaKam

KillaKam
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm pretty content with my height (5'11)...don't mind standing above some of my friends.

I do however wish that I could gain a little bit more weight. My eating habits can be ferocious and it stuns me how I never really put on too many pounds throughout my life. Not trying to gain 100 lbs or anything but I guess I just wish it was easier to gain more muscle mass and tone.

Also, my hair...I've been told I have excellent hair but I just don't see it. It's almost unnaturally thick and coarse, and it grows almost too fast to comprehend. After I wash it, it does take some work to get the fuzziness out of and I have a really weird part which makes it extrememly difficult to style it into looking good. (Wow...I sound like a douchenozzle.)

And I can't grow a full beard. Just random patches of stubble. Lame

11. Omegaham

Omegaham
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm 5'10", which makes me about average as far as men go. I'm a stocky bastard, hovering about 195.

I would love to get rid of the wrinkles on my face. Combine nearsightedness with with a tendency to furrow my brow when I'm deep in thought, and my face has crow's feet at age 21. People tell me that I look like I'm 25.

12. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have baby t-rex arms. Also known as a negative ape index.
    There's nothing to do to fix this...and it's even something stupid to know about myself, but I do. I'm not overly insecure about it, unless I'm trying to reach something. Then it pisses me off.
    My jawline is crooked. I firmly believe my right side is my "good" side and feel like when I view a picture of my face from the left, it looks off.

As far as typical female issues...eh. I'd love bigger boobs, and that's an easy fix, but then again, I sometimes wonder if it's worth it.
    My ego takes a beating when I go shopping, because between my ass and thighs, nothing fits and it can get to me.
    I have cellulite, but don't consider it the end of the world, usually.

The one thing I have changed is that I have a FEROCIOUS Resting Bitch Face. Like...my RBF is just downright MEAN. I don't necessarily intend it that way, but from wearing glasses for years, and having light sensitive eyes, I used to squinchy face a lot. I try to do it less these days, and try to combat my RBF, because it DOES have a negative impact on how I'm perceived by my clients as well as the customers in the gym.

13. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

Definitely my size. I'm 5'8" 130lb, and I would love for an extra couple of inches and some more muscle mass. Can't do much about my height, but I should do more to get bigger. I seem to constantly have cycles where I get into a good routine for a couple of months, grab 5-10 pounds, and then get hurt in some way or another that requires I not work out for 1-2 weeks. Those 1-2 weeks are enough to disrupt the cycle and lose all the mass I gained. At the tail end of one of those cycles right now after I hurt my knee doing squats a couple of weeks ago. The knee is fine now, but I can't seem to make my way back to the weights.

I'm also losing my hair, but have started a regimen of propecia and rogaine to at least halt the process. Here's to hoping I regrow some hair and don't have permanent erectile dysfunction.

I also have a neanderthal brow which protrudes pretty far out. This has resulted in half of my forehead being darker than the rest since it gets more sun. Shut up, it's not weird.

14. amjoyce

amjoyce
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I am reasonably tall at 6'1" though this board does seem to have a higher average than normal. Growing up, I always wanted to be around 6'3"-6'5" but for some reason I stopped growing at 14. Size wise, I am a thick chested individual with a decent amount of muscle, but definitely still have the love handles going on. Those would be the first thing that I would get rid of. It really fucks up that nice v-taper that bodybuilders always go for.

On the other hand, I am quite proud of my shoulders and arms. My shoulders are wide enough that I had doors in my old apartment that I couldn't walk straight through and my arms stay large even when drop down to around 200 lbs (for reference, TiBer thread and a few drunk threads). Also, I love my beard even though I have sacks problem connecting the goatee; I just grow the sides of the stache down and connect it. You really can't tell that I lack the requisite hair there.

15. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm 6'5 300 lbs. I like the former and not the latter but at least I'm dealing with it now.
    I also have strabismus (basically lazy eye) but glasses have sorted that right out (while 3 surgeries failed) and I look far better with them than without anyway

16. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

I am really pasty-white. Think of the whitest person you know. I'm probably that shade or one lighter. I'm self-conscious about it because since I was about 13 years old people have been calling me Casper or telling me that I look anemic or sick. Gee, thanks. It's actually just my natural skin tone. Having dark brown hair makes it even more noticeable. I'm too lazy to keep up with wearing bronzer or using tanning lotion every day, so I just remain white. Some people actually compliment me on it, but I think I'm so used to being teased or a little criticized about it that I don't fully believe it.

17. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm 6' tall and currently 258lbs, fair skinned, and furry. I have no problem with my height but I've struggled to lose weight for years. Several years back (6-7) I dropped from around 350 to 198 and at that point I loved being me. I'm ok where I'm at now but would like to get back down to about 210-220.

Some people do say I shouldn't worry about being overweight because I'm a guy, relatively normal, and have a decent job but I feel like I feel better about myself when I'm a bit more fit. I get my back waxed because I have yet to hear a woman say, "Wow, your back is so hairy! I love it! I can't wait to get my fingers tangled up in it."

Blonde hair and blue eyes, that I would not change.

18. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Currently my biggest dislike bodywise is my gut. It's not a big gut but because I have tiny arms and no chest it looks bigger than it is. And unfortunately I'm stuck with it for the time being because I can't go at a caloric deficit right now because I'm strength training. I'm hoping that I can at least get some size in my arms and chest so I'm better proportioned; Like shimmered I have a big butt.

Of course then there's the fact that I'm balding, which I'm very slowly coming to terms with. I used to have long hair in high school and I loved it, so going bald pretty much obliterated my confidence and I'm just now very recently am able to look in the mirror at my shiny balding head and not be immediately disgusted.

I'm 5'10" and wish I was a few inches taller, I think 6'1" would be ideal.

19. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You fucking tree top mother fuckers. At least most of you are fat bodies which makes up for it. I probably think about my height when around this place since there is an inordinate amount of tall people, or people who claim to be tall. In my day to day life I'm still shorter than most but the average is still less than 6 foot of people I know. I'm 5'5. I'd like to see what 6'0 is all about.

Besides that, like Sack mentioned I can't grow anything near resembling a beard or mustache. I look like a 15 year old stoner with the scraggly patchy bullshit I grow. I don't much care for my nose either. I think it is kind of bulbously at the end and an untreated broken/fractured nose from middle school wrestling has kind of left it asymmetrical which I think makes me hard to photograph well. Added with my wiry hair most people think Im jewish, which I am not. My hair, historically, has been my most hated physical attribute. I have wiry uncontrollable hair. If I leave it dry and brush it I look like a 70's serial murderer. If I gel it at at anything over 3/4 an inch it curls up and does what it wants. My dad had similar wiry hair, less curly when longer, and went bald which Im afraid I've inherited from him.

As for non outwardly physical would be my back. Diagnosed with kyphosis in my teens and a slight alignment issue with my hips has caused me years of fucking pain. Outwardly you wouldn't see anything wrong. But it has been pretty bad and I am not looking forward to aging past my fifties at all. When Im in a good groove lifting and can string together some solid months of squats and deadlifts my core will strengthen up and the pain all but vanishes. I was there about a month and a half ago but then I strained my back twice over the span of a few weeks (it seems I have zero margin of error lifting and any little break down in form strains something). Then the weekend before last I fell and wrenched my back hobbling me like a cripple. My friend who came in out of town asked me if I was 80 when I told him I couldn't go paintballing because..... I fell. He suggested a medical alert bracelet. I really wonder sometimes if going the physical therapy route my freshman year of highschool was the best decision over the back brace my doctor recommended. I might have been tormented into some Columbine inducing rage but it might have cleared up my back problem for good.

This thread is depressing.

20. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am 6'7, 330 pounds, which means I have a nice gut courtesy of too much beer and no excersize. So that is what I hate the most, but not enough to do anything about it.

For you short people wanting to know what being tall is like, it generally is just a pain in the ass. Flying sucks, driving for extended periods suck in most cars, hitting your damn head on everything, I could go on but you get the point.

Oh and for the vast majority of your life at least 4 times a day random fuckwads will ask "how tall are you?" ( taller than you asshole) "did you play football?", the most annoying for me when I was in my early 20's and still doing the bar scene was every drunk asshole with a napoleon complex wanted to fight the biggest guy in the room.

I'd love to be 5'9

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.