Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

I wanna be a vampire when I grow up!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dcc001, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-5-most-ridiculous-attempts-to-be-vampire-in-real-life/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-5-most- ... real-life/</a>

TL;DR: People actually attempting to become - or appear to become - vampires.

Focus: If you could have one superpower, what would it be and how would you use it? Focus is wide open - being a vampire is as much a 'superpower' as flying or x-ray vision.

Alt. Focus: Make fun of stupid people.

2. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think, limiting myself to decently well know super heroes, if i can't be Superman (he has many powers), then Wolverine's healing factor would be amazing. As much as a traveling power would be great, because of how much I loathe driving and wish I could teleport or fly or fly through the cosmos, I'll take the ability to heal and live and trust technology to catch up on the rest in due course.

3. Robbie Clark

Robbie Clark
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'd have Magneto's power to control and create magnetic fields. You'd basically be god in our metal filled world.

4. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I agree, plus think about how much money you could make doing Jackass type stunt movies with no repercussions.

5. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If its Vampires in the True Blood sense, aka healing properties like Wolverine, lightning quick, ridiculously strong, then yeah, that would be pretty awesome.

FOCUS: I think telepathy would be fantastic, provided you had the power to use it selectively. Would make you incredible deft in social situations, a beyond effective negotiator, and useful in a myriad of other ways.

Otherwise the ability to see even a few minutes into the future. Spend about 2 years as a trader with that foresight, become fantastically wealthy timing the market, and then use your powers for good...or something like that.

6. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

I'd choose teleportation so that I can travel without the travelling. I'd love to be able to spend a weekend away - or even just a day in some places just to check it out - without all of the time and cost associated with travelling.

And, yeah, sure, maybe I would also use it sometimes when I don't feel like taking the subway. Or to appear for a minute to slap some people across the face and then disappear again.

7. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    If I had a superpower?
    I tell you what I'd do, man...
    Two chicks at the same time, man.
    [​IMG]

Focus:
    I'll second the super fast healing like Wolverine.

8. rbz90

rbz90
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

9. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Force.

10. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Invisibility. If I had the power to become invisible, I could have gotten out of SO MUCH trouble...And gotten into so much trouble... But it all would have been fun.

Being able to control someone's mind would be really cool, on par with invisibility. Imagine being able to make someone do anything you wanted:

State Trooper: Sir, do you know why I pulled you over?

Me: Maybe it's because I was driving a few miles over the speed limit, or maybe it's because you're an asshole. Either way, you are going to walk into the middle of the roadway, strip, and begin sodomizing yourself with your sidearm, all while I record it on my phone.
    If I have to go to court over this traffic stop, I will provide the video as evidence that you are mentally unbalanced. Oh, and I'm going to post the video on Youtube no matter what happens.

11. kindalas

kindalas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dr Manhattan

Not only could I walk around anywhere naked.

But I also be in more then one anywhere at a time.

12. Dude

Dude
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I would have to go with the old standby: flying. I'm a bit of an adrenaline junkie and being able to fly would be such a rush. Maybe not so good drunk, though. And only really when the weather is nice. Whatever, it would still be cool.

Telepathy would be awesome just because people wouldn't be able to tell. You would have the upper hand in any kind of social environment, and would be really kick-ass at poker.

13. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Interesting twist to think about, a lot of these powers could be really, really fucking bad if you get too drunk. I mean especially Magneto's power, there's no way you're not accidentally killing yourself if you get too sauced. And even worse yet, does the healing power mean you can't get drunk?

If that's the case I think I might go with knowing the outcome of horse races right before the betting is closed. I picked horse races because I don't give a shit about it, so I'd be able to profit off those while not ruining other sports.

14. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Attached Files:

15. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I want to be able to read any book just by touching it. I'd go to the library, outstretch my hands, and walk up and down every aisle. Absorb years of studies and research in moments. You could learn physics in an afternoon. No, I did not steal this idea from Short Circuit.

Ok, just kidding. I want to be invisible so I can run around town goosing women.

16. Dude

Dude
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Possibly better than wolverine's healing would be an inability to get injured. Get hit by a car, shot, etc, no big deal. Imagine the risks you could take without fear of bodily harm.

17. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, except then they wouldn't be risks at all.

Focus: CharlesJohnson took my favorite (book osmosis), but a second would have to be the ability to erase and give people certain memories. The ability to wipe out childhood trauma, insert loving parents, or creat better final conversations with loved ones would be great. I'm sure I would fuck it all up, but you could do some serious good in the world with that ability.

18. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The ability to control all aspects of time. You could do just about every one of the super powers mentioned before. If you needed to control someone's mind, just repeatedly reverse time until you figure out the perfect combination of words that make them do what you want.
    You could read any and all books an infinite number of times.
    You could be in any place on Earth at any time.
    If you get old, just bring time back to when you were young.

Just imagine the possibilities...

19. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I feel like telepathy would be a double edged sword. Yes, you can manipulate people. However, the ability to read everyone's thoughts would be really, really hard on the ego and self esteem. God forbid anything about you not be perfect, because people usually search out the imperfections. Even if they don't point them out aloud, they think it, and you'll be reading their thoughts and hear how you look especially tired today, or how it looks like you gained a few pounds. On top of that, you'd hear all the negative shit that people think on a daily basis.

There are a lot of pros, but we often overlook the cons.

Take the healing factor. With that, your lifespan would be enormous. You'd watch everyone you love, everyone you're friends with, die well before you do. You fell in love with a girl? Awesome. She is 22, you look 22. Of course, she'll eventually be 60, while you still look 22. What then? Dump her ass? What if you have kids together?

Then, what if there was Nuclear war? The entire population ends up dead, but you survive but are in horrible, agonizing pain, not to mention alone.

No, thanks.

I think I'd go with invisibility. Not a lot of real downsides, and a lot of potential for fun and profit, unless you end up going all "hollow man" or something.

Edit:

Diablo brings up another good one: manipulate time. You can do virtually anything with that power. The only question that brings up is "if time is paused, do I continue aging? If I rewind time, does my age rewind?" If so, you have to use it sparingly, otherwise you could end up looking years older than you should be. Still, that would be a good one. Fuck up a conversation? Rewind. Stupid decision? Rewind! Want to win the lottery? See the winning numbers, rewind to before they were picked, buy a ticket. Don't even get me started on the potential in games like Poker or Blackjack. I'd be rich as shit.

20. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Let's be honest. You'd just stop time to perv out on the hot chicks with big boobs.