Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

I only suck locally grown horse cock

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Frebis, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A lot of post around here and the old boards concerning foods have confused the fuck out of me.

"I only eat a healthy locally sourced, grassfed, organic diet, and I haven't had fast food in over 7 years"

This is what confuses me. How in the fuck can you go that long without eating fast food? I don't like eating at McDonald's either, but there are times where if I don't eat it, I don't eat at all. Maybe I'm just too busy. What the fuck do you do when you are on a road trip? Bring a cooler of food for it? What about when you are on vacation in a hotel for more than a few days? It makes no sense to me how you can actively avoid all of these things (unless you live in a large metropolitan area, and never leave it).

FOCUS: Your diet. What do you normally eat. Ever eat fastfood? etc.

ALT FOCUS: If you are one of the people that have never had fastfood explain yourself.

2. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

I am going to admit that I'm really only bumping this for the thread title. Which I love, by the way.

Anyway I don't eat too much "crap food" like fast food, although sometimes it happens, especially if I am eating while driving somewhere, but I do eat too much non-crap food. I don't give a shit if it's organic or whatever; honestly I like consistency and if there's one thing food processing guarantees, it's consistency. However, I have noticed that ingredient quality is much higher at, say, Trader Joe's than at the regular supermarket for some things. If you steam a bagful of broccoli florets from Trader Joe's, they're going to be uniformly crunchy/soft (depending on how long you did the steaming) and delicious. If you steam a bagful of broccoli florets from the supermarket, you are getting WOODY STEMS GALORE, which is just nasty.

3. Pussy Galore

Pussy Galore
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I rarely eat fast food since I'm at school six days a week, and my class schedule precludes me from leaving campus until the day's over. However, I'm not much better - my diet generally consists of microwaveable soup cups and those Fresh Mixers pasta bowl thingies during the day, and frozen dinners at night. I'd cook every meal if I could, but sleep always wins out over waking up to make breakfast or staying up to make dinner.

That being said, drunk Pussy would never give up Waffle House for a healthy, hearty home-cooked meal. Mainly because I couldn't tell the difference.

4. LatinGroove

LatinGroove
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I cook the majority of the food in my home. As such I eat all sorts of food you would. Everything from stir fry, to lasagna, to spaghetti, baked fish, etc.

I eat fast food on occasion if I'm in a rush somewhere, but most often I have food tubs in my backpack. For example I regularly take home made peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip bars to snack on at school.

I'd take home cooked over fast food any day. Just in the past 10 minutes I fried 3 small Golden Yukon potatoes in some left over bacon fat with 3 scrambled eggs to go with the bread I made over the weekend.

5. Judas

Judas
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Being in college, I can basically list my diet for the week:

Breakfast = 3/7 days of the week, toast with almond butter with a bit of honey.

Lunch = Two sandwiches of honey smoked turkey and baby swiss with a horseradish honey mustard. A piece of fruit and chips and salsa...or leftovers from the night before. About twice a week I will get a Qdoba burrito or fast food. This usually comes about when I'm hungover on the weekends.

Dinner: Spaghetti with meat sauce / Lasagna made fresh. Chicken Fried Rice. Chicken quesedilla. Stirfry. Frozen pizzas (Palmeros thin crust frozen pizzas are heavenly.)

About twice a week I will eat out at a restaurant with friends. Usually Mexican or pizza.

Overall, not the most healthy, but I try to make a lot of food myself. I watch a lot of food network and follow recipes to the tee while trying to learn how to improvise on them.

6. whatisinaname

whatisinaname
    Expand Collapse
    Hoping to be even a fraction of the man Jim is.

Here's where the red dots are going to fly, but I do not eat beef, chicken, pork, shell-fish, etc. For 8 years, I didn't even eat fish. Now I will occasionally eat Tuna, Salmon, Sea Bass, or Tilapia as the ex insisted I do it for nutrition and my health. Sushi = good.

I travel all the time, and vegetables, beans and almonds are always available. It has now been 18 years and the only thing I miss is bacon. The funny thing is that most of my friends don't even realize that I don't eat meat and I never mention it either. Fast food? Fucking disgusting. Never, ever.

7. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    Well, yeah. That's because Trader Joe searches the far corners of the planet for fresh produce, and personally delivers it to every store:

I try to avoid fast food, for obvious reasons. I like to at least make an attempt to stay somewhat healthy. But if I'm in a hurry, or don't have another option, I'll definitely hit up the drive-thru.
    One fast food place I can't stand though, is McDonald's. I just think it's fucking gross food, so I avoid eating there. One thing I've noticed about McDonald's is the longer you go without eating there, the grosser the food tastes the next time you do.

#7 Danger Boy, Apr 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  8. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Focus: I mostly stick to egg whites, fruits, veggies, fish, brown rice, almonds, almond butter, beans, hummus, and feta and mozzarella cheeses.

And organic horse cock, of course. But, I'll only eat it if it's big and black.

I can't remember the last time I had fast food. The last time I ate at McDonald's was probably several years ago. I think it's pretty easy to avoid eating it. Also, if you literally have no other options, most places have salads on the menu. Cut out the junk and ask for the dressing on the side.

9. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

I have some pretty terrible eating habits interspersed with some decent ones.

For one, I pretty much never eat breakfast. I might eat brunch on the weekends, but for some reason, I can't really eat before 11 or so, and by that time, I figure I might as well wait for lunch.

I also tend to eat more meat than I should; I cook most of my meals, and almost every meal I cook involves a vegetable, a grain and some sort of meat. I tend to buy medium-to-low quality meat (it's all safe, it's just a matter of taste and texture), and use a variety of herbs and spices and cooking techniques to get what I can out of it. I'd obviously like to buy higher quality meat that didn't require all of that, but it keeps my grocery bill down. As far as I know, spices aren't bad for you, and I'm getting pretty good at figuring out what combinations have what effect.

Probably my worst habit is that I love juice. I drink way more juice than anybody should. Combine that with my somewhat sporadic eating habits, and I probably get 1/3 of all my calories in liquid form. I don't drink much soda, never drink coffee and partake in alcohol only moderately, but my juice habit makes up for that and some. It's not good.

On the flip side, I rarely eat sweets. I'll have a piece of pie, or a few bites of cake or something, but I don't really ever just sit down and eat a whole sleeve of cookies. The one exception is mixed fruit or applesauce or something.

10. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Depends. When Im focused on my diet and weight lifting I cook 95 percent of my meals. Lots of chicken, vegetables, and rice. Other times when I get lazy I'd say I only cook 60-70% and eat what ever seems good and convenient at the time. Here in China Ive really tried to explore the different varieties of food, and trust me they eat like fucking shit over here. Wet markets are very popular, they are kind of like farmers markets, so yeah there is fresh (and I mean the animal ain't dead yet fresh) food here but they drowned everything in oil. They deep fry everything, throw in pig fat to richen the flavor, and then serve it up with even more oil. Still I enjoy cooking for myself so Ill go out and try the popular local dishes and then try and recreate them at my place. If you are feeling particularly lazy McDonalds delivers to your fucking doorstep and there is a company that delivers any restaurant food you'd like in similar fashion (as long as the restaurant allows it).

11. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My eating habits are strange.

I do a bunch of shopping at Trader Joe's, and eat fast food 3 times a month at most, but also consume enough meat to shame a Viking. Pork, chicken, and beef might as well be the daily food groups, and turkey, fish, and lamb aren't far behind.

That being said, I do eat a ton of fruit and dairy, as well as a colossal amount of grains. The one area where I probably skimp are vegetables and sweets.

12. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

My diet is terrible. Although I don't eat at traditional fast food places all that often, the Chinese buffet I eat at twice a week probably is on the same level. Aside from the frozen pizza makes up a large portion of my diet. I could really stand to lose about 20-25 pounds, but really I don't see that changing until I get up off my ass and change my inactive lifestyle. But to be honest since I work in a clinic I get my labs done every year and until I start getting into the unhealthy range for some stats (cholesterol, sodium, potassium, blood sugar) I don't have a lot of incentive to change what I doing.

13. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I work from home much much more than I use to so controlling what I consume is easier.

Fruit + yogurt for breakfast #1

Egg/egg white w/ meat for breakfast #2

Leftovers (meat, veg, starch) or a salad w/ meat for lunch

Grilled protein + veg + rice/potato/pasta for dinner

When I'm on the road I can find my normal breakfast items at every hotel breakfast bar. I opt for a grilled chicken salad when out for lunch, and if I'm taking clients out for dinner I'll have a monster steak, stuffed haddock, etc dripping with delicious fats and butters.

I'm finding fast food easier and easier to avoid with all the Subways, Chipotles, and other such "fast food" alternatives. Doesn't mean I don't grab a Baconator every once in a great while because I do. It just isn't a daily ritual.

The other thing is the more I cook, the better I'm getting at it, and the more I try new meals and eschew going out when I'm on my own because I can make whatever I want right in my own home.

*The one thing I can't stop eating is Chinese takeout from a particularly good local place. If I do a vape session, workout, and even think about their food it's 99.9% likely I'm ordering some.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Winner for thread title of the year thus far.

I eat fast food 1-2 times a week, usually when in a pinch. I almost always have some form of eggs with breakfast (eggs are my favourite) and never buy my lunch at work, which usually consist of a couple cold cut sandwiches and lots of fruit. For dinner my wife, daugher and I have your typical prep dinners: Beef & broccoli, stir fry, tacos, enchiladas (is that how you spell it?), and now that the weather is nice, barbecue barbecue barbecue! I drink 3 glasses of skim milk a day at least (I love milk) and mostly stay away from junk food but give in a couple times a week, no doubt.

I stay away from breaded & other junky pre-packaged grocery store food as much as possbile. That stuff eats you alive slowly but surely.

15. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My regular eating habits are pretty good, my gf and I eat nice home cooked food from locally grown farms for pretty much every meal (I bring leftovers in for lunch at work). We'll cheat now and then with a fried egg sandwich or a peanut butter, banana and jelly quesidia (PM me if you want details on this deliciousness), but for the most part we're very healthy eaters. We also very rarely eat out (probably had two sit down meals at restaurants so far this year), I know people want to point fingers at McDonald's and the like, but I guarantee you places like Outback are just as bad if not worse in terms of fat and calorie count.

Now, when we travel all that shit goes out the window, fast food this, buttered steak dinner that. And if we're travelling outside of New England I HAVE to get McDonald's sausage burritos with the HOT picante sauce (they only have mild sauce here), though I have the discipline not to get the hash browns with it now.

16. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have a very balanced diet. All of my carbs come from consumption of beer.

17. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I eat a lot of cheese. Pizza, grilled cheese, burgers, chicken cheese steak, etc. Beyond that, I eat Caesar salads, Asian food (I say Asian because I like Thai food, sushi, Chinese food, and Indian food), wings, and various kinds of noodles. If it weren't for the Asian food, my diet would consist entirely of stuff you serve to little kids when they are picky eaters.

As for fast food, sometimes you don't have time to wait for the take-out place to cook your food. If I didn't occasionally eat McDonald's, Taco Bell, or A&W I would be known as the girl who is always late to shit.

18. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

B'fast Mon-Fri: cottage cheese with either fresh pineapple or fresh blackberries
    B'fast weekends: Bagel with almond butter or bagel with eggs
    Occasionally, I break it up with Kashi Go Lean cereal with yogurt and a banana, and some weekends, we'll go out to b'fast or I'll make waffles at home.

Lunch: Usually a leftover from one of our dinners from the week or a salad with either tuna or salmon

Dinner: Varies, but it's home-cooked 6/7 nights of the week. Typical dishes include Cuban black beans with rice, tandoori chicken, chicken or beef stir-fry, lamb/beef/shrimp curry, eggplant-stuffed peppers, Creole-style eggplant, gumbo, pasta with homemade sauce, stews, soups. We eat beef sparingly, and typically have chicken at least 3x/week, fish 2x/week, and beans/legumes at least 1x/week. And there's always a salad with dinner. Both my kids enjoy spicy food, so Cajun, hot curries and Kung Pao stir-fries and such go over well and I can incorporate a lot veggies into the dish. Fridays we either get pizza or Asian take-out. B-days are celebrated by going out to the restaurant of the celebrant's choice, and I love going to Babe's for fried chicken. Terrible for you, but it's once a year.

Beverages: Coffee, and a lot of it. Definitely more than a person should consume. Sparkling water, iced green tea that I brew. I'll have a Mountain Dew on occasion, but I really have to be careful. Sometimes its like drinking a beer--one leads to far too many.

Snacks: Stacy's "Simply Naked" Baked Pita Chips, granola bars, grapefruit, and either pineapple sherbet or a WW English Toffee ice cream pop. I also make my own "trail mix" with raw almonds and dried fruits and keep a small ziploc of it in my bag for when my blood sugar drops.

Fast food: Very rarely (maybe once every 2-3 months?), but when I do it's WhataBurger or In-n-Out if I'm out west (though they're building 5 franchises here in N. TX) or a sandwich from Jersey Mike's.

19. PenetrationStation

PenetrationStation
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I find that fast food also speeds my bowel movements.

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Breakfast: I rarely eat in the morning as I'm usually never when I wake up. Once in a while I'll grab a breakfast sandwich from the work cafeteria, but usually nothing.

Lunch: Leftovers from dinner or a simple sandwich, bag of chips, and snapple.

Dinner: I cook a lot and have honed my skill pretty well. Dinners during the week consist of pasta with light sauce or baked ziti, Caesar salad, flank steak and baked potato, and a random chicken concoction.

Snacks: Like lust4life, Stacies Simply Naked Pita chips, pretzels, general junk food. Plus tons of baked goods as the roommate works part time as a pastry chef.

Friday is the night me and the girl usually go out somewhere and stuff ourselves, our usual spot is Cheesecake Factory