Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

I Once Scored Four Touchdowns in a Single Game at Polk High

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nom Chompsky, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

We all impact the word differently. Some of us bring smiles to the faces of the elderly. Other spam forum threads with terrible music videos despite repeated entreaties not to. Maybe a couple of have furry fetishes.

All are important.

How have you impacted the world? What would people look on as your legacy? What do you hope to get out of life?

Focus: What is your most important achievement to date? Why?

Alt-focus: What do you hope to be your lasting legacy?

2. R_Flagg

R_Flagg
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Focus: Does graduating from high school count?

Alt-Focus: Well as I might've said in previous posts, or alluded to, I'm a militaria collector. I've got a decent assortment of helmets, uniforms, bayonets, and various other items. My greatest pride as a collector is my gas mask collection; I've easily got over 50 different types, and a handful of NBC protective suits, plus training materials. It's an odd sort of collection, but when I look at my masks I feel a certain pride in having acquired them and taken care of them; whereas some people might toss them into the back of a closet or attic, or god-forbid made a bong out of them.

It wouldn't be much, but if I could leave a lasting legacy to the world it would be my collection. If I was told while I lay on my deathbed that my gas mask collection would be preserved for all time in a museum where they could be studied and appreciated, then I could die a happy man. It wouldn't be as awesome as leaving the world a collection of cavalry sabers or a Tiger tank; but the gas mask has been a fairly common part of the infantryman's equipment for the better part of a century now, and likely will be for a long time to come. Somebody has to take those items and save them for future generations, much as somebody saved suits of armor and swords from the Middle Ages so those items would end up in a museum.

3. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My lasting legacy? I imagine it'll be along the lines of "Well, he tried hard sometimes. And he cared about his family" Yea, I have high hopes for myself.

4. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

focus: The high score on Pacman in the student union.

alt-focus: see above.

5. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've done nothing in my life that surmounts the fact that I've tried, and in most cases succeeded, to simply be a good person. As I see it, what else really matters?

Someone once said--and I forget their name--that every person experiences three deaths. First you actually expire, then your remains are disposed of. But the third death is the last time that your name is spoken. To me, one can have no better lasting legacy than to have the last words spoken about them be of something positive; that despite any shortfalls in their character, they were simply a decent person.

That, or that I once had a massive boner for eight months straight. That'll certainly extend that whole third death thing.

6. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Remember that guy, who did that thing at that place, that everyone talked about for a few weeks or so?

That was me.

I'm not interested in a legacy. In my chosen profession, I've contributed significantly to making the world a cleaner, and hopefully better place. Therefore, in all likelihood, I am superior to you in meaningful, profound ways. That shall suffice.

7. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

Alt-Focus: I'm not sure if EGOT is actually a thing beyond the 30 Rock universe, but if it isn't or if you don't know, it's a performer's goal of Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, and Tony. I hope to PEON: Pulitzer, Emmy, Oscar, NY Times Best Seller. It's a simple goal, really. I'll probably have achieved it by the time I turn 30.

8. JPrue

JPrue
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Focus: I can't pinpoint my greatest achievement at this point, and would probably need to ask someone else to answer it for me, since I look back and nothing stands out as remarkable. I've accomplished difficult things that others might respect or admire, but once I've finished that challenge it's on to the next one, while usually downplaying the accomplishment itself. I'm very critical of myself and am never satisfied, so I'm always striving for bigger and better. That seems problematic when I write it out like that, but it motivates me to never settle for mediocrity. Keeps me humble, too.

Alt-Focus: I'd love to accomplish something that would give my name a legitimate legacy, but smart money says that'll probably never happen. Either way, I want people to think positively about me when my name comes up. I want people to see my hard work, my ambition and versatility, my caring, positive attitude, my intelligence and sense of humor and what I've achieved. I want others to brag for me, since I won't myself. But ultimately, I'd like to be seen as successful overall and especially as a father.

As far as future goals and accomplishments, I'd be overjoyed to win any EGOT/PEON awards for my writing, I'd like to manage my own engineering firm, and I'd like to purchase, survey, design and sell off a profitable subdivision. I'd like to be seen as a great dad, especially by my future children. I want a Wikipedia page, for a positive reason. I want to be financially independent by the time I'm 35 and I'd like to marry the woman of my dreams.