Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

I keep it smooth...everywhere

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Racer-X, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Muley05

Muley05
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I shave my balls clean and keep the top of my man bush trimmed with a beard trimmer.

I have a hairy back, so I have my wife put Veet (similar to Nair but is way more gentle) on there once a month or so, and more often than that in the summer when I am shirtless.

I have a hairy chest, but I don't trim it at all. And lately I have started shaving my arms with a beard trimmer with no guard.

2. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Mrs. wanted to see what it would be like for me to have hairless naughty-bits. Considering she endures the painful process that is bikini waxing for my benefit (which, in turn benefits her), I really couldn't say no. Waxing was out after witnessing her go through that. The only people who ever got near my junk with a sharp object were the doctor who circumsized me and the urologist who did the vasectomy, and it was going to stay that way. So, she used a Nair/Neet-type product.

All I can say is, "GOODNESS! GRACIOUS! GREAT BALLS O' FIRE!"

3. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My argument has always been that I would like women to lick my balls, and I imagine this would be unpleasant if they were hairy. Since I would like them to do so in the future, shaved balls it is. This argument seems iron-clad to me.

No hair is just unsettling, though. Like a hairless dog.

Wouldn't this be horribly time consuming? As audreymonroe mentioned, the mechanics of even shaving my balls are...cumbersome. I have to imagine that whole body would take forever.

4. Racer-X

Racer-X
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This is pretty much how I feel. I appreciate it when a woman keeps things under control down there so I try to do the same.

Some people have mentioned shaving the ol' ass crack and I tried the same thing when I was about 16. The itching and burning were terrible, but there was a lot less wiping required. If I could find a way to remove that hair without the itching or subjecting some poor laser operator to what has to be an unpleasant job, I would probably do it.

Alt focus: I have a problem with coming home from the bar drunk and shopping for weird shit on the internet. I don't always check my past orders so sometimes I'll receive a surprise package (it's like Christmas). One day I received some of those home waxing strips. I don't know what prompted me to buy them but since I paid for them, I had to try them out. Fortunately I skipped the pubes and tried one on my chest first. I didn't consider that the wax would also stick to skin and damn near ripped my nipple off.

Edit: The awkward mechanics of ball shaving were mentioned and it seems like a good excuse to post about the most hilariously named mathematical concept: The Hairy Ball Theorem

5. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Trim here. I am a particularly hirsute mammal. My bathroom floor looks carpeted. When I shave my pubes it is a giant flesh colored sun rising on my abdomen. It looks like a fucking crop circle; ridiculous.

I've shaved my balls and base of stumpy several times, but I do not like the irritation. We men don't have a smooth canvas to work with, so the extra folds and extra skin get tricky and razor burn there is utterly agonizing. You want a guy to give up the gold treasure's location, shave his balls poorly and make him wear jeans. Having said that, I'd give waxing a go at least once. No way in HELL will I do it myself and risk scrotal tearing.

As for the ass, I run the beard trimmer over my cheeks. You know, to make them extra slappable. Let's not even worry about the rest, for it is a lost cause. Goddammit this is way too much info.

Any ladies interested in shaving my back, drop me a line. You will be compensated with all the hair you can carry.

6. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's times like this that I'm glad I'm half Korean, because I think I'd kill myself if I had to deal with hair on my taint.

I use a beard trimmer with a guard on it. The first time I used it it was without a guard. I nicked my satchel and had to walk bowlegged for day.

7. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

#1 buzzer between my knees and neck (besides arms). I'm a hairy polish bastard so I trim that shit down and keep it neat. However, I do shave the shaft and balls. Nice and smooth pretty much all the time. I don't want any woman to have an excuse of not performing down there.

I also get my back waxed. I drew the back hair card and absolutely take care of it. Again, I've never had a complaint about getting that done by a woman, however I'd get many if I didn't do it.

Oh, and I do pluck my eyebrows so I don't get a uni-brow. Judge all you want assholes, but if I don't do it I look like I have a mustache above my eyes.

8. Superfantastic

Superfantastic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've shaved my sac ever since I discovered girls were willing to lick and suck balls back in high school (the first time was seriously better than all my Christmases combined). Seems like a basic courtesy to me. And not only does it make sucky-sucky time even better, it makes things more comfortable and prevents sweaty ball syndrome in the summer. And its apparently good for my sperm count (not that I'm trying to have a kid, but I'd prefer having the option). In fact, I'd argue letting things grow and tangle is WAY less comfortable than staying smooth. Never had a girl complain, so I really couldn't give less of a fuck what other dudes think of it.

As for the guys complaining about razor burn and all the rest -- seriously? These are your balls. It's not like shaving your face quickly before work. Take your time. Use a sharp razor with lots of hot water and go super light and slow. I shave probably 8-10 times a year and get razor burn or an ingrown maybe twice. I also find masturbating immediately beforehand tightens things up and makes it pretty easy. And if you're lucky enough to have a girl willing to gargle immediately after a shave/quick rinse? Heaven.

9. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hold on a second.

Can I call this out here and ask, does ANYONE here have serious problems with tangling hair on their yambag? I mean, it's not like the top of my head. I don't comb the fuckers.

I'm not saying you shouldn't groom in your preferred manner, but I have never in my life shaved my balls, am not exactly hairless, and it has never even occurred to me to require a solution to knotted or tangled nut hair. Am I alone in this? Does everyone else have a sack full of dreadlocks when they don't shave? And why on earth would there be any pulling even if that was the case? Do you run your fingers through the hair? Comb it? Tie bows into it?

I'm very confused.

10. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I like my dudes scruffy - facially and genitally. A trim every now and then should suffice for a dude. The smoothness should be kept for my genitals only, thanks.

11. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Use your common sense and act appropriately. It's really not that much to ask that you trim your shit up. If you notice it and have to ask yourself the question as to whether or not you do/should, chances are you need to do something. Let me say this though, if I'm slurping on your salami and even detect a dingleberry, anywhere, it's game over.

12. Pinkcup

Pinkcup
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not to ruin the party, but I'd like pictures. Really.

Focus: Should I break this down by zones?

Face: Take a good, long look at your beard density. Are you patchy? Are you going gray in an unflattering manner (large patches of gray that look like Africa= bad; salt-and-pepper= good)? Are you mostly-neck beard, or are you of uniform thickness all over your face? And then you need to look at texture, gentlemen. Amish chic is a hard look to master, and I don't recommend it for most men. Pube-beards, also known as "crotch face", are also unacceptable. Scratchy beards are less than ideal, but if it looks nice...rock it. Ideally, you should be going for thick, soft facial hair of uniform length. This requires judicious use of a beard trimmer and/or beard scissors.

But even if you meet all of the following criteria, you shouldn't neccessarily ditch your razor immediately. If you have a chiseled jawline, don't hide it with a beard. Ever. But if you have a double chin, acne scars, poor mandible structure, etc.- grow one and refuse to ever shave again.

Arms: If you shave your arms, you suck. Never do this. It's scratchy and weird.

Chest: I personally do not like men who shave their chests. I like to lay my head on the chest area post-fucking, and stubble scratching my face/ear is uncomfortable and ruins the experience. Also, ingrown hairs...just awful. However, I do recognize that some women prioritize the visual aesthetics of a bare chest over the wonderful tactile experience of running your fingers through a manly chest full of hair. If you like to be around women with such fucked up priorities, then you should cater to your target demographic.

But classy bitches wouldn't like this. Just sayin'.

Back: This is a touchy area. How much hair do you have? A little patch on your lower back isn't bad, and I can even see a little patch between your shoulder blades being acceptable if it isn't too thick. But a hair shirt is bad news. You certainly don't have to remove it, and there are plenty of women who wouldn't mind hugging your hair shirt. Really! But if you're okay with removing it, I would.

Cock & balls: I'm going to have to be blunt here- there is absolutely no reason I should find hair growing halfway up your shaft. None whatsoever. If you have a hairy penis, remove the hair. Like, yesterday.

Balls are a whole 'nother story. A little hair can be a pleasant experience, but I think I can safely speak for all women when I say that a long, matted nutstache is absolutely horrific. Trimming is required. You don't have to trim all the way down to .25 inches, but a little grooming is required. If you prefer the feeling of smooth eggs, then go ahead and shave. We appreciate the gesture, and it's mildly comforting to know that you held a sharp piece of metal to your genitals pre-date like we did- personally, I tend to feel like you're taking shit a little more seriously when I see bare cajones. But I do, on the whole, prefer trimmed to shaved.

Pubes: Two competing schools of thought here, no? One: Shaving everything is sexier because it allows more skin-to-skin contact, and I look bigger because I don't have any hair obscuring the entire glorious length of my shaft. Two: Trimming gives me the same effect (as in, I appear larger when my pubes are tamed) and my dick looks more imposing when it's contrasted with the background of hair as opposed to more flesh.

Personal preference: Option Two. I happen to like the animalistic feel of banging a dude with pubes- to me, completely bare is too sterile and it weirds me out. But to each his own.

Taint & Asshole: Here we get down to the nitty gritty (I swear, no pun intended). As an avid salad tosser and taint-licker, I have a few important things to add to this discussion.

You do NOT have to shave your asshole. Or your taint. This is a recipe for disaster; if you really want to be hairless, please see a professional. They won't laugh at you and they'll be as gentle as possible. Promise. That being said, I think Kubla Khan mentioned wet wipes? Yes, please use wet wipes. Dingleberries are horrible. The lingering smell of shit is horrible. Little pieces of TP that shredded when rubbed vigorously against your taco-night asshole and then became enmeshed in your assforest are horrible. Wipe until you feel clean with dry TP, then follow up with a few wet wipes. This keeps the crack clean, and prevents you from having to visit the lady with the popsicle stick dipped in wax.

If, however, you are not opposed to trimming your taint...don't hesitate. Start trimming. This is an area where shorter is better, so cut it close. Same with your asshole (if you can manage- don't kill yourself trying to squat over a trimmer and then violently sneezing or anything like that). But this really isn't a big concern- a large majority of women won't go near your asshole, so it's not worth losing sleep over. You're more likely to get a taint-bath from your ladyfriend, so focus on that area first.

Ass: Light patches of hair? Leave 'em. It's not a huge deal. Are you wearing fur Huggies? See a professional.

Legs: Only if you're Michael Phelps.

*All things considered, do what makes you most comfortable. Seriously- being comfortable in your own skin matters more than what some girl thinks about the hair on your choad.*

13. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Google "Demi Moore hair diaper"

That shit is hilarious.

14. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

I prefer trimmed. If it's too bare it's creepy; if it's a forest it usually smells, and I'm not going to spend as much time down there.

15. Suit Jacket

Suit Jacket
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I am a hairy man. In high school, I won every hairy ass contest that I was challenged too. Only one other guy could come close. And yes, we had hairy ass contests. I can, and have, grown a solid beard. Chest, back, etc. If it can have hair, I have hair there.

As for my grooming, I am currently clean shaven on the face. I also pluck away the unibrow and any extreme eye brow hairs (which I get on occasion). I will also take scissors to any ear hair that I notice - in that case, if I see it, it has to go.

I do not try to shave the back. It is just too much effort and, although it is hairy, no girl has actually said anything. However, I will sometimes clean up my shoulders. My shoulder hair is the dark course hair that is on the back, not the fine smooth hair on my arms. Not really sure what is normal there, but I have honestly considered Lazar hair removal on that.

I do not touch my chest hair. However, there is an asymmetrical patch on the right side below my pec. I call it "Patchy". I also do not touch my leg hair.

Now for the good stuff. I trim the pubes. Usually just try to eye-ball the to be even. I will also try to trim the ass/taint. I find this really hard, so I have no idea how well I do. I take the razor to the shaft and base. Yes, if left unattended, my shaft will grow some hair for a couple inches. I think it is gross, and I know girls aren't a fan. So if I think action will be had, I try to take care of it a couple days in advance.

16. JGold

JGold
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've kept a short beard for about two years now, with a few stints of going clean-shaven. I trim it about once every week or week-and-a-half. At it's shortest, it's basically a glorified five o' clock shadow, and at its longest it's just the right length for me to scratch my chin thoughtfully and feel cool doing it.

My body is moderately hairy. I have chest hair and stomach hair, but it's not overpowering. I went through some phases in high school and early college where I was really self-conscious about it and shaved it, but c'mon, man. Most girls over the age of 16 love that shit. I can't recall a single girl who didn't like running her fingers through it after sex. The comment "I love your chest hair" is common. Yeah, I let them cuddle. I'm generous and shit.

As for my junk, I didn't know anyone DIDN'T trim. It's just common courtesy. Now I'm not shaving it bare or even taking it very close, I just use a beard trimmer (I have a separate one for this purpose) once every two months or so to clean it up. When it gets too long it's uncomfortable. And as someone mentioned, the shorter your pubes the bigger you look. Ha! Deception, bitches.

17. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No one's mentioned armpit hair yet? If you have long pit hair, please trim that shit.

My preferences depend on the guy... some look better with hair than without and vice versa.

If you shave your balls, taint, asscrack, whatever - remember that you have to keep shaving. Shaving clean only every once in a while will be harder than keeping it shaved. Also, go get some of this -
    [​IMG]

Walmart and lots of drugstores carry it or you can order it online. Get the gel if you can, it's better than the cream and put it on right after you shave. It makes you kinda numb and tingly and will keep you from getting ingrown hairs. Avoid razor burn by using a sharp (new) blade and a shave gel/cream and never ever use soap.

If you want to be waxed, do not under any circumstances try to do it yourself. Kick out some cash and let a professional do it. And don't put Nair or other chemical hair remover on your balls. Men's hair is more coarse and those chemicals will most likely give your skin a nice chemical burn before it does jack to your hair.

I've waxed several guys' arms and legs (one's a personal trainer and the other has large tattoos) and lots more backs and shoulders. I've also waxed a couple of asses (seriously, does anyone find the furry butt attractive?) and even had one client ask me if I did anal bleaching.

18. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If 'taint clean 'taint right.

Unless of course you're like Shegirl and enjoy starting your day off with a dingleberry bran muffin.

19. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would say I'm moderately hairy. While the number of active hair follicles I have is fairly low, the hair tends to grow longer and sits up. A lot of follicles tend to have two hairs (which makes ingrowns a bitch). So, I tend to have a 'fuzz' of hair on parts where I am hairy.

In the past I tried clippering my arms down to zero, which is a ton cooler in summer but looked stupid (unfortunately, not out of place where I live though) and was uncomfortable in the folds of my elbow when the hair regrew.

Nowadays, I'll occasionally run a light razor across the top of my back. The hair there is light, so it's more that I hate the feeling of it.

And I clip downstairs. Not religiously, but when needed, because I realise that a bald patch in the midst of otherwise hairy areas is just plain funny looking. I haven't rocked a full patch since my late teens, but it kinda looked like a jewfro. Think this but sparser (not NSFW, and this does not in any way resemble my penis.... it does not wear glasses - or a monocle, if you prefer ) :

[​IMG]

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I like to road bike (think: lance armstrong, minus the, well, everything), and road rash + hairy legs = hell. It's a functionality thing, and fortunately my wife doesn't care. So I shave -- technically, beard trimmer with no guard -- my legs when the weather is good for rides. The crashes are fortunately not all that frequent, but rare is the ride that I don't return with some kind of cut or scrape from something. I know it looks gay, but I'd rather take my licks for that than take my licks from itching scabs that won't heal.

A few months ago, I made the mistake of buzzing off my armpit hair. My flawed rational was based on functionality, thinking that deodorant would be more effective if it was closer to the skin. I was wrong. Very wrong. I paid the price with weeks of itching as the hair grew back in.

About six months ago, I also shaved my head. Technically, I rocked a mohawk for about a week, and then I cut it down. For years prior I had always "styled" my hair with gel and shit for work and I was tired of it. I was always fearful that I would have an ugly head, but surprisingly, it actually looks solid. I buzz it fairly regularly at a #1.

Face, chest, down there also get a fairly regular once-over with the buzzer, in descending order of frequency. Again, it's a matter of functionality. Hair, to me, is annoying, and I have a different tolerance in different places.