Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

I have to see this

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aetius, Jul 3, 2010.

1. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

This has always been one of my favorite trailers. It's fairly minimalist, especially as Disney trailers go. You understand what the basic plot is, and there's no voice-over narration by Disney Trailer Guy (Pat Morita's lines are spoken by his character in the movie). It doesn't give away the whole thing. Although there's comic relief in the film (the little dragon played by Eddie Murphy) none of that is evidenced here. The music, though temp-tracked, is well-selected - I believe it's Zimmer and Edelman. The selected scenes showcase the better aspects of the animation - the scene following the feet walking through the shrine is dynamic - one good example of how a little CGI support can enhance traditional 2D animation without ruining it.

#21 DrFrylock, Jul 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  2. Stealth

Stealth
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I feel that most movie trailers these days give away too much about the movie and kind of spoil the experience of seeing a good film.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Absolutely.

Some of my most enjoyable movie-going experiences were when I just showed up at the theater and saw a movie that I'd never heard of, or knew anything about.