Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

I fuckin' HATE that show!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dcc001, May 26, 2010.

1. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Seinfeld crappy? You people are way in the minority in that one.

I'm not sure how anyone has not addressed the crap that is reality TV.

The Real Housewives of anywhere, Keeping up with the Kardashians, anything that has Kendra in it, The Bachelor and Bachelorette

These shows have no-talent trash on it that makes me want to cut my wrist, put them in a toilet and flush. I would wash Two and Half men for forty straight hours before I watched one Real Housewives of Atlanta. (By the way Charlie Sheen is now making 2.5 million an episode)

The show I hate that everyone likes is without a doubt American Idol. Of course I laugh at the losers and bad singers, after that I tune out.

I am very proud to say that I have only seen three and a half minuets of Dancing With the Stars (all of that time was looking at Pamela Anderson)

ALT-FOCUS: What show do you watch that you know is probably pretty crappy? Your guilty pleasure? Mine would be Criminal Minds. I really dig Paget Brewster.

2. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Family Guy Ugh. I wish this show would have stayed cancelled. Not one single character on this show has one ounce of likability. Especially that awful baby. I once dated a boy who loved this show and had a big Stewie poster on his wall... I just couldn't do it. Dealbreaker right there.

3. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Are you sure it wasn't because he was 17 and his mother came home!?

Jennitalia you cradle robber you!

4. Dread

Dread
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Second. I don't know which specific show it is, but this:

"If there's a ghost or other intangible and invisible paranormal force in this poorly lit room, please give us a predetermined sign, such as this specific door opening or closing, and we will assure our audience that we had absolutely nothing to do with it."

That shit makes me cringe. Fucking stupid.

5. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The O'Reilly Factor. The only time it gets airplay in my house is when my father-in-law or brother-in-law come to visit. Unfortunately, we visit them more often.

Any of the home decorating/improvement shows. When my wife watches them, it usually means a new project around the house that is going to cost me money and do work I really have no interest in doing. After going through a phase of watching "Clean House," she reorganized just about everything in the house to the point she couldn't find most things anymore.

Any show with Regis Philbin, Bob Costas, Bobby Flay, and Oprah.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It really started out more focused on the comedy. Then they had season after season of shitty go nowhere story archs and the show has never really recovered. Ill still watch it because I invested so much time in it but it really isn't anything special anymore.

30 Rock- Because of some of the commentary here and a few friends that raved about it I checked it out. After seeing 4 or 5 episodes I think it is powerfully over rated. I respect that it's not a Two and a half men laugh track comedy but it also didn't copy the style of The Office like many new comedies have done. Besides that I thought the comedy is bland and the people that trip over themselves to fawn over Tina Fey are way off base thinking this show is anything but mediocre. While some of the cast can have their moments over all I have never been impressed with the show.

Scrubs It can be funny but most of the characters are huge fucking pussies and there is at least three storyline featuring emotional epiphanies each show. The show is fucking lame.

I think the overuse of The Office style bugs me more than any particular show. The breaking of the 4th wall was different and can sometimes be used effectively. The fact that now every joke or quip is followed by the actor making eye contact with the camera then there is a slight zoom or pan has really become the new laugh track in my mind. Then since one show was a hit now we have half a dozen or more where there are confessionals and people talking directly to the camera about certain plot points and jokes. It has gotten boring and repetitive.

7. Superfantastic

Superfantastic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For everyone bashing Seinfeld - to each their own, fair enough. I just wanna point out that George Carlin considered it one of the best shows, and if you guys don't get Larry David/Curb, you're REALLY missing out.

Having said that, if any of you also voted Family Guy in the greatest shows thread, I believe that's merit for having your comedy card revoked.

Family Guy is absolute shit. It's the laziest, hackiest writing of ANY comedy show on TV, cartoon or otherwise, and already doesn't stand the test of time. It gets all this credit for being edgy, but I've yet to see it push a single boundry that hasn't already been pushed or broken by Simpsons or South Park (or Drawn Together, or Duckman, etc...). Now keep in mind I'm a huge cartoon fan, and I still watch most of the episodes hoping it'll get better, but at this point, it's just depressing.

I get it's appeal though, that being a bunch of "one-liners" with no story or continuity, requiring zero audience effort or engagement, and that's fine (and I think it actually works in Robot Chicken), it's just aggravating when seeminly normal, comically-astute people credit it with being something special. It's the same feeling I get when someone I like says they love Nickelback. Gross.

What's really annoying is that Seth McFarlane seems like a very talented, legitimately funny mother fucker. Credit to him for getting filthy rich off a single comedy gimmick that most cartoons use sparingly as part of their arsenal, but god-fucking-dammit that show sucks balls.

8. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am an American, and I agree that Seinfeld blows. It's not funny, and I don't see how anyone can tolerate the 4 main characters for one episode, let alone a whole series.

My old roommates were obsessed with The Office. They tried to get me hooked on it so I ended up seeing quite a few episodes. The characters were one-dimensional and it felt like the same crap over again in every episode. No thanks.

9. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Seinfeld I don't have patience for but I don't loathe. I like the jokes and observations I just can't sit through 22 minutes of it. Then again I'm young enough aspects of Sienfeld that I might have appreciated are totally lost on me

I can't stand Two and a Half Men - There's just something I can't stand about every aspect of the dialogue and characterization in that show.

10. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll agree with this one for the most part. I don't really hate The Office, but I am pretty indifferent towards it. I just don't think its as funny as everyone makes it out to be. I think one reason may be that the "awkward comedy" that it uses quite a lot (similar to the style of "Meet the Parents", "Meet the Fockers", etc.) is something that I do not like at all. Steve Carell is usually pretty funny, but I can't hardly stand him in that show.

11. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Cleveland Show/American Dad. Same fucking thing. I have tried over and over again to get into these shows. I did like the first few seasons of Family Guy but it has gone downhill for me. Its not that they're bad. Just god awfully boring.

12. fishy

fishy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Not only does the content suck, but this show has the absolute WORST laugh track of all time. It's all I hear anymore.

..... Stupid joke....
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

It's awful. I have pointed this out to several people and have been told they are no longer able to stomach this show anymore.

Focus: Say Yes to the Dress - Since I'm a straight man, I'm supposed to hate this show, but what really gets me is that it's just a reminder of how much money will be thrown away on my upcoming wedding.

My Super Sweet 16. Teen Cribs. Not even gonna go into these abominations.

13. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Todlers and Tiaras

Really no explanation needed. It's fucking wrong to put seven year old girls in beauty contests. It's straight up retarded to put your infant in one. I don't care what justification you have.

Every parent on that show is a damn lunatic and deserves a slap with a wrecking ball.

14. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hating that show is like picking on a retarded kid. It can't help that it is the way that it is, it was just BORN that way.

I fucking HATE Wheel of Fortune. Dumbest goddamn game show ever, and this comes from someone who loves Family Feud.

You know how they do a trivia test to get on Jeopardy? Well I'm convinced they use the same test for Wheel of Fortune. The top percentile get on Jeopardy and they put the people with the worst scores on Wheel of Fortune. The 3 dumbest people in the room have to compete to see which one is the least dumb. Fuck you, Wheel of Fortune.

15. Thorgouge

Thorgouge
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet, but Deadliest Catch and all of those similar shitty fucking shows on Discovery are the biggest abominations I've ever had the misfortune of experiencing. Toward the end of the year in my marine biology class in high school my teacher decided to stop giving work and just show an entire season of Deadliest Catch. I don't understand how anyone can enjoy this fucking waste of time. Every episode is just the narrator reminding the viewer just how dangerous and deadly crab fishing really is and how at any moment the ship can overturn or someone can go overboard and die a horrible death. If you've seen one episode, you've seen them all; and at this point, you've probably committed suicide.

16. CaptainHook

CaptainHook
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I second 30 Rock.

My roommate raved that it was one of the funniest shows on television for a long time.

I've actually tried sitting through 2 or 3 episodes, and all of them were completely humorless. Not one laugh, not one good joke.

It's not that the "clever" humor goes over my head --- I get and understand every joke they make --- the jokes just SUCK.

I don't know what happened to Tina Fey because I was a big fan of Mean Girls. Anyway...

I think liking/ disliking 30 Rock is a good indicator of whether you understand comedy or not. If you like it, you don't know dick.

17. Benny

Benny
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Not One single mention of Jersey Shore?

18. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Two and a Half Men, Old Christine, Big Bang Theory, almost everything on CBS

The TV at work was stuck on CBS for a couple months. I wanted to lobotomize myself so that I could at least laugh along with the other half-wits. People were campaigning HARD for Jim Parsons to get the Emmy win. Why? We get it, his character is nerdy, smart, socially awkward. He's playing a caricature, not a character.

This network is the home-sweet-hell of abominations such as CSI, CSI:New York, CSI: Miami, NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles (really? Los Angeles rather than San Diego?) Criminal Minds, Cold Case, Ghost Whisperer, Medium, Mentalist, Numb3rs, and a partridge in a hateful pear tree. Holy goddamned soulless procedural overload.

Look, I watch a couple procedurals myself. Bones, House, Boston Legal before it died, Lie to Me. These shows have something in common that makes them watchable (for me) that the other dreck doesn't. They're character driven. The procedure stuff is fun, a lot of the time, but as a backdrop for the character story. Which, to be honest, means I should take the original NCIS out of the above list, but I just can't make myself.

And one of the best ways for me to cure insomnia is to try and watch a full episode of Any of the Law and Order variations.

19. hotwheelz

hotwheelz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Seconded. I have to watch this every night because of my brother. I hate it, there's nothing funny about it and Ernie deserves to be bludgeoned for being so unfunny. The only redeeming quality was the daughter, Masiela Lusha.

20. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't understand why this show is still on the air. I don't find it funny at all. Also, Charlie Sheen's naked legs make me uncomfortable. I wish they would stop putting him in shorts. He's has creepy stick legs and I'm afraid to watch him walk around.