Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

I eat cow shit and I've never had a cold

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hoju, Apr 10, 2011.

1. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have used it occasionally, to remove water from my ears after swimming. It is effective and gross, but I wouldn't suggest it as a cure all to all ear ailments.

2. Mild Sedative

Mild Sedative
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Superglue on small/deep slices like papercuts and kitchen knife injuries. I build plastic models, and one day i slashed my thumb with an x-acto knife pretty good, and i just grabbed the superglue and it sealed up real nice. I think its something to do with how porous your skin is and how fast it dries.

3. PewPewPow

PewPewPow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think there's some credence to the idea that you can sweat out toxins. When I'm only halfway hungover I usually drink two glasses of water and go for a four or five mile run, when I come back I feel immensely better. I have yet to try it on a morning when I feel like complete shit, I wonder if it'd have the same result.

4. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Increased water intake will increase the fluid that is being run through your system, and allows your kidneys to filter more of the alcohol out of your blood due to the increased (good) volume.

Running, and any exercise, increases your rate of metabolism.

You don't sweat out toxins. With your above method, you only allow your body to filter them out at a quicker rate.

5. Kels

Kels
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

The honey thing supposedly works because it introduces minute amounts of allergens in an atypical manner and the body's primary antibody response decreases over time as it acclimates to them and smaller amounts of antibodies against the allergen are produced, leading to reduced inflammation.
    Basically, it's a paced desensitization to the allergens.
    The principle is widely used in clinical allergen immunotherapy, but I haven't seen anything resembling a clinical trial on local honey.
    Of course, it definitely won't work if the allergen affecting you isn't in the honey.

If we're talking the common cold/flu, the only vitamin/mineral I've seen good evidence from clinical trails on is actually zinc, which does reduce the duration. Just avoid the nasal sprays because you can apparently permanently lose your sense of smell.