Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

I don't mean to complain but............

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dewercs, Feb 23, 2015.

1. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

From time to time we have liquor promotions at the bar, last year due to the lack of popularity of 3 Olives Vodka we had a special on 3 Olives bloody marys for $6. Around 5pm on a Sunday a few older ladies came in and ordered a few of them, at first they seemed to enjoy the drinks and the music that was playing but as they were finishing up there was a lot of looking in the glass and pointing so I knew there was some kind of issue, finally one of the ladies walks up to the bar and says, "I don't mean to complain but there was only one olive in our bloody marys and your sign clearly says 3 olive bloody marys."

Focus: Service industry people what ridiculous things do people complain about?

Alt Focus: What are some things from behind the scenes in the service industry that people might not know about?

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I worked at Hollywood Video when I was in high school. We had a program where customers could pay 25 dollars a month and rent up to 6 movies at any given time under that program. We had one couple come in and rent 6 new movies every couple days. It was quite clear that they were either spending all their waking hours watching TV or the more likely scenario that they were shamelessly bootlegging everything they rented. One time the woman came in and complained that she should be able to rent 10 movies at a time if she wanted since she was such a loyal customer. We explained that she could only do up to six, and any additional movie would cost the regular rental charge. She went ballistic, threatening to sue, threatening to call the police, and all sorts of shit.

After a few months the company realized that the program was a terrible business model and canceled it. Unfortunately it was not a day too soon as Hollywood Video, like Blockbuster, is now dead.

3. Luke 217

Luke 217
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Focus: Canadians

Only servers will get this joke.