Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

I can stop any time I want to...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thorgouge, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Pink Candy

Pink Candy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I went through a three month period of buying Nutella every few days. I didn't even bother putting it on toast or in crepes - I just ate the hazelnut goodness straight out of the jar with a spoon. Toward the end of this madness I had a can of Reddi Whip and realized how far out of control I had gotten when the husband caught me hiding in the basement alternating between spoonfuls of Nutella and spraying Reddi Whip into my mouth. This is not a joke, I was actually fucking hiding from him so I wouldn't have to share.

I'm reminded of this humiliation when I pass the grocery aisle containing my poison.

2. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pretty much, anything that's bad for me. Active ones are cigarettes and coffee, but I start acupuncture next week to stop smoking and I'm not giving up coffee. I nixed sugar/processed foods again last week and feel better already. That shit is like heroin to me--one soda and I'm craving all sorts of sugary foods.

3. TJMax

TJMax
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm not addicted to Mountain Dew. Like the thread title says, I can stop any time I want to. Control's the important part, I don't consider myself an addict, I just want a taste, I'll slow down tomorrow, yeah I've considered going to meetings, where's my Mountain Dew OH GOD I NEED IT NOW! (whimper)

4. jakeblues

jakeblues
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

For all of you that complain about how loud the Sun Chips bags are: I work for Frito-Lay, I have to deal with them all day every day. The regular bags are noisy enough when you handle them and these are 100x worse. People never fail to try and talk to me when I'm stocking them. All I hear is CRINKLECRINKLECRINKLEwhataislearedonutsinCRINKLECRINKLECRINKLE.

We have been assured that they will get "quieter" sometime late this year. Meh, I still have a job and it's really not all that hard.

5. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Arrowroot cookies. God help me, they're my crack. Not the banana flavour - only the original ones. Preferably dunked in ice cold milk, or a hot cup of tea, until the cookie is almost mushy enough to fall into the cup. Then suck off the mushy cookie bits, and repeat with whatever solid cookie remains.

6. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Skittles! Oh my good lord, I have literally crushed a five pound bag of these in one sitting before. The flavor doesn't really matter because all of them are good. Although the crazy cores are making their way to the top of my late night sugar fix list. It is so bad that I have actually taken quite a stern tone with my two year old boys for even looking like their thinking about touching dads candy. (I say it's because they could choke, but their eyes tell me they know it's a lie.)

And Chipotle. I only eat there twice a week because it's just so convenient. I haven't even had a dream about a steak burrito bol with guac in at least three days. I don't need it. I just like it!

7. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There's got to be some editing process in your brain that says, "Holy God! Did I just say that?" and makes you go outside. Right?

Focus: Gum. I have periods of remission but when I gets chewing, I gets chewing. Common practice is to spit out the old gum, pop in the new. You know something's wrong when your jaw starts hurting.

8. Omegaham

Omegaham
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Altoids.

They sell peppermint Altoids for a dollar fifty each. I'll buy two of them a day at lunchtime, and easily down all of them by 4:00. My brain seems to think that "moderation" means "suck on peppermint oil until you get frostbite whenever you drink water."

Whatever, it keeps me awake in class.

Another one is Twix. I can't stop. Caramel, chocolate, and cookie. It's like a Kit-Kat but with caramel added. If my friends don't stop me, I'll easily go through ten packages of the things in a day. It's basically the nutritional equivalent of smoking crack. One of my friends ended up snatching one out of my hand and stuffed it into his mouth, and I literally saw red and lunged at him before I stopped myself. I stay away from the things now.

9. KMD

KMD
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Japanese Party Snacks

You know those rice cracker things with the seaweed wrap and the teriyaki sauce and all that rot? I destroy those things, completely and utterly. It's a good thing I haven't found a place that sells them where I live yet, I don't think I can kick the habit again.

I used to go through gum, M&Ms, caramel, Riesens, Jolt Cola, Arizona Arnold Palmers, Sweet and Sour packets from Chinese restaurants, and Italian bread. It's a good thing I'm poor now, or I'd be huge.

10. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    No, there isn't. I have pretty horrendous and untreatable allergies (untreatable due to the asthma medication I use, because it's the only one that works and is known for fucking with allergy tests). Also, I have very fair skin and start to burn within minutes of going outside.

I'm more comfortable in my own bed than somewhere else. I'm not the best sleeper at the best of times.

11. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Red Bull

There's a reason they can charge $4 for a can.

It tastes better and is more effective than coffee.

12. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Usually I am far too lazy to get addicted to things, but by God, I cannot for the life of me ever eat another dark chocolate Raisinet. It turns into a sordid spiral of empty boxes and broken dreams.

13. Macgruber

Macgruber
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Co-Op Gold Chocolate Explosion Ice Cream.

I tried finding a picture of it, but could not find one online. I also get it from a corner market by my house, which probably means it's not a widely-distributed brand of ice cream. It is, however, the best ice cream I've ever had in my entire life. I have devoured the entire 1.5 litre bucket multiple times because my original bowl just wasn't enough. My room mate stumbled on it one day by accident, and I regularly tell him that was the high point of his life.

14. Eastcoaster

Eastcoaster
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Chewy Chips Ahoy. And they're practically bite sized. How can you NOT eat the whole box, right?

15. Beer Me

Beer Me
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Old Dutch Ketchup chips, anyone from Western Canada will know what I'm talking about. I can be fine with eating two-three chips but then that faux-ketchupy taste lingers into my body and I have to have more, and before I know it, I already ate half the bag.

[​IMG]

PS: They're available in some parts of the US Midwest now too.

16. Nohik

Nohik
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

This is just sad. Why are you sitting in your room playing CM4 if you could be playing FM 2010, FML and there will be FM 2011 launched in a couple of months. Far superior products.

Civilization, Football Manager and Eve Online are my crack. I have skipped gym, ignored my girlfriend, got up earlier than i would have on my days off just to play. My last Football Manager save had over 7 days worth of playing time on it. I´m not going to play again until the next one comes out and I will definitely have at least 10 days worth of playing time on one of the saves.

I live on an Island where the sun is shining and girls are wearing miniskirts and bikini tops every day of the year yet I still spend uncountable hours on my laptop and 360.

17. MateFeedKillRepeat

MateFeedKillRepeat
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Garlic Roasted triscuits. These mother fuckers are the bane of my existence, girlfriend went shopping and picked up a box? You better believe I'm eating the entire box in one sitting. By the time I get to the bottom of the box I don't even enjoy them anymore. The roof of my mouth is chafed all to shit from the sandpaper texture and my throat is dryer then the Sahara, but I can't stop till they are all gone. The girl hates when I do it, but I just stare at her hopelessly while my hand jams another one into my face and I repeat the same mechanical chewing motion over and over.

Fuck.

18. thatone

thatone
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Deli meats - mortadella, ham, salami, pancetta, coppa and pruscuitto? All in the same sandwich, with provolone, saracino and bocconcini cheese? Fefferoni & ajvar?

Ambrosia.

Sometimes I will wake up in the morning and make three of these bad boys for breakfast. I wish I never tried it but just recently I have had to pull the pin on my deli addiction because I am scared of the consequences on my long-term health.

Just thinking about it now has me rather hungry. Fuck.