Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

I can stop any time I want to...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thorgouge, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Thorgouge

Thorgouge
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

As I am sitting here, reading through the forums, I am stuffing my fucking face with Sun Chips. Up until a few weeks ago, I've never particularly liked them; your throat feels like you ate broken glass and gravel afterward. One fateful day, however, I decide to try them out again seeing as nobody likes to go food shopping and my choices were Sun Chips or my own feces. I grab the bag which, by the way, is now made of a material that is "100% compostable" and makes a crinkle 50x louder than a jet engine just by breathing next to it. Anyway, I ate them with no complaints and that was that. Two days later, I get an overwhelming urge to consume an entire bag of the chips with a texture similar to Ray Liotta's face. Now, whenever I'm sitting on the computer or watching TV, I always have a bag with me even if I'm not hungry. I've been going through at least three bags a week.

While I read the forums and typed this up, I went through over half a bag's worth of sandpaper chips. I know they aren't that good for you, and they don't even taste as good as my favorite junk foods, yet I just can't fucking stop devouring these fucking chips.

FOCUS: What are you inexplicably addicted to? Can't stop stuffing your fat face with Funions? Has your unconditional love for cocaine led to you selling your children on the black market? Can't resist cheap hookers even after getting herpes and The Clap?

Alt. Focus: Discuss how fucking loud the new Sun Chip bags are. Fuck the environment, if I keep eating these chips I'm going to have to learn sign language before I turn 30.

2. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

CrinklecrinklecrinkleBUMPcrinklecrinkle...

3. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thank God I'm over it now, but about a year ago I was legitimately addicted to Propel fitness water. I had to have at least 2 a day or I would get the shakes.

I don't even buy the stuff anymore because I'm convinced 1 bottle of it would toss me back off the wagon.

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

While watching TV at night, I'll eat a bowl, and refill, of low fat Cheez Its until I am disgusted and look over at the 6 or 7 that are left. Then, eventually, I eat those too. This cannot be done with the sexually-named but inferior Cheese Nips, as they are too greasy.

Also, unless you have actually opened and inserted your hand into the new Sun Chips bag, you have no idea what the OP is talking about. That shit is stupid loud. Like, I think OSHA is going to start requiring they include earplugs with every bag.

I almost went pro as an evening snacker. After eating damn near a whole box of Chicken in a Biskit, I just about had to seek counseling.

5. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ritz Crackers or any of their sandwich variants. I can never just have one or two. If I open a pack, that pack is done. Just the crackers and drinking water. Nothing else, no cheese, meat or peanut butter. Unless they are those mini Ritz ones they already make. Like crack cocaine. I only buy them once or twice a month.

6. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Gushers are seriously like a food group for me. I feel separation anxiety if I don't have any in my house. Other fruit snacks are good, but nothing even comes close to Gushers.

And as if eating chips wasn't a loud enough activity, Sun Chips had to go an make it even louder. Now they're still at least in my top 5 kinds of chips, but that bag bumped them down a couple notches for sure.

7. hamshackler

hamshackler
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Focus: I absolutely love chocolate, and more specifically M&M's. At night when i'm watching tv or surfing the web i'll fill a cup with M&M's and go to town. The worst part is, when i'm done with the cup and still not tired, I'll just go ahead and fill it up again, essentially ruining all the time i had spent in the gym earlier in the day.

Alt. Focus When I first saw a 100% decomposable bag, I thought to myself "Oh how wonderful, even SunChips is going green." Then as I picked up the bag, I realized it was the absolute worst invention ever. As stated in the OP, it really is the approximate volume of a jet engine. The crinkle of chip bags has always been one of the most annoying noises, and this new decomposable bag makes it at least 10x more annoying. Hopefully the terrible crinkle sound will cause people to eat less chips and the obesity rate in America will drop....either that or I'll just go deaf from these bags.

8. thevoice

thevoice
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Tim Horton's coffee.

I'll have at least one large coffee per day with one cream and one sugar. I've touched in this before, but I drink coffee more for the 'warm hug' in the morning, and less for the caffeine effect. Regardless, my work day is not complete without one.

If I sleep in, and am unable to hit-up the drive-through before work - I will hustle my ass off between 6 and 7 AM so that I can quickly drive to TH and grab a coffee before my 7:30 cast.

9. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My day is not complete without a brief mental reassurance that I will one day crush all those who have wronged me beneath the heel of my boot.

"Is he kidding?" You decide.

I just got my fix for the day.

10. seelivemusic

seelivemusic
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I had a Redbull addiction for a few months last fall. I'd drink two or three 16oz cans a day in addition to four cups of coffee and then wonder why I had trouble sleeping. Even though I'm very familiar with addiction I increased my daily consumption & I had to wean myself off them.

Now I'm in Redbull recovery, taurine no longer rules my day.

11. AbsentMindedProf

AbsentMindedProf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oreos, how has no one mentioned oreos yet? Give me a glass of milk, and I can easily go through a whole row. Thankfully I have pretty strong will power, or I'm sure I would've eaten a whole package in one sitting at least once.

12. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Chocolate. It doesn't matter what kind, and it's becoming a serious problem for me.

My friend discovered my love of kitkats and sent me a box of 36. Then, I made a huge purchase at Staples and needed to round my order off to receive an additional $10 store credit + free shipping, so I bought about 5 bags of Riesen chocolates. I've plowed through the kitkats and am 2 bags into the chocolate.

....and I'm not overweight. Luck of the 21 year old metabolism, I guess.

13. Muley05

Muley05
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Diet soda.

I drink one can before leaving for work, usually a Coke Zero or Diet Dr Pepper. On the way to work, I get a 44oz Diet Mountain Dew that is gone before lunch. Usually drink more with lunch, but not always. And then almost always refill the 44oz cup with Diet Dr Pepper or Coke Zero in the afternoon.

I also drink at least 64oz of water during work, and then at least that much more water at home after work.

14. Viking33

Viking33
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

One row? I have a habit of crushing a pack at a time. Two cookies in hand, dunk till fingertips are wet and wait until the cookie gives a little. Then eat and repeat. A legitimate oralgasm.

15. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

Strepsils. Both times I was told to use them by my doctor, I was hooked on them for about a month. At the peak of my addiction I'd go through a box every day. Last time, I would keep buying the ones with the anesthetic so by the end of the addiction I couldn't feel my mouth or taste anything all day.

Oh, and for obvious reasons, Jello. Ridiculous amounts of Jello.

16. Mexicutioner

Mexicutioner
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I weigh 150 pounds 5'9" yet eat like a 300 pound fat fuck and can never put on weight.

I take advantage of that by being a massive stoner who eats a lot of munchies.

My main weaknesses:
    -Cheez-Its as previously said. I have killed a whole box many a times.
    -Sun Chips as said. But only Harvest Cheddar. And yes, fuck those new bags. I was ringing up some girl one day who bought them and asked her if she left the chips in her cupboard for four years or whatever, would the bag disappear and leave just a pile of chips? I was kidding obviously but she thought I was being serious and treated me like I was retarded.
    -Simply Apple Juice. Holy fuck. I was routinely killing a whole large jug of these a day. I was even bringing them with me to class and just annihilating them. Easily the best juice ever. When they were 2/$4 at Safeway I bought 20 once. When they are $4-$5, I stay away.
    -Peanut Butter filled Pretzels. Holy FUCK. If I am drinking beer, this is the preferred snack of choice. It's like a peanut butter filled explosion in your mouth. The pretzelness just enhances it. Some people tell me they can't eat them because it combines the two driest foods in the world together and gives them cotton mouth. Beer for the win.

17. Lowest

Lowest
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Skirting the Line: How about predictably, explicably addicted to chewing tobacco and modafinil (Provigil/Nuvigil)? The second one is only an occasional item. You have to love this:

Yup, that's what my life has come down to these days.

Alt. Focus Those Sun Chip bags are ridiculous. In protest, I'm eating Jack Links beef jerky in a plastic bag. Also, apparently everyone but me in my family is addicted to Trader Joe's Almond Butter. My wife and daughter eat it straight out of the jar.

18. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

There is nothing inexplicable about it- I will eat chips and salsa every single meal of the week if I can. Any brand of tortilla chips will do (although I'm loving the jalepeno flavored Tostitos scoops), but the salsa has to be either fresh or restaurant style- no Goddamn Pace or Tostitos bullshit. And the good thing is that the salsa is actually a very healthy snack, if you can limit the amount of chips.

Man, it almost makes me wonder if that's the reason I'm kinda dating a Mexican girl...

A distant second would be breaded chicken wings. I just wish it wouldn't make me a douchebag to hang out at Hooters, because theirs are amazing.

19. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

It's probably a good thing that I can't find these in any stores anymore, because I used to devour them like it was keeping me alive. I would probably eat a bag of these a day and would be a fucking fat piece of shit if I could still buy them at the nearest store.

Man, I'm jonesing for a bag of those now just thinking about it.

EDIT:
    [​IMG]

Fuck you Lays!!

20. Harry Coolahan

Harry Coolahan
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

When I was weightlifting, I was addicted to whole milk. I could not feel full unless I drank several cups of milk with whatever meal I had. I could eat 1.5 lbs of steak and still feel like something was missing from my meal.

The worst was after working out, I would drink a full gallon of whole milk in about 2 hours with my post-workout meal (which usually was a pound of meat plus veggies/pasta).