Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Hypocrisize much?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nettdata, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This, I drink fairly often and as I mentioned earlier my OWI happened when I was at 0.17ish. .2 is hammered unless you drink heavily every day. I'm probably a 4-6 day a week kind of guy but my tolerance is not such that I can drive/function normally above (and this is a guess) .1? Others may be able to deal with a higher percentage but for me that's about it. Am I coherent slightly above that? Maybe and maybe I'm just a lush and think I am but I can say from experience, for me, at .15 I'm fucked up and cannot drive well.

Side note, in talking to my probation officer, I learned that there was a woman who was there right before my appointment who was coherent but rocking from side to side that she decided to test out of curiosity. She blew a .2 something at her probabtion meeting. Yes our tolerance makes a huge difference but that, to me is way beyond what I can conprehend or deal with. Others cleary can.

2. hoju

hoju
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

3. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

At my last job one of our old supervisors use to crack down on people for abusing sick days (to be fair, we all were abusing them, it's the nature of the job), but she had to use at least 35 a year on average. It was ridiculous, she would take full weeks off sick and then pull people in what we called 'the yell at room' and bitch them out for using 3 days before March... after she used 7 in February alone.

I've said several times before that I don't condone drunk driving, but let's not pretend the laws in place are anything other than a witch hunt. Not that I've ever tried, but I guarantee you I could drive better after a 12 pack than my grandfather could sober on his best day, but I do that and I'm thrown in jail, he gets a pass for being elderly. Until old people are tested regularly for driving skills (obviously this will never happen since they all vote) the entire system surrounding drunk driving laws are hypocritical.

4. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    No. The laws don't change out in the country, and the Sheriff's Deputies out here are bored as shit at night and would love nothing more than to arrest you for a DUI.

I'll never forget the night in high school when I was at a party on a lake shore in the middle of nowhere. Both of the Sheriff's sons were there when the party got busted by every deputy on duty. A bunch of kids got minor consumption tickets while the two boys were loaded up in a squad car and hauled home. They didn't get tickets, but boy were they grounded. Fucking bullshit.
    I ran my ass off and got away scott free.