Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

HUNG

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Mike Ness, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thought we had a thread for this but I couldn't find it. I enjoy this show, for it's originality if nothing else. Thomas Jane was cast perfectly for this role, he absolutely looks and acts like a has been jock.

I was a little disappointed the way season one ended with him possibly being set up with his ex wife, I thought that a little cheap and desperate for the first season.

His pimp annoys me a little, but this show ranks very high on the nudity chart and of course it's on after True Blood and before Entourage meaning I will always watch it.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I, too, thought we had a thread for this somewhere, but can't seem to find it... maybe it was just mentioned in the "suggest a show" thread.

Anyway, just finished downloading the Season 2 premiere, and will be watching it sometime today.

I thought it was an interesting show in season 1, but am not quite sure where they could take it. So far, it's one of those shows that I'm on the fence about... don't hate it, but don't love it, will watch it when it comes around, but don't HAVE to watch it the second it comes out like Breaking Bad or Dexter or Burn Notice.

3. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I still can't believe that a couple as good looking as Thomas Jane and Ann Heche could have kids that ugly, sheesh. The fat girl demonstration at the gym was great, but the show is starting to almost be ruined by his pimp. I'm really having trouble with that character she annoys the crap out of me.

4. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hahah, hilarious that I had the exact same discussion with my friend watching last night. How does an ex jock still in good shape and a thin wife have two children that look like rejects from a bad Disney movie? Was Jabba the Hut a sperm donor?

Also, Tanya is horrifically annoying. And that is a problem with the writing of this show as I am reasonably sure she is supposed to be a sympathetic character we are supposed to be endeared to when I just hate her to know end and would rather have the attractive red head cavort around, and preferably get naked more as well.

5. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's the thing is it the writing or the actress who plays Tanya?

6. Superfantastic

Superfantastic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Last episode was my favourite of the series. I like how they're sort of dragging things out, and subtly moving things along, even though nothing major happens in any given episode. It's really drawing me in and I'm caring more and more about the characters.

At this point, I'm under the impression that the ONLY sympathetic/endearing character is Ray, and maaaaybe Ronnie, though he obviously matters less. Everyone else seems to be some sort degree/combination of selfish, vapid, greedy or in one way or another, narcissistic. Ray is the only one doing this for something other than the money -- his kids (both the sports teams and his Twin Trolls).

Speaking of the two-headed monster, I really like how we still don't know what's up with them. Like, she's obviously fat, and he's either gay or incestuous (and fat), but I like how their 'deal' hasn't been fully explained yet. I laughed hard when Jessica had to separate them when he hugged her too long. This show is really growing on me.

7. Superfantastic

Superfantastic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't have much to add, other than I'm surprised this show's thread is getting so little attention. I'm more impressed with each episode, and I love how steadily it's moving along. Not a lot of major twists or turns, but each episode is interesting, and it's easy to empathize with each character.

Oh, and the happy birthday scene was hilarious.

8. Dread

Dread
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Tanya is the low point of the show for me and I'm always rooting against her. Wife™ and I were drinking and watching an episode 2 or 3 weeks ago and we spent the whole half-hour just tearing Tanya down. It was fun.

9. bean

bean
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Finally! A somewhat redeeming episode. Not just because Lenore had like a whole minute of full frontal either (I swear). Then of course Tanya had to spend about ten minutes being a total buzz kill of course. Pretty much ruined the whole episode until right towards the end. Definitely some great lines regarding a Cormac McCarthy book. That and the whole "I like myself with hookers" lines was gold.

Lenore: "I would hunt them down and rip them limb from limb...so that everybody would think twice before they crossed me."

10. Dread

Dread
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Just got around to watching the latest episode. Tanya is officially my least favorite character on any show that I currently watch. Fuck... She's worse than Michael Scott.

Like... OK. Spoiler tags for those who have yet to watch the episode.

Frances tells Tanya that Mike asked her for money. Instead of Tanya having a slightly redeeming moment, apologizing and then bringing it up with Ray later, she tells Frances to write her a cheque.

If I'm supposed to feel sympathy for Tanya, it ain't gonna happen. I want to see her get hit by a bus. Twice.