Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Huh, I didn't know that

Discussion in 'All-Star Threads' started by McDermott, Nov 18, 2009.

1. dan ruckus

dan ruckus
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I own the record for the worst case of poison ivy in Central New York.

My senior year of high school I contracted it about the same time as school was starting and it just didn't go away for some reason. It was later determined that I had an allergic reaction to some cream I was using but at no point did it register to me that this was something that would need to be taken to the emergency room for.

It eventually spread from a few fingers on my right hand to all fingers on both hands but even then I just started to put band aids on it to cover it up. I've had poison ivy so much that it usually does just go away after long enough, but not this time. 2 months went by with my flesh just kinda rotting off and I could barely flex my fingers anymore, coupled with playing hockey and my job as a dishwasher, that's right I was still washing dishes at a diner with those zombie fingers, and finally my mom noticed something was wrong and flipped the fuck out.

I was immediately taken to the emergency room and was eventually treated with steroids, antibiotics, and several different magical creams. It took over an hour of convincing them that it was indeed poison ivy, and not some flesh eating cancer bacteria that I would need to be quarantined for. After several tests they came back absolutely stunned that I was telling the truth. They started taking pictures and video and made me sign a release allowing them to show the footage to future medical students as new proof of how bad poison ivy can really get.

Looking back yeah I was a fucking idiot. Nothing more, nothing less. It took until March for my hands to be completely healed from that fiasco. Almost 8 months of poison ivy hands. Effed up. The one good thing is that I wrote a song about it and it became the most popular song played on my campus radio station for the semester it played.

"Don't touch Dan, he's got zombie hands
    You don't want to catch it, if you can
    And if you don't get it, if you don't understand
    Just don't touch Dan with his zombie hands"

2. breakylegg

breakylegg
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I go through phases in my life where I take showers in my sleep. Am I in one now? Don't know, I live alone.

3. cllrbone11

cllrbone11
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

My was born and raised in Peru and I've gone back there more times than I can count. I do not speak Spanish as well as one would expect.
    I sell tins of dip out of my dorm room at school. I don't dip.
    I thought I loved it here at school but now I'm not so sure.

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was raised in a family that didn't give a damn about sports. It wasn't until maybe three years ago I started watching football regularly. Not having years of indoctrination like all of my friends I have only a weak, and sometimes embarrassing, grasp on most of the technical aspects of major sports. I can not for the life of me keep up with the stats that are involved with sports.

I was born without the muscle in your stomach that keeps the food from coming back up your throat. For several months I couldn't be fed regularly and my family thought I was going to die. I had a tube inserted in my stomach for feeding and I finally had a operation to sew my stomach tighter to fix the problem. I have two decent size scars on my stomach from this.

5. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am the most jaded romantic you will ever meet.
    If you include my two years at Mizzou, I have attended over 15 schools from grade school through college.
    I love crappy romantic comedies.
    In the past decade I have cried twice. Once when I lost a wrestling match, and once this year when my grandmother died.
    Including step siblings, I am one of eight children.
    I was statutorally raped my first time. I was dating my oldest step sister.

6. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus: I have developed Confusion Headaches from things I've read on the Internet.

7. Tope

Tope
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I was born on Christmas Day during the Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson. I was originally supposed to be named after a Mexican soap opera actor. I am Mexican-American and I can't speak Spanish as well as others would expect me to. Now that I think about it, in High School that was my weakest class. And I was making A's in English.

I was in the High School Marching Band, I played in the drum-line as a bass drummer for 3 years. Sophomore year, during a competition I slipped, pushed the bass drum off me, fell on my ass and quickly got up. I remember one other school laughing at my act from the stands, they got the worst rating that night.

In the 2nd grade I called my teacher a bastard without knowing exactly what it meant.

I once went an entire week without talking to anyone at all.

My next door neighbor was born the day after me.

I have never been hospitalized, or have broken a bone.

8. nate84405

nate84405
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I was on high school drumline in 8th grade

I used to play paintball in the nppl (national proffesional paintball league)

I jumped a car over a 60 foot ravine, imploded the L4 vertebre in my back, broke my heel in 15 places. Was able to roll over, with the broken back and push the passenger door open to get my girlfriend out of the car. After all that and 3 months of recovery I can walk and kinda bend over, im lucky as hell

9. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    We really need the old rep point system back.

Focus:
    I used to race snowmobiles, rode motocross for a few years, and regularly ride my sportbike on a road racing course, but I have never once broken a bone (knock on wood).

I have an IQ of 156, but I almost didn't graduate high school. Much like Dmix3, I barely did any homework and never took notes. The only thing that saved me was my excellent test scores.

10. oswald999

oswald999
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Same here. Seems like this is a common trait among the Idiot Board.

I can hold my breath for a long time. I've timed 2:30 before, but I stopped because I was on watch and I didn't want to pass out.

11. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have three black belts, the highest being a 3rd degree.
    I'm a nationally accredited sports coach.
    I've boxed in what may be the last travelling boxing tent in the world.
    I played bass in a band that turned down the offer of a weekly residency at a club, because we had four lawyers in the group and couldn't decide on terms.
    I'm a recognised authority on consumer credit law and have taken part in government consultative committees and spoken on the subject.
    I applied for Mensa because I was bored and scored in the 99th percentile in both exams, then quit because they were nerds AND lame.
    I'm a freemason.

I did all the above with (only recently diagnosed) chronic fatigue syndrome.

12. Hogie

Hogie
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I enjoy making soap from scratch.

Straight(I'm assuming) guys fairly often tell me I'm good looking, I should be a model, I should be an actor, etc. And girls seem to avoid me like the plague, it's very confusing/frustrating.

13. Crazy Wolf

Crazy Wolf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm a history nerd, in particular military history. I've never broken a bone in my body.
    My 4th grade teacher was, frankly, a real bitch, and sent me to get tested for mental retardation at the local university's center. Test results from that proved quite the opposite, and I got to take courses at CSU Sacramento over the summer a few years before my other classmates could. I went into 5th grade speaking Latin.
    After a Latin teacher in high school made me realize the language died for a reason, I switched over to German. After I felt I had the basics of German down, I tried Arabic. That didn't go so well, so I tried Mandarin. That seems to be going OK. My college offers solely Spanish.

Probably the longest time I've been on national television has been cut down to a few minutes, it was the Sacramento Final for the National Vocab Championships in 2007, IIRC. Goddamn poets and their usage of "foot". Who watches Game Show Network?

Almost never do homework, almost never took notes, but so far have passed classes and done pretty decently, although not as well as I would have liked.

14. Diogenes The Cynic

Diogenes The Cynic
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I am a Haredi (Right-wing Orthodox Jewish) man, and I live in a very religious community.

I grew up on 3 continents.

I hate ketchup with a passion.

My main hobby is weightlifting.

15. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

I think I have a disease of some kind (maybe mild autism?) that leaves me nearly incapable of natural human relationships. While my "social circle" is normal I don't relate to anyone I know on a deep personal level. I have gotten into relationships but they have all ended due to my inability to display or have any affection. I have no idea what loving another person entails. There are 4-5 people who consider me to be their absolute best friend...but, though I try, I don't care about these people at all. Though I go out 2-3 nights a week, it is always at the coaxing of friends. I'm always trying to make up excuses to sit home and read and listen to music instead. Maybe I should see a therapist.

Though I have been unable to love people, I have an intense passion for two things: music and science. I'm obsessed with knowing everything about everything and you will never find a more immaculately organized music collection especially considering how massive it is. It would take me several pages to describe the process that it takes to go from hearing about an artist to having them enter my library. I once described the whole thing to one of my "best friends" and she thought I was bullshitting until I showed her.

Basically, I'm kinda nuts...just like the rest of you.

edit: and big tits. I fucking love big tits.

16. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I graduated in the top 2% of my high school class of ~600 kids because I was smart and (gasp) DID MY HOMEWORK.

There. Now that that's off my chest...

My mother teaches classical Indian song and dance; my name means "Lord of Dance" in Sanskrit. I've been singing pretty much all my life. I'm now involved in collegiate a cappella, and my dream is to be a recording artist. I have trouble actually saying this out loud; this is probably why I'm studying International Politics.

I have a twin brother. People ask us if we're close; the truth is I have no idea.

17. flacco

flacco
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I used to represent my state in under 18s cricket and once in swimming, however got my ass handed to me in swimming at this level through so I never went on to the next level. In cricket I was alright nothing spectacular but my best figures for 2/37 which I am proud of.

It took me until I was 20 to get my provisional license due to me just being to lazy to go for the test. You can go for this level when your 17 and can be on your full license when you are 20.

I was hit by a car when I was on my bike when I was younger, I did not break any bones for which I am so grateful for when I read stories of other people who are not so lucky

I am currently studying IT in university and have joined the army reserves and will transfer to the regular army when I graduate

18. VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was born cross-eyed and had to undergo several surgeries to fix the problem. After the surgeries I had to wear an eye patch between the ages of 3 and 7 in order to have any vision at all in my left eye. When I need to focus on something, my left eye shuts off like a switch. I am still a good shot with a shotgun.

19. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, well, my penis is made of solid platinum. So I win. I WIN.

20. lerch

lerch
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I'm 6 feet and 9 inches tall, im only assuming that makes me the tallest person on this board.