Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

How'd you get that 'do?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Frank, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Muley05

Muley05
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I've never had long hair. When I was a little kid, my dad buzzed my hair every couple of weeks. In high school, I got it cut every couple of weeks using a one guard on the sides and then short scissor cut up top.

After college, I would get my hair cut every 10 days or so. I got tired of going all the time so I started using clippers on it myself. I was starting to go bald anyway, so this made it easy on me.

Then about five years ago I was Shrek for halloween and shaved my head with a razor. I have been using a razor ever since, usually shaving my head 2-3 times a week. I thought it was cheaper but razors are fucking expensive.

2. Trickysista

Trickysista
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I cut my boyfriend's hair twice an average of twice a month. He likes a fade, starting with a 1 and then usually a 4 or 5 on top. He's extremely picky about how long his hair gets on top because he apparently thinks he has a cowlick. When I first met him, he shaved his head every 2 weeks, but I told him I like something to run my fingers through.

He also doesn't understand why I need to get my ends trimmed every 6 weeks. Because it grows faster if you get the dead ends trimmed off, duuuhhh!!!

3. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That raises a question I've wondered about. I switched to an electric shaver for my face so I wouldn't have to keep buying blades. Anyone have any experience using an electric shaver to keep their head bald as well? As in, super bald, not clipper cut with a 1 or 0 bald.

4. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would just like to put in that getting your hair cut on a regular basis salon-style is not gay, it's awesome. I don't see when being pampered went from being badass to being gay.

That said, the only hair I find unattractive is dirty unkempt hair. If you're not going to take care of yourself, buzz/shave your head, because that is way sexier than a rat's nest.

5. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would have hair like the Bride of Frankenstein if I grew it out, so its kept pretty short and get's cut about every six weeks. I go to a real barbershop run by an Italian father/son duo, Playboy magazines in the waiting area, neck hair and the hair line around the ears cleaned up with a straight razor. $10 + tip.

6. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you consider getting your haircut at a salon to be getting pampered then you may fail an aids test.

To a guy being pampered is receiving a BJ while watching sports and sipping on their drink of choice.

7. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    That guy should be booted in the kidneys every time he says that.

I started balding at around 22-23, and much like scootah, I went through a few stages of denial.
    Now I shave it about twice a week. Most women seem to like it.

8. Rumble

Rumble
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I used to be pretty lazy when it came to getting haircuts. After 4 weeks I'd realize that my hair looked like crap then after another 2 weeks I'd finally drag my ass in a barber's chair to finally get cleaned up.

Now I can't go longer than 3 weeks before I get a haircut (2 weeks being optimal). My current hairstyle is kind of hard to describe but I'd call it something like a short pompadour. it's really short on the sides/back then fades a little longer to the top and then the top gets pretty long and then it's greased back and up, if that makes any sense at all. Sometimes I part it on the side and over for more of a 50's business man look.

The only downside to getting my hair cut every 2 weeks is that I put Murrays' in my hair and that shit takes a solid week to wash out so I'm pretty much on a 1 week on/1 week off schedule and have to put different (expensive) product in my hair. I couldn't bring myself to let a chick cut my hair with that shit in it again...

9. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In highschool I had shoulder length hair, because that was as long as boys were allowed to grow it at my highschool.
    For the last ten years or so I had my hair in a combination Charlie Sheen/Trent Reznor cut (straight hair, parted in the middle, falling anywhere from just above my eyebrows when I'd get it cut to my cheekbones as it grows out). It's simple and seems to suit me.
    HOWEVER, the, uh, "resort" that I spent the last 6 and a half months at didn't allow inmates, er, I mean guests to have hair longer than 2 inches. So the first day I got there, I shaved my head for the first time in my life, and kept it that way for about the first three months. From what I was told, I looked really intimidating once my goatee grew back out.
    After that, I kept it high and tight (top was a #2, fading down to shaved back and sides), touched up every week until I got out.
    I'm letting it grow back out now.

Edit: I'm surprised that no one is rocking the faux-hawk around here.

Also, this should probably go in the Rant and Rave thread, but it is regarding haircuts, so I'll put it here. For a long time my ex-wife wanted Li'l Bandit to grow his hair out, the problem was, whenever he would go out with his grandmother, she would end up getting it cut. We finally talked her out of doing that (begged and threatened is actually closer to the truth), and for the first time in his life his hair got longer than 1", and wouldn't you know it, he has curly hair! As it got longer, I actually thought it looked pretty cool, but my ex-wife was disappointed that he didn't have straight hair like me.
    So she ended up coercing him into getting it cut with this bullshit line: "You don't want your hair long in the summer time, it's going to be too hot."
    OH REALLY?! If that is the case, why does she have her hair almost to her ass?!
    Here's a picture of Li'l Bandit with his hair (sort of ) long and curly the week before it was cut:

Attached Files:

10. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Up until about 8th grade I kept my hair real short, at about a 2 or so. Then I decided to let it grow out and I grow a decent jew-fro, only not super frizzy. I played football in high school and the coach made us keep our hair short, so I started a cycle of cutting it real short again at the beginning of the season, and sometimes had to cut it again once more towards the end, and then let it grow back out the rest of the year. For some reason I stuck with this hair cut schedule after I graduated, usually getting one hair cut a year, in which I lopped it all off. I like my 'fro but I guess I like mixing it up every once in a while.

I'm with dixie in that I hate everyone telling me how hot it must be. It's not, really.

[​IMG]

Pretty recent picture, with a dumb goatee I've since shaved off. I don't do anything special at all, just wash it and sometimes use conditioner when I remember to buy it, towel dry it mostly dry, and let it air dry the rest of the way.

Also, like nom, I randomly get girls walking up and wanting to touch it. This was worse (better?) in high school.

11. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh bullshit, everyone likes having their head rubbed by dainty lady fingers.

12. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Frebis definitely has the "perfect scenario" pampering down, but lady fingers are damn nice running through the scalp.

Now, if you could combine the two...

13. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I repped Roxanne about this, but I figure I'll come publicly clean. I hate, I mean I fucking hate having someone touch my head/hair. Mrs. Noland has the habit of sitting on the couch, reading, and running her hands through my hair. She is allowed and even encouraged. Everyone else can just fuck right the fuck off.

I get my hair cut about 4 times a year because of this absurd and completely irrational fear.

14. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

I usually find long hair a big turn-off, but every now and then it gets me. Usually, though, I like it "just a little long" to "just a little longer." I like to run my fingers through it, but it shouldn't hold a braid and definitely shouldn't be able to be put in a ponytail. The specifics of the cut doesn't really matter, I guess, because I can't think of any that I notice with any regularity. I wish I could describe my two favorite 'dos of guys I know, but I really don't know how. A guy's hair isn't one of the biggest things I notice but man when it's good, it's good.

Also, I only get my hair cut twice, maybe three times a year. Don't hate.

15. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Back in high school, I used to rock the white boy afro. When my hair gets longer, it starts to curl a lot of these little tight curls and it grows out and up, not down like normal peoples. I used to pick it out maybe once every two weeks or so just for fun. At the longest, it was maybe 10 inches when it was picked out.

Drastic change nowadays, USMC reg's call for it to be short all the time, so I cut it at least 3 times a month. Not so much a high and tight, but a fade a little lower down, and my hair on top ranges from 1/2 an inch to 2 inches.

16. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

I get mine cut every three to four weeks, skin 0 faded to a 2 up top. It's too damn hot and I'm outside too much to have it any longer. However, I apparently have rich, thick, luxurious hair, and the few times I've let it get a bit long the ladies I know beg me to grow it out. I'm still holding out.

17. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh, I also forgot to mention that when I do have my hair grown out, I only go to the same barber (stylist? It's a woman), and have done so since about 2003. I will cut my own hair before I have someone other than her do it. She gets my hair right every time.

18. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

Unless it's Warden Johnson or Bubba from Cell Block C...

But, you know, special circumstances...

19. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Seriously. $15 to have Louie Stugots spray my head damp with an old Windex bottle, or $22 to have the girl with the lip ring and the tattoo on her hip give me a scalp massage?

Now I know how Sophie felt when she made her choice.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I have hair that can absorb throwing knives, so I keep it fairly short to avoid looking like Horshack. I get it cut every 2-3 months, it doesn't grow fast.

However, as far as my go-to style in concerned, there can be only one:
    [​IMG]