Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

How I Met Your Mother Season 6

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Diablo, Sep 20, 2010.

1. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think Ted is petty enough to do all the voice recorder bullshit, though maybe he should have at least had the balls to man up and explain
    he was being forced to choose between her and Barney's entire career

2. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Part of me thinks that maybe she was manipulating him a bit. I think a lot of people would have deleted the recording if they fell in love with someone. Why did she even bring it and have it cued when he spoke? She didn't trust him.

3. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think the basis of their relationship was her manipulating him into helping her save the building. Ted got used, I just hope his friends point it out and he wises up.

4. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ok, so at the beginning of the season they promised he would be meeting the mother tonight. They had better not screw it up on us.

5. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.tvguide.com/News/HIMYM-Finale-Craig-Thomas-1033120.aspx?rss=breakingnews" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tvguide.com/News/HIMYM-Final ... eakingnews</a>

6. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh my god I'm so excited!! My roommates and I have been arguing over who's wedding it is all season and so have we on here. Season 6 finale is only a few hours away!!

7. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have to say, I am as giddie as a school girl getting her boobs.

Also, I have to say I will be pissed if it is some ex making an impassioned speech to Ted, and he suddenly realizes that the person has changed so much it was at that point that he "met the mother"

8. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Cocksuckers! If I were not torrenting the show and watching it without adverts, I'd be fucking outraged.

Introducing the Mother at this point has to be fucking incredibly difficult. If they fuck up the mother character, the backlash will be phenomenal - all this time putting up with Ted being the worst part of the fucking show, to find out that the mother is boring, or unlikeable? Ugh.

9. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm spoiling just in case someone hasn't seen the episode yet, but when I saw that Barney is getting married, I screamed at the screen out loud. I have no idea how I feel about this. On the one hand, I'm assuming he's marrying the adorable girl with the accent, which I like. But... it's Barney. His philandering is an awesome part of the show.

10. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I figured that out about halfway through the season that it was Barney, everyone was in the wedding party, and either Ted or Marshall were the best man...and the girl with the accent is Nora, a girl Barney wanted to get to know earlier this season. And immediately after Lily started throwing up, we called her being pregnant, it was pretty obvious if you ask me.

That fucking 'and kids...that was how I met your mother' line, we were all like, WHAT??

11. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck you people. I want to hit your spoilers so fucking bad. Fuck this time zone.

12. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Don't worry. When you see it, it will be worth it.

13. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You have to be fucking kidding me. They more or less promised that he would meet the mother.

14. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That was before they knew they were getting not just one more season, but two. They HAD to put it off. Once Ted meets the mother, the show is pretty much over, and we know it. I maintain that the series finale (yes, two years from now) will be Barney's wedding to whomever, whether it be Robin or Nora, and that will be when Ted finally meets her. It was like when people were dying for Mulder and Scully to hook up, or for Rachel to get with Ross, and all the other various couplings that drove a show. The difference is that this show tells you ahead of time that they'll get together, it is just a matter of when. Once that is gone, the suspense is over.

I also just noticed that in the flash-forward, when Ted talks to Barney as the groom, Lily wasn't pregnant. This means that the wedding is a ways off, well after Lily has the baby.

15. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That is the thing. The show needs to end on a high note. Not drag on like those other shows.

16. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ahem. <a class="postlink-local" href="http://theidiotboard.com/viewtopic.php?p=108315#p108315" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?p=108315#p108315</a>

17. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Prediction: next season Barney has a relationship with Nora and continues developing his relationship with his dad, ultimately changing his values. Robin falls in love with her crush (I really thought he'd be coming back in the finale last night). Despite being in separate, awesome relationships with other people, Barney and Robin realize they still have feelings for each other and have both changed. They get back together, breaking Nora and Crush's hearts. Ted meets the mother at Barney and Robin's wedding.

Not sure how the writers will incorporate a baby into the mix. There is plenty of potential comedy in Lily's pregnancy during next season, but in the last season it will be weird to see Marshall and Lily home with a baby instead of at the bar. Unless there's a miscarriage. I always figured Lily would find out she's pregnant towards the end of the series.

18. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Don't forget that the timeline for the next 2 seasons is only one year or less. They said the wedding was "later that summer", didn't they? They don't have to incorporate a kid into the mix. Having the wedding "later that summer" would mean a hurry-up wedding between Barney and Robin/Nora and would explain why Lilly wasn't showing in the scene.

Didn't the article posted yesterday say that next season would be a lot of flashbacks? Lilly wasn't pregnant in the past. Problem solved.

19. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Wedding date is 'sometime down the road' - not limited to next summer.

I call bullshit on Barney being the groom if they get another season extension. Nobody goes out on a high note while the show is still shitting money - milk it until there's no margin left - it's the Hollywood way. I think they'll go ahead with Barney being the grown and slightly less broken groom if they think the cashcow is seriously running dry, and have to force a close to the show - but if they have a lock on keeping the show running for another 5 years, they'll call it as a psyche and it's actually some other couple's wedding and Barney is using the groom's change room to obsess about suits and ties. Arthur's wedding to a guy maybe.

20. AbsentMindedProf

AbsentMindedProf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This girl may be a real life Robin. She looks a little like the actress that plays her, and she has a obscure cable news reporter job.

#140 AbsentMindedProf, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015