Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

How I Met Your Mother Season 6

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Diablo, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just aired earlier tonight, and introduced many a twist in the story line already. For those who didn't catch it, I'll spoiler tag my comments below, but I recommend seeing it soon.

My friends and I got to arguing over who's wedding it could possibly be from the fact that either Ted or Marshall were the best man, and Lily was part of the wedding party; and why Cindy and her roommate got invited (if she got invited)?

My thought was that Barney and Robin somehow get married since those two are the only two who could possibly get married that we know of right now who are friends with all the group. This might be foreshadowed by the fact that Barney was awestruck when Robin came back into the bar all done up. Also, we came up with the 'mother' could maybe be working at the wedding, like a wedding planner of some sort if she didn't come with Cindy. We learned a couple seasons ago that she was in the Economics class that Ted accidentally started to teach and that could possibly correlate to some sort of work in the business field.

2. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Gad dang that was the biggest cocktease ever.

As to the wedding, I can't imagine who it could be. They have to be close for Ted to be the best man, and Marshall to be in the wedding party. I just don't think it is possible for them to actually have Barney and Robin get married, their relationship story arc was so bad it was painful.

But unfortunately that is the only possibility I can think of. Unless Stella and that guy officially got married, and wanted Ted to be there for getting them back together.

3. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, it's late enough to not need spoilers at this point, but just in case:

I do think it was Barney and Robin getting married. From the beginning, it has been clear that Robin and Barney are very similar in their personalities. I think eventually Barney will realize that he can still have fun and do crazy shit in a couple, and the only person who will be cool and free enough to let Barney be Barney (minus the hookups) is Robin. Robin, meanwhile, will marry Barney because he is the only person who she realizes she can be herself with, in as much as he, unlike Ted, loved her because she was a free spirit who loved guns and cigars and booze (Ted wanted to be with her in spite of those things, not because of them). I just think they've been setting it up too much for those two to NOT end up together somehow.

Apparently, the writers say they have a plan, and that the day when Ted meets his future wife is nearing. If we don't at least know who is getting married by the end of the season, I will officially write this show off.

4. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Could it be?

Cameron?

<a class="postlink" href="http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/09/09/jennifer-morrison-how-i-met-your-mother-ted/#more-11143" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/09/09/ ... more-11143</a>

5. Rudolph

Rudolph
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

My first thought was that it will be Robin's wedding. To who? No idea. I didn't even remember why Robin and Don broke up. Was he going to work somewhere else? Network job or something?

6. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What happened was a station in Chicago called and offered Robin a major anchor job, but she turned it down so she could stay in New York and continue her relationship with Don. After she turned it down, they called Don and offered him the job, and he accepted it (without knowing that Robin turned it down to stay with him), so they broke up when he moved to Chicago.

7. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thought the wedding was Rachel Bilson's character marrying the woman she was kissing in the bar. Isn't that why they showed them together at the end with their daughter. In a previous episode it is said that he married her roommate so she would be at the wedding also.

8. bean

bean
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I will also be writing this show off if we don't get some major plot progression and interesting story lines for Ted. Enough of lame-Ted too.
    This is pretty much what I was thinking.

In fact I'm pretty sure Barney's toast would end something like this:
    ...everyone who hasn't turned a woman gay: raise your hands. Oh Ted, not so fast!

9. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

But Marshall and Ted were both clearly in the wedding party, Ted being the best man. My best man was a guy I have known since 5th grade. Sure Ted taught her a lesson about life and who she is one time, that is not enough to have him as best man. Invited to the wedding sure. Not to mention that to have Marshall be in the wedding party, the lesbians would have to become close to the group.

Unfortunately it would seem as though it has to be Barney and Robin, or as I mentioned earlier, it could be Stella and that guy.

10. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And it seemed that Lily might also have been in the wedding party, she was dressed pretty nice.
    And on a deeper note, Lily didn't look pregnant, so the wedding could either be soon, or after the supposed baby.

11. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not necessarily. Marshall could have been officiating. He said that he got the beer from behind the pulpit. Makes it a little less messy to try and predict whose wedding it is.

12. Rudolph

Rudolph
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Is Marshall ordained? ahahaha.

13. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's also possible it's just Barney, even potentially part of one of 'plays'

14. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A little more evidence about it being Barney's wedding. During this last episode (which sucked by the way and had little to do with anything in particular) Barney admitted to needing to grow up and stop living in his fantasy world. It's a stretch but this could mean he's getting ready to settle down...

15. waldo

waldo
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

pretty sure you guys are reading too much into the episode, it was the lesbian wedding and the show is going to drag this shit along the whole season like they always do and then cap the last episode ted meeting his wife and us not getting to see what she looks like. im about done unless something great pops up soon.

16. Rudolph

Rudolph
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Over the weekend I watched a few episodes that were in syndication, specifically the one where we find out how Ted first met everyone, and it reminded me just how awesome some of those older episodes are. I think I'm going to have to start Netflixing the older seasons.

17. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This week's episode wasn't all that funny, but at least it wasn't painful to watch like the first two.

18. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ugh. Pointless...losing interest quickly.

19. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I watched season 2 on my way to and from New Orleans this weekend. Awesome stuff came back then...you can't top Swarley. Good luck with this season man, it starts awesome, then drops downhill quickly.

20. BeCoolBitch_BeCool

BeCoolBitch_BeCool
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

First of all, the "Esther" scene is one of the funniest things I've ever scene on TV.

Second of all, where do I recognize the girl who played Marshall's daughter, and where can I see more of her?