Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

How I Met Your Mother - Season 5

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Dufresne, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

How many times in college did you go to a class and the teacher never showed, or left a note saying class was cancelled? Responsibility my ass, he could've found a way out of it, or just not gone. It wouldn't have been the end of the world

2. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wow. This episode sucked. This show had such promise.

Then they forgot, he was supposed to meet those kid's mother.

3. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I enjoyed the fact that they played with the show as a story being told again. Like sandwiches instead of joints before, or when he switches out words. The fact that he just now says that they all smoked was kinda funny to me.

But yeah, the rest of it was kinda boring.

4. imlkrsfn

imlkrsfn
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Most of this season has sucked. They need to go back to Barney being the main focus or even Marshall. Ted is boring, not funny, and him finding the mother is going to keep going around in circles until CBS announces the show is canceled and it's time to wrap it up.

5. Shoombala

Shoombala
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I don't think we have to wait much longer for the show to get back on track.

The 100th episode is set to air on the 10th, which guest stars Rachel Bilson as someone in Ted's class and near the same age.

[​IMG]

She kinda looks like the daughter doesn't she?

[​IMG]

She's my bet for being the mother.

6. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I thought this was a great episode, and one that everyone can like; plot progression and Barney being Barney. At the beginning, when Ted mentioned all the stuff about his wife, I knew it would be too easy for her to be Rachel Bilson. It'll be very interesting to see how they go about bringing Ted and "the roommate" together.

Barney's song was hilarious, and the while time throughout I just kept thinking, he's still gonna do her. Barney never disappoints.

All in all, I thought this was a great episode. My only hope is that there's more Rachel Bilson ... somehow, someway. Damn, she's hot.

7. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That episode made me want to suit up.

8. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Agreed, one complaint though, if you're going to cast the woman with arguably the sexiest legs on the planet to guest star, couldn't you toss the viewers a frikkin bone and actually show them?

9. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I actually made sure my suit still fit after that.

That episode also made me realize i do give a shit about how Ted's story progressed as I was actually pumped on the potential of getting closer to the mother.

10. JoeFresh

JoeFresh
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I enjoyed the emergency suit compartment in the washroom, and the Disney-like song at the end...Did Marshal's slap when Barney was so overcome by his suit count towards the slap bet? Now that would be interesting to know.

"Nothing Suits Me Like a Suit"

11. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

AUGHGHHGHEGHHG was the only thing out of my mouth everytime they mentioned the mother being RIGHT THERE AND NOTHING HAPPENED THEY ARE TOYING WITH ME

Funny episode though, the emergency suit was great.

12. Ryan Leaf

Ryan Leaf
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

That was awesome. Stacy Keibler is amazing, and Rachel Bilson is one of the most gorgeous women on the planet to my eye. I usually hate anything musical, but they really pulled it off. Fantastic episode, best I've seen in a while.

13. Rudolph

Rudolph
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

That was a good episode, but I'm pretty happy Rachel Bilson isn't the mother. She might be an attractive woman, but I'm not a fan of her acting.

14. Benzilla

Benzilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I think this episode featured their most effective use of the voice over narration ever. I cracked up when the restaurant scene froze after Rachel Bilson told Ted about her roommate's paintings of robots playing sports; "I was lying, that sounded AWESOME." And earlier when they were taking in her apartment:

Ted: I promise you I won't fall in love with your roommate.
    <scene freeze>
    Future Ted: Oops.

This episode may have pandered to the fans but I (predictably) ate it up. The last time I felt similar levels of T.V. induced joy was when I re-watched Firefly after forgetting about it for years.

15. JoeFresh

JoeFresh
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

how about mondays episode?! Marshall yelling and screaming like a child when his co-worker kissed him ahahah, and how Barney walks in saying he's going to bang him(her) and Ted was just so confused. Great comedy, great writers and overall a great cast

16. Rudolph

Rudolph
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I've been saying "but um" since watching the episode, so I'd say it definitely stuck with me.

17. Beer Me

Beer Me
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

So have I, and afterwards I keep thinking "shouldn't I be taking a shot?"

18. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know of a couple of guys who went to Hawaii for 7 days with the intent on getting a different woman each night. They succeeded, but not a perfect week as they did get shot down during the week.

I really enjoyed this episode and liked the premise of having to get seven women without any turndowns over seven days. I doubt it could ever happen in real life, but I think that added to the fun of the episode. I especially enjoyed when they were describing throwing heat.

19. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The absolute best part was right after Marshall said "I guess there iss no such thing as a jinx," where Jim Nantz just stands up and kicks his chair. Awesome.

20. Ryan Leaf

Ryan Leaf
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Best I have ever done is three in a row, but a dive instructor buddy of mine did 28/31 trying to win a bet. He didn't win the bet, but he won a great case of the clap.