Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

"How drunk is "drunk enough", Captain Junuh?"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by $100T2, Jul 11, 2012.

1. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes, some of you saw "The Legend of Bagger Vance". Some of you may even remember this scene:

My mastiff-lab mix Tonka (see my avatar) was hit by some fucking cocksucker and left in the road.

I've had an awful lot of rum tonight. Enough that I should probably be passed out on the floor. And it hasn't stopped me from basically being in tears for the past 5 hours.

So, my question to you is:

FOCUS: How drunk is "drunk enough"?

#1 $100T2, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  2. Psychodyne

Psychodyne
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

When THIS fucking song starts making sense.

Seriously? Hinder? When that happened I almost punched myself.

I'm not entirely joking though. For me, Drunk Enough is when I get to the point I realize it's time to put the bottle down, stop feeling sorry for myself, and move on with life. Sometimes that takes all of a few hours. Sometimes that takes a few months. Once it took a couple buddies to remind me one morning that I don't have to drink an entire bottle of Jameson in one night, that I shouldn't be ALBE to do that and still function, and since that in itself is pretty fucked up, I need to man-the-fuck-up and pull my shit together. They were right.

The bottle is only a very short term fix, mostly to allow you to get your emotions out and feel sad for a while. Enough is when you're ready to put your Big Kid pants back on and start livin' again. L-I-V-I-N

#2 Psychodyne, Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  3. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It used to be so if I puked, I'd still be able to rally for a little while after that.

Now, "enough" happens when I drink the perfect amount of beer and bourbon so I can last forever in bed and still be able to cum at the end.

As for you, my friend, I'm so sorry that you lost your buddy in such a shitty way. I hope they catch the asshole. But don't go searching for "enough to numb"--you won't find it and you'll only feel worse.

4. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This^. I'm not good at crying and getting my emotions out so I'll use this crutch to get that out, then I usually blow right past that and knock myself out for good measure. I know I did when my dog died (sorry for your loss, that shit hurts).

I've found the sooner I can get it out and then take that pain, anger, rage, whatever I'm feeling and turn it into motivation to hit the gym or do anything productive, the faster I can get through it while still going through it. If I just block it out and go it'll come back later and cause all kind of issues.

5. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In public: buzzed but in control. One or two drinks an hour.

At home: when the booze is gone or I pass out.

Yay alcoholism.

6. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    When I vomit.

7. kindalas

kindalas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The next morning.

8. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When my drinking can no longer make a direct connection with my drinking mouth.

9. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

When I close my eyes and it gets dizzy up in there, it is time to go to bed.

10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I guess it depends on why you're drinking . . .

If you're at a party, drunk enough is when what you say is funny to everyone - too drunk is when it's only funny to you.

If you're at a bar, drunk enough is when you get up to do karaoke and people applaud your efforts - too drunk is when the lead singer tells you "it's not karaoke night, dumbass."

If you're trying to hook up, drunk enough is what you say is clever - too drunk is when what you say is harassment.

If you're with a lady drunk enough is when you go to bed at 2 with a 10 - too drunk is when you wake up at 10 with a 2. (- Willie Nelson)

And, when you're headed home, drunk enough is when you know you need to call a cab - too drunk is when you use the phrase "that badge looks stupid."

11. rbz90

rbz90
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

When this:
    [​IMG]

Starts to look like this:
    <a class="postlink" href="http://babesmedia.entertainment.ign.com/babes/image/article/786/786889/babe-of-the-day-gabrielle-tuite-20070509035816134-000.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://babesmedia.entertainment.ign.com ... 34-000.jpg</a>

Then you're drunk enough. Or maybe it's too much depends on how much you want to hate yourself the next day.

12. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When your field of vision starts to look like a TV with bad antennae reception, that's when you know.

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

When I wake up on my couch and my dick is sore, there's dried tears on my face, and The DVD menu for Pee Wees Big Adventure is on loop.

14. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

When I cannot remember why I am in any given room, I am done.

15. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Post college:

Not drunk enough is when I'm the DD and we get to where everyone is crashing and people pass out instead of drinking.

Drunk enough is when I wake up in my bed with the sheets and blankets perfectly wrapped around me with a glass of water next to the bed.

Too drunk is when I wake up on the couch.

In college:

Not drunk enough is when I wake up in my bed with the sheets and blankets perfectly wrapped around me with a glass of water next to the bed.

Drunk enough is when I wake up on the floor, fully clothed, possibly still with my backpack and shoes on.

Too drunk is when I wake up, have no idea where the fuck I am and am covered in a warm liquid... that you know, someone must have spilled on me.

16. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In public: When I can't remember the last time I casually touched my penis, or when I can't remember the last tip I left for the bartender/waitress. Also, when I glance at my watch or phone twice in the same minute because I forgot what I just saw. If I have to re-read a text, it's over.

Alternatively, when I can't pronounce words like "succession" without the word "sex" creeping in there somehow.

When I'm "In it to win it": When peeing feels waaaayyyyy too good, maaan. When I start to think things like, "I seriously don't remember the last time I had Jagermeister. It sounds delightful right about now.". When I no longer care if I go home with money.

17. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's just not fun when the room is spinning. Of course, usually when that kicks in I've just downed a double. Realizing you've had too much, just after you've finished your drink, knowing it's yet to hit your system... not the best feeling.

18. Nitwit

Nitwit
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

19. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Too drunk: when I woke up on the steps of my front stoop. Outside. In New York City.

20. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Too drunk: when I celebrate the absolute last of midterms/midterm practicals with a night out watching "Magic Mike" with friends. New low. Not so magical.