Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

House rules

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Samr, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm sorry, is the implication here that you think 4 people playing a game somehow brings an entire party to a halt, stopping all socializing, sex and music?

Maybe you're confused. See, the parties I usually attended had many people at them. You understand? And often parties spanned multiple rooms, many of which had no beer pong in them at all! Frequently, the people playing the game would even complete the game, give the table over to someone else, and continue partying!

That only works if you have more than 4 people at the party, though, so I can understand your confusion. It must be hard getting many people to drive hundreds of miles across the frozen arctic tundra to attend an event supplied with cases of Molson Ice.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Never thought or hinted that at all. Go re-read WTF's original question and re-read my response with a bit of sarcasm in it.

The question was posed in such a way that it seemed that without beer pong, there was nothing to do.

We did normal party stuff, but without beer pong.

I will say that we seemed to have more live music, as it seemed that more people were in bands of some sort. Maybe it was the lack of Internet and video games that resulted in more people being in shitty bands, who knows.

3. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm just jokin' anyway. Beer pong was only something I played occasionally, since I tended to smoke rather than drink my depressants and "roach pong" never really caught on.

I probably attended only a half dozen parties that had live bands playing, and they were all freakin' awful, even for crappy party bands. I much preferred parties with hosts that had good music taste.

4. Muley05

Muley05
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I forgot another rule that I have at my house:

No fighting in the house. Fighting is allowed outside the house once all side bets have been made.

5. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I always got shit for it but I always preferred flip cup to beer pong for a myriad of reasons.

-It was a much better use of the space as you could play with 15+ people easily on the same table.
    -Girls fucking love it, this is where the flak comes from, but we are trying to party with/fuck these girls are we not?
    -The atmosphere is much different, competitive shit talking was much easier to turn into positive situations with chicks, beer bong usually turns into chest thumping between the two best teams the whole night.
    -It's much faster paced and you end up getting drunker without having to resort to death cups/full fucking cups.
    - And I fucking suck at beerpong....

Honestly the best parties Ive been too we had 25-25 game tie breaker flip cup matches.

6. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And then it's "Marquis of Queensbury Rules."

7. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Survivor flip cup. After every round a player on the losing team gets voted off and the rest of the team has to take the responsibility for the cups. That is to say, at the end of the match at least one person will be drinking all of the cups for a team.

Another great game is Civil War. It's best played 3v3 or 4v4. Each player has a rack of four cups and there are 6 balls and it's just a rapid fire beer pong match. As soon as you get a ball you can shoot. You can not shoot while drinking a sunk cup. And, if your whole team is drinking, the other team gets all the balls. Eliminated players may fetch balls for their team, so long as they do not cross the midline of the table.

8. pterodactyl

pterodactyl
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I've played pong a lot, but when I was first in college (2001) and before I was 21, beer pong hadn't really "hit" our campus yet. We played Beer Die instead, and IMO a much better game. We also played P&A and other card games, we played a variation of kings cup where instead of different things for each card (six-dicks, 4-whores, nine-ryme etc) every card was a "make your own rule" card and if the rule was something like 4 - "change shirts with the person next to you" you had to do it until the next 4 was drawn. We also played a shit load of tippy cup.

9. JPrue

JPrue
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

We play this variation too, only with the anchor (the last person on the team to drink) of the winning team playing the voted player 1 on 1. Anchor wins, voted player is gone, but if the voted player wins, he/she stays in the game. We've found this ups the intensity of the crowd and the game quite a bit, since it's all-eyes on this one match up. This added stipulation does tend to really lengthen games a bit, which can conceivably be viewed as a pro or a con.

Survivor flip cup is by far my favorite drinking game, but the occurrences have been rather rare, since such a game requires much participation and tends to create noise that rivals that of an angry mob.

10. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have the party house. It's great that I rarely have to drive anywhere but it also sucks that I'm forever cleaning up.

- No glass in the pool or on the pool patio. I don't give a fuck if it's in a bottle koozie, it'll still break when your dumb ass drops it, and you will drop it.

- Don't mess with my kegerator. I don't know why but guys love to play around with the pressure on the kegerator.

- Stay the fuck out of my car garage with drinks. Why is the hood or roof of a car so inviting to set down a cup, can, or bottle?

- I love cigars. I have an entire 30x40 room dedicated to enjoying them in comfort. Smoke in there or outside but don't go wandering through my house with a lit cigar.

- Secondly and more importantly, don't just take cigars. If I'm offering them then have one. If you arrived after I handed some out and want one just ask. I'll ask you what kind/size you like. If you don't know I'm going to give you something cheaper & smallish. Nothing like watching a cigar virgin bail after a few puffs on a $30 Presidente. Complete waste and it gets you banned from ever being offered one again.

- Don't throw glass bottles, cans, trash in my fire patio pit. I like being able to shovel out the ash without having to pick out bits of metal and glass before I dump it in the compost.

- Children, dogs, and friends I don't know are all cool... so long as you're responsible for them.

11. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think it should be written down in TiB history book, that yesterday, for the first time ever, a topic/activity was brought up that Nettdata was/has not been an expert in. Let us rejoice that he is not a God.

12. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Don't count your chickens before they hatch buddy, he probably knows it as Beirut (the proper name) and was on the Canadian national team for the better part of 2 years.

Skunk rule: If you get beat without hitting a single cup you have to do a potion. The potion was a shot of two completely random consumable non-alcoholic items. The first potion ever was half milk, half Italian dressing. Then a flurry of combinations came later, off the top of my head:

-Milk and soy sauce
    -Ranch dressing and French vanilla coffee creamer
    -grape jelly and creamy Italian dressing (this made me vomit immediately)

Yay friendly competition.

13. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Nope.

We never had drinking games at our parties. We were too busy talking, dancing, and "going to see (random guy)'s room". If you need a game/rules to drink, you're doing it wrong.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Meh. We never needed games to drink.

15. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I think the operative word there being "need." I've been to plenty of parties where there was no beer pong/card games/etc. and had a hell of a time. Likewise, I've had great, hilarious times playing various drinking games. The thing that got me was at the last place I lived, the instant a few of us would sit around and crack open a beer, a couple of my roommates would immediately start trying to organize a game of pong or kings or something. I agree on the need to chill out on that shit sometimes.

As far as rule variations on beer pong, these are the ones I've generally played by that I haven't seen mentioned:
    1. Once a cup is made, it can be removed immediately. However, if another ball is made in that cup at any point before you drink the whole thing, game over.
    2. Skunk rule at my buddy's place was both players had to run a lap around the house naked. The girls we drank with were surprisingly game for this rule generally.
    3. If you get a roll back, you have the option to shoot either behind the back or opposite hand. Opposite hand is generally easier, but it makes for some hilariously awkward throwing motions.

16. seelivemusic

seelivemusic
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I lived in a place that had a drum riser in our living room so pretty much every party had at least one band playing it. We also introduced our friends to the double shot luge which was always flipped over at midnight for the single lane on the reverse. This was in 1995 and we thought we were pretty much king shit for having one at all of our parties. I'm sure they existed well before us but it was a novelty then.

17. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

1. If you're too high to play, you can watch or join the guys playing Black Ops: Zombies as they wait for their turn. Too many games have involved 10-minute arguments over which cups were or were not made, and lengthy recapping of the entire sequence of events, because most or all of the involved players and spectators were too high to remember what actually happened. It's funny at first, but it just gets fucking annoying.

2. Don't touch my TV. In our case, it's TV instead of music. Because it's my TV and my Xbox when we're at my place, I'll put on whatever the consensus is, so don't you go changing it. South Park, Family Guy, Archer, and Chappelle's Show. Anything that deviates from that better have clearance.

3. Goods split 50-50. Since everyone's drinking, it's only fair that everyone brings something to the table. Whether it's booze, weed, or disease-free females, everyone contributes.

4. Balls back = off the wall, behind the back, or through the legs. We used to have the opposite hand thing, but too many of us are ambidextrous, so we did away with that.

5. Home-field advantage exists for a reason. If you know exactly where to bounce it off the wall/table/ceiling with a high level of success: good for you, that's 2 cups. We also have the Tropicana Field Rule: if your shot inadvertently hits the lights hanging over the table, it still counts. Next time, pay attention to your surroundings.

Personally, it's not about the drinking for me. If I want to drink, I'm going to drink. But drinking without purpose, or without something on the line, isn't very fun. I'm also hyper-competitive and and avid player of precision-based games like bowling, darts, and golf. So beer pong (or "pong" as my friends and I have taken to calling it), strictly as an activity, greatly appeals to me.

Sometimes, we'll play without even drinking. Fill some cups with water, put on some good music/TV in the background, pass the bong around, and it's good times. With or without alcohol, pong is just a fun activity for a dozen of us to take part in when we chill on a Saturday night.

18. The Dread Pirate

The Dread Pirate
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

My fraternity threw some awesome parties. However, we had a bunch of rules to ensure everything went smoothly. These are most of what I remember:

General:
    Most of the rules were designed to minimize our legal risk should something happen or the cops come by for whatever reason. The parties are closed to any guys not in the chapter unless there is an exception made by the EC (chapter leadership). You can invite any girls you want, as long as they are hot/cool and aren't on the "banned list" (girls who caused too much trouble in the past). Don't drive yourself to the house. If you need a ride, call a sober pledge - that's what they're for. Don't touch the volume on the music unless instructed to by a sober brother (this was to keep cops from coming for noise complaints). If you need to smoke, step out on the back deck. ABSOLUTELY NO DRUGS... EVER. No exceptions. This was possibly the most strict rule at the house (for criminal liability and risk reasons). Even brothers who were into that stuff would enforce this. Guys should pee outside and leave the downstairs bathrooms for the girls. Don't go upstairs (where the brothers live) unless you a.) live there or b.) have permission to use the "smash room" (the unused walk-in closet with a twin bed). If you need to pass out, take off your shoes and find one of the dozen or so couches downstairs. Leaving your shoes on is an invitation to get fucked with. Finally, have fun, but treat the house with respect. Yeah, pledges will clean up the next morning, but don't intentionally trash stuff. If you, your girls or your guests break something, you are responsible for getting it fixed.

Alcohol:
    The fraternity provides ample kegs and juice (punch) for the community. Anything else in the house is the property of whoever owns it (i.e., if you didn't bring it and didn't ask, don't drink it). If you are a guy and make girl drinks, we will mock you. Pledges, if lucky enough to be allowed to drink, must bring their own shit as well as bring a minimum of two girls to balance themselves out (not enforced very strictly, but it was the common practice). In the extremely rare event we run low on drinks, alcohol is to be served by pledges behind the bar in the following order: alumni (if any), brothers, hot girls, guests, potential rushes, ugly girls, homeless people, wild animals, pledges.

Icing can occur at anytime, anyplace. You can block an icing with another Ice. The first person now has to drink both. Of course, this can be countered again with another Ice, resulting in the loser drinking all 3 (and so on). Once you ice a person, you cannot ice that same person for 24 hours and they cannot ice you during that same period. However, other people can still ice them. This was to prevent ice Wars where brothers would buy multiple six-packs of Smirnoff Ice and follow around another brother the entire party (see next rule). If you vomit from being iced, you must drink Smirnoff Ice and ONLY Smirnoff Ice for the entirety of the next party. (Brothers would regularly target excessively drunk brothers just to see this rule enforced).

Beer Pong:
    Racks at 2 and 4. Bounce = 2 cups and there are no rollbacks. Make two in a row, you get the ball back. No fingering or blowing. Two balls in the same cup are game over. If your team gets skunked, you and your partner (regardless of gender) must strip and do a lap around the entire fraternity house. Anyone who refuses is banned from the house. However, I think I'm going to hit up the listserv and see how the "trolling" idea discussed here fields.

I'll post more if I think about it.

19. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

My boy Milly's rules:

"Fuck hot chicks, high five bros, and punk haterz."

Milly lives his life by that, hes the man.

Also, Milly drinks a shot whenever a hot chick gives him a blowjob. Millys drunk all the time.

20. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

Didn't mean to imply that there was nothing to do without beer pong though I understand it could be interpreted that way. I guess it was just such a mainstay at every party that I (honestly) can't picture a house party without it. I don't know about other social circles, but the role that the game played generally depended on the size of the party. If it is just a couple of friends sitting around bullshitting it was just something to have fun doing. Competition is a constant amongst my friends so it served as as something to talk shit over while we discussed other things as well. In a bigger party it was more of a little sideshow. Some people wouldn't even try to play while others would be itching at a chance to get on the list. Personally, I loved using it as an in to talk to a girl that I wanted to get to know. It's a nice way to get some one on one time and get a feel for a person in a friendly, casual atmosphere.