Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

House rules

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Samr, Feb 12, 2011.

1. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am pretty territorial, and don't like people I don't know in my house.

So you can't bring your old frat buddy/co-worker who is "totally cool man, totally cool" unless I have met them outside of my living space.

Unless she is hot. Then, bring her over.

Also, take off your shoes. I have carpeting, and I try and keep it clean.

2. caseykasem

caseykasem
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I generally like people to make themselves at home at my house. I only ask that people have some common fucking courtesy.

Take off your damn shoes. You walk in every piss filled bathroom with those things and god knows where else. I don't want to be walking around in shit and piss in my house.

Whatever beer you bring over here stays here. If I bring beer to your house I leave it and I expect you to do the same.

Don't bring over people you haven't okayed with me beforehand or I haven't met. A friend of mine once got a laptop stolen by a friends' friend who was "a cool guy"

3. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Take off your shoes. I have hardwood floors and like to walk around barefoot without feeling like I'm on a sidewalk near the beach.

Treat my furniture like you're a human, not a chimp. I'm not asking for perfect posture, just sit like you have some respect for my things (and if you're a girl, stop jamming your feet down into the depths of the couch because they're cold. Ask for slippers or wear fucking socks in the winter).

If you don't like the music I have on, ask me to play something else. I like many things, excluding country, and I'll probably like whatever you want to put on. Don't just go change it yourself.

4. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Best house rules I've ever heard of are from Kingsley Amis:

"If your glass is empty, it's your own damn fault."

5. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I didn't think I'd need to make a rule about this but apparently I do:
    Try and not puke in our front hallway, then try and sweep it under the Deacon's Bench to pretend nothing happened. Seriously who the fuck does this.

More serious rules are basically don't break things, don't jump on my sectional as the connectors aren't meant to be tackled by a 320 pound man,

Take off your shoes

If you plan on bringing your dog at least tell me in advance

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Please smoke outside. Yes, I smoke. Outside. I have a kid, and smoke does NOT touch her lungs.

I don't expect guests to clean up afterwards because as the host that's all me, but I expect them to know where the garbage pail is at least.

Don't touch my shit, don't SMOKE my shit, and if you be bringing' ANY of them hos home, I get to fuck 'em FIRST.

7. BeCoolBitch_BeCool

BeCoolBitch_BeCool
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

We eventually got rid of the behind the back rule because a) nobody in the history of beer pong has ever mad that shot and b) it usually results in people knocking over cups battling for a slow rollback.

With the spread of meningitis on campus, we eventually just played with cups of water and took a couple drinks every time somebody made a shot. Kind of ruined the point of beer pong, but definitely made cleanup easier.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Am I the only person who has never played a game of beer-pong? Or cared? Or have no desire to play at all?

9. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Never played. Back when Grandpa R-o-M was in college, we had games like "Quarters" and "Asshole." However, since the point of any drinking game was to drink, we usually just hung out and drank. A lot.

10. Muley05

Muley05
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

If it is dry outside, I don't care if you leave your shoes on. If it is wet or your shoes are really dirty, take them off. And do not put them on the furniture.

If you are getting up to get a beer, ask if anyone else needs one.

If you want to bring a friend over, I will not say no. And your friend is your responsibility (meaning if they fuck something up it is on you). If your friend wants to bring someone over, the answer is no.

I don't have a ton of rules. Respect my stuff and everything will be fine.

11. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Never played, and since my aim is terrible, I can guarantee it would be a catastrophic experience.

If I am drinking, I much prefer just sitting around, at home or at the neighborhood bar, with friends. I don't need a game to help me get drunk, I can manage that myself, thank you.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I haven't either. It didn't exist around these parts until just a few years ago, but it seems like a college game to me. The only drinking game I may play nowadays is "Who Can Get The Most Smashed Before The Cab Gets Here".

13. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean, NettData, you are what, 60 or 70 years outside of the college party demographic?

14. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've made it, and I've made behind-the-back-off-the-wall too. I made them both once, and I will probably never make them again, because there is absolutely no skill involved, it's all luck.

15. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Translation: I am where joy goes to die. No, I will not have sex with you, or even flirt with you. If you do anything less than taking me on four dates, you aren't getting a kiss.

Focus:

My house degraded, from a respectable shiny pad over the course of the school year to a frightening shithole where flies bred by the dozen in the dirty bong water lying everywhere. At one point we were convinced that the house was under FBI surveillance due to the 2 drug dealers that had moved in pushing insane amounts of trees. But aside from that, it was on there every weekend.

People would use the tables for ashtrays, smoke trees in every corner of the house, spill beer, play loud Lil Wayne music and make out in the bathrooms. After a while I couldn't take it anymore and started locking my door at all times. Literally, if I was walking down the stairs I'd lock the door.

So yeah. Rules are important. Lord almighty, take care of the damn house you live in.

16. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Shoes off unless they're clean. If you have to ask yourself or me whether they're clean enough, they're not.

Puking is fine in the toilet. Puking anywhere else means you get to clean it up and be cut off, or get thrown out.

For beer pong, we actually used the behind-the-back shot, and I saw my roommate make it on more than one occasion. Other than that, it was common variations of the basic rules: Elbow behind the table (yes, BEHIND), one rerack, bounce counts for two cups.

One rule that no one else seems to use was death cup. If a cup was sank, it could be pulled immediately. The counter to this was that you had better watch that goddamned cup, because if a ball goes in it again, you lose and drink everything left on the table. My roommate introduced me to this rule when we got our apartment, and I quickly learned to appreciate the sinister play that it enabled. On nights he was at the top of his game, he could shut down team after team of drunks with that shot. It doesn't sound that bad, but when someone is holding a full bitch cup and concentrating on how they're going to down it at the end of the game, their defenses are not up.

As for weed, we allowed it with close friends one or both of us vouched for, but beyond that, it wasn't allowed at all. Not in the apartment, and not in your car where the insomniac landlord will probably see you on his hourly rounds.

Someone mentioned icing, and I just want to say, fuck that. A friend from OSU came by one night and introduced us to that horrid game, and I will say it was funny at first. The funny began to fade when people regularly got iced as they were pissing between pong turns, and died a violent death when we woke up one morning, hungover to hell and back, to find a bottle on each of our toilets. Henceforth, it was ruled that anyone attempting to perform icing in our apartment was to either drink every last drop of that piss immediately, or be banned permanently.

17. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

I've never made an off-the-wall but I've made behind the back shots plenty of times. It is pretty hard but once you have a technique for it, it is quite makeable. One of my favorite party memories was during redemption, my partner shot an missed, I missed but got the rollback and made the behind the back to send it into overtime. Cue merciless(deserved) mocking for having this as one of my favorite party memories.

For the people who have never played beer pong...what did you guys do at house parties? My entire high school drinking career consisted of house parties where beer pong was always present. Not so much in college because I was in NYC and going to bars, but whenever I would visit my high school friends in the suburbs, it was the same deal: house parties of which beer pong was an essential ingredient. Hell even now when I see those people, if there are 4 or more people present, a beer pong table is quickly set up.

18. Atticus

Atticus
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

-If there's a theme, don't be the dick that doesn't even try. If you're that poor, I will give you $5 to have a field day at Goodwill/UPS store.
    -No hard drugs anywhere near my place.
    -My taste in music is phenomenal. No touchy.
    -My taste in beer is phenomenal. Enjoy it.
    -If you gotta spew, spew in this (i.e., toilet, sink, outdoors).
    -If your hat is funnier than mine... well-played.
    -I enjoy having people over. I won't accept your monetary contribution. I will, however, accept your alcohol contribution.
    -If your sloppiness is bringing everyone else down, you will be asked to either chill out or leave exactly one time. You will not be asked a second time. Immediate ejection if you upset my girlfriend.
    -If it's in the fridge and you can drink it, it's fair game. Ask if it's food.
    -Prompt and utter destruction? The plunger's right there, buddy.
    -Stuff breaks. I won't make you pay for it, but I do appreciate the offer. Unless it's my guitar. Then you will pay with your life.
    -If you sleep it off at my place and are not one of my best friends, get the hell out of my house by 9AM. Do feel free to grab a Gatorade for the road.

19. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd rep this if I could, but I can't. I went to a house party a year after high school. Two guys there skunked (read: we made 0 cups) myself and my friend with off the wall, and off the wall only. Granted, they were worth 3 cups a shot, but we didn't have a chance. Two turns and it was game over. The rest of the night was supposed to be a pong tournament...we fucked off immediately to avoid further embarrassment and alcohol poisoning.

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It was all mixed tapes, Members Only jackets, and big hair.

Actually, we did crazy shit like make out with chicks, talk, and generally socialize. Most house parties I went to had live bands at them, too.

The only drinking games I pretty well engaged in were at the rugby clubhouse after games, where we regularly held boat races.