Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

House rules

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Samr, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

At my house, if you bring a bottle of liquor/wine/case of beer, it does not leave. Period. In fact, normally (unless there are extreme and extenuating circumstances), it will not survive the night. This is understood. It will not go back with you. Want to try a handle of overproof rum? Awesome; there's three people here, and our man card is on the line if we don't demolish it; prepared to get fucked up. It's one of those things.

That being said, I'm not a big beer pong guy. I understand the commonly-accepted rules, but everyone, and every house, seems to have their own tweaks. Everyone has their own night-after-night drinking game. Everyone has a house shot. With the drink, it's a toss up; High Life or Coors Light is ridiculed at some places and worshipped at others. Some places listen to Dave Matthews and nothing else; with others, it's don't-touch-the-fucking-host's-stereo.

I've been to places where "icing" is standard procedure (icing = hide a bottle of smirnoff ice in a frequented-but-inconspicuous place, and when your victim finds it, they have to chug the bottle). At some places, you smoke or toke, it's outside or not at all; at others, it's hit, hit, pass.

Focus: What are your house rules? When/why did they come about? Any interesting stories of when someone violated them? Any stories of enforcing them to ridiculous lengths?

2. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

Mine are pretty simple:

1. Don't take the last one without asking.
    2. Don't put Kimchi in my fridge.

3. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In college, we had the rules for Kings posted on the wall at all times. It was a big poster board that we hung up in the living room. The only ones I remember was Kings are waterfall, 8 date, 2 dudes, 9 rhyme, and 6 chicks. I never had them memorized because they were always on the wall.

4. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

I don't know how, but Beer pong became very serious business at my house. Normally, loser gets off the table and whoever is next on the list takes over but because of our competitiveness we introduced a rematch system. If you lose, you may propose a rematch and the winners must accept if it is offered. No "retiring on top" bullshit. The team that won the first match has nothing at stake, but if the losers lose again, they choose between taking a double shot or doing 25 pushups. Both team members can choose, as in one person does a double and the other does the pushups, or split up any way the team desires ie. one person does two doubles, or one person does 50 pushups, each team member doing a single shot and 13 pushups etc. If the team that lost the first time wins the second time then both parties can walk away and let the next two teams on the list play or offer a rematch in a similar fashion.

Other rules included: None of that "he's going to drink for me" bullshit. If you're at the table, you're drinking your share. If you get the ball on a rollback, you can take a behind the back shot. Bounce shots = 2 cups. 2 balls in the same cup means game over. One re-rack per game.

My general party rules were never anything interesting. Just the usual: all smoking is done outside, if you're going to throw up, do it in either the toilet or outside, no drugs beyond weed. And last but not least, don't show up empty handed. Alcohol, money, or good looking single women are all appropriate forms of payment.

5. Judas

Judas
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Freshman year of college my suite played a lot of beer pong. My favorite rule that we had was the "troll rule." I haven't met anyone who has played it before, so here goes the explanation.

If you play a game of beer pong without hitting any of the cups, i.e. being a useless partner, you get trolled. When you are trolled you must sit under the table for the entirety of the next game as punishment. You can be untrolled if you are able to grab a ball that falls on the floor, and then toss it up into one of the cups in play from under the table.

Another rule is that redemption (overtime or whatever you want to call it) must always be played 3D. This means you place one cup on top of the 3 cup triangle, and that top cup must be hit before the rest of the cups are can be made. People usually like this initially, but then realize they aren't used to it while we are. Cheap but effective.

Outside of beer pong, there are really no house rules we have except the obvious don't be a shithead or you get thrown out.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

You can have the last beer, you can have the last slice of pizza, but you can't have both. Take both, get hit.

Loading your unused beers back up to take home with you will result in months of merciless cheapskate taunts.

7. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If I bring a 6 pack of Bud (this hasn't happened in years) and have two or three left I'll leave them, but if I brought a bunch of home brewed beer or some good scotch and most of it hasn't been finished you better believe it's coming home with me. I have some friends that are picky drinkers too, so if they leave booze behind I won't let anyone drink it until they come back.

As for the last beer thing, I always have so much on hand that there has never been a last beer, foresight people.

One thing that bugs the shit out of me is wounded soldiers, I haven't implemented it yet but I'm trying to come up with an efficient way to figure out which beer can belongs to who so I can hold people accountable when they crack a new one after five sips of their last.

8. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here you go. Works like a charm.

Just make everyone use a cup instead of their cans.

9. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not sure I could live with myself if I made people drink Natty Light from a cup.

10. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Corallary: If the beer you brought is such swill that the host actually asks you to take it with you when you leave accept the mockery and ridicule you're going to receive until you make amends by bringing high quality hooch the next time.

Focus: Host always controls the remote. Host is always player 1.

11. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

1. I smoke. That bothers you? There's the door.
    2. No glass items in or near the pool. If you're bringing beer over when we're hanging out poolside, bring cans or those nifty "aluminum bottles."
    3. Don't bring other people to my house unannounced. The considerate and respectful thing to do is call ahead and ask. Your meth-head friend may have saved your life, but I really don't want the guy around my kids or in my house.
    4. You have no business going into my office or bedroom. (Stems from the need to create rule #3--meth-head was looking to see what he could help himself to).

Other than that, mi casa es su casa.

12. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A friend of mine had a dirt floor in his basement where the beer pong table was, meaning the ball would get pretty nasty if it hit the floor.

Thus, we instituted a penalty system. Four additional beer cups were poured and set to the side. Every player was provided a hat and each team was responsible for catching the ball when it came off the back side of the table (you didn't have to use the hat for this).

If the ball came off the back end of the table and was missed, the receiving team drank a cup. If the ball came off the side of the table and was missed or if it was clearly not targeted at the cups (i.e. deliberately trying to get the other team to miss), it was a penalty on the throwing team and they had to drink a cup. When the four "penalty" cups were depleted, they had to start cutting into their target cups.

I wish I could count the number of people who bruised and/or bloodied themselves pursuing an errant ball, including one big guy who fell and caught the table just right... and dumped an entire set of cups on his own head.

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Heh. I wish we had those in college. Of course, all the cups would have just been variations of these, every night.

Attached Files:

• cups.JPG
      cups.JPG
      File size:
      12 KB
      Views:
  14. Saint

Saint
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Mine are pretty simple and are just more general about being a human and basic etiquette:

1. Act like a human fucking being. If your the guy that gets sloppy EVERY time and breaks shit....there's the curb.
    2. Respect the fact that this is my home, not some frat house crash pad. You have a little too much...your encouraged to sleep it off on the couch, but don't think your moving in for the weekend.
    3. Bring a 12 pack of Natural light? Fine. I'll have a couple with ya. Just don't be the guy that brings natty and then drinks nothing but everyone's Sam, New Belgian, and Big Foot all night while never touching your swill. Alternate, man, alternate. People are cool, its community beer. Just don't be a dick about it.
    4. Don't bring tweekers to my house uninvited. Matter fact, don't bring anyone uninvited. Have the common decency to ask. "Hey my buddy Tom is in town, you care if I bring him?" Odds are 99.99% it will be fine. Just have the courtesy to ask. (Significant others are the exception to this rule, unless specified)

Edit: I should specify that I have been out of College for a long time, and have a home and family. We don't throw "those" kind of parties anymore.

15. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In college my roommates and I had a system for deciding where to eat.

First, we would determine an order by playing high card. Then, one at a time we add one restaurant to a list (no repeats), after each person has added 3, you go in the same order and cross them off until only 1 remains. Second to last position is the best, since you get the final say. Last position is the worst, since you get 1 fewer vetoes than everyone else, but going last also means not wasting your moves adding or removing things someone else would anyways.

Seems overly complicated for picking a restaurant, but it's a lot faster than "Where do you want to eat?" "I don't care, but not Lai Lai or Olive Garden." The choice was made in less than 5 minutes, and the result was never disputed. Well, never disputed until one of my roommates started invited two obnoxious girls with us everywhere, who would 'agree' to the rules, but then refuse to go unless their favorite place was picked. And then the pussier of my roommates would refuse to go without them, to avoid making them upset, and then we ended up splitting into two groups, and I got to eat at the democratically selected restaurant without annoying girls, so really, it all worked out.

Also, if you use the last of the toilet paper, and there's none of replace it (or you're too lazy), you stand the empty tube up on the toilet seat as a warning to the next person.

16. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The proper way to play Beer Pong

Don't pull a made cup until after both have shot.
    Both made is balls back.
    Same cup is 3 cups + Balls back + a shot of something. (The shot part has been phased out lately, I'm getting old)
    Bouncing (which is for bitches) results in 2 cups, and ridiculing the bouncer.
    If the ball bounces back to you without hitting the ground, you get a behind the back redo.
    3 in a row is fire, shoot till you miss.
    If the other team has made all their cups, you always get a rebuttal. Rebuttal is shoot till you miss.
    Troll, as mentioned in an earlier post, though we've never done the escape troll with a made shot from under the table.

17. jrczj

jrczj
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

- If I'm nice enough to BBQ for you, you can AT LEAST be kind enough to throw out your paper plate, or rinse off your plate if we are using real stuff.

- If we are drinking at my place and you ask me to throw in for beer, you will not be invited over again.

18. seelivemusic

seelivemusic
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

- If it is snowy or slushy outside, take your damn boots off.

- If I run out of tp, hand soap, or anything else please let me know.

- Do not arrange for drug dealers to stop by, just don't.

- Yes, I have roommates and yes their food is in the refer so don't eat something without asking.

- Please do not park in my driveway without asking.

- A good rule of thumb is if you are not sure about something, ask me.

19. Solaris

Solaris
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

My house never really had any rules which was probably why it was such a disaster.

I remember we had a house party one night and well into the next day these sketchy drug dealer guys no-one knew were still sat in our living room. Was fucking weird.

Had to draw the line when I heard some noise in our living room at 2am on a sunday morning, I walked downstairs and saw 5 13year olds had let themselves in and were drinking cider.

20. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Don't you live with your parents? If so, your parents are awesome!