Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Hot or not - male version

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mya, May 31, 2012.

1. Volo

Volo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Y'all are over-thinking this shit, here and in the other thread. I mean, do you guys not ever go outside of whatever vague aesthetic preferences suit you best this week? Fuck me, I don't think I've fucked two girls who look even remotely alike save for being women. I'm all over the map. What I'm into, what gets me riled up, changes on almost a daily basis.

Am I the minority here?

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think it was mentioned but the discussion is more about preference as an ideal, not that is practical in every or even most situations. Shit my overall average is probably closer to curvy/disgusting fat than it is to my ideal. But when you go bar hook up to bar hook up thems is the breaks. My taste do evolve or change how day to day, all things being equal my ideal would still be athletic girls. But I find a variety of body types attractive.

My million dollar idea? Mens only gym as the inverse of Curves, named, Curls. It'll have 18 squat racks in a row for bicep curls. Bench press can be doubled as bench for skull crushers. Two way mirrors all around so the passing public can gawk as they pose for themselves. Straight cash homey.

3. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would fuck the living shit out of that.

That's damn near perfect.

That said, The Guy has always been my grizzly bear. He was, prior to the Army being all fucking asshole-y and shit and making him skinny, 6'2" and 235-240. And hairy. I likes. He's down to 210 now and lost a LOT of muscle during basic. Dislike. I'm REALLY fucking excited for when he has time to get under a barbell again. Muscles are good things.

4. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The other guy. The crossfit guy would be too busy walking on his hands and trying to promote the paleo lifestyle to be dateable.

5. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

This is probably about as muscular as I like 'em (as much as I hate that second pic...who made TB pose like that?). I hate seeing big upper traps, bis and tris. It's a turn-off to me because it seems like a result of pure vanity instead of a by-product of playing a sport or doing a job. That's why the CrossFit or very muscular, "ripped" look is a turn-off to me. Thor does nothing for me.

6. Pussy Galore

Pussy Galore
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I drool over Joe Manganiello. That being said, the guys I usually date or sleep with are either lean muscle or mountain men. Defined legs do more for me than any other area of definition. Bring on the tree trunk legs!

7. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I may be the only female in the world who does not find Tom Brady remotely attractive.

Good hips...a strong hip set is nice. Josh Hamilton's build is pretty spectacular.

8. Trickysista

Trickysista
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

You're not alone. I never saw it. I thought he looked better with longer hair, but he always looks like he's squinting.

9. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Baseball players can have fantastic builds. I agree with Hamilton. Brett Lawrie is probably my ideal physical type. I prefer thicker guys (wide in the shoulders but also thick in the shoulders), although as I've said in the past, my dealbreaker is nice hands. If he doesn't have nice hands, there's no way I could dream of finding him attractive.

10. Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

[​IMG]

I'm probably closer to the "soft and curvy" type than any of the others, although I'm not as fat as the guys in the picture (6'0, about 195). Basically muscular with a barrel chest/little bit of a belly, and a very hairy chest--I'm not one of those guys who shaves their chest but I do stay away from V-neck shirts and wear an undershirt when I'm rocking a polo or button-down. Ideally I'd like to look like the Crossfit guy but don't want to take steroids and don't have the genes to be that ripped naturally (I hope to get that big when I get out of the Army and don't have to worry about distance running any more but will always have a little bit of a gut, almost every male on my dad's side of the family is/was built exactly the same as me).

11. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How would you describe nice man hands?

12. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not at all. I have a definite type. Like if you asked my friends my type, they could tell you immediately, and call girls out as such when we see them. That being said, my "type" has probably accounted for at most a quarter of the girls I've hooked up with.

13. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Ever met a carpenter or a framer? If anyone is going to have nice hands, those guys usually do.

It's the correct combination of good genes (no weird fingernails, well-proportioned) and working with them (strong, calloused). Clean nails, tanned if possible. What's odd is that it's almost impossible to tell from a photograph if someone has nice hands.

I suppose it's a subconscious believe that what you do with your hands governs how they look. If you work hard, and keep them clean, then it speaks a bit to character IMO.

14. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I like it. Height is the main thing I look for and I really dislike the look of muscles. My only thing with body shape is that I prefer guys who gain weight evenly (no barrel chests or moobs, pot bellies, or weird bubble butts), so if he carries a little extra weight well I think it's fine. The boyfriend is 6'1, 190-195ish - I'd say that's perfect for me.

My last two boyfriends had the Levine build and while I do find it attractive, ultimately I find it's usually a little bit too lean for my preferences. I'm pretty average sized but I like to feel tiny compared to a guy, so I'd take a guy with a bit extra on him over a Levine for sure.

15. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"Fit but not bulky"? I think you mean "skinny as fuck".

As lhprop alluded to, working out for girls is what high school kids do. For me (and what I perceive to be a general sentiment among dudes with some level of maturity), guys work out to be strong and to look good/muscular. I don't know if many women give a damn that a dude can squat 4 plates, but the guys in the room are generally thinking, "Shit, that dude's strong." And unlike fashion, strength sometimes matters in the real world.

Brad Pitt as Tyler Durden is also just super lean. He doesn't have a whole lot of muscle mass. Once you get that low on body fat, what your body looks like is very dependent on muscle mass and insertions (where your muscles attach to your bones, aka genetics).
    Fight Club:
    [​IMG]

Snatch:
    [​IMG]

Troy:
    [​IMG]

By the way, since I did this in the other thread:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Before bodybuilders looked like roided-out ninja turtles:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Man, that guy may have one of the most beautiful faces I have ever seen. Shame about the body.

17. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Regarding hands:
    Soft hands on a man are a turn off. They're usually clammy, and it feels weird to be touched by them. It's gross.

I work with barbells and kettlebells all day, I sometimes climb, my hands aren't super dainty, and if a man's hands are softer than mine it weirds me out.

18. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

I appreciate a nice serratus ant, but that IS a waste of a perfectly handsome face. Gross.

19. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

I've had multiple random people (from acquaintances to coworkers) point out that I have soft hands. I don't know that I would consider my hands clammy, mostly because I'm not 14 and this isn't a school dance, but I guess my hands are super man rough.

Perhaps I am too much of a dandy.

20. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have really strong hands. Particularly for a female. If my hands are stronger than a guys...it weirds me out.