Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Hot or not - male version

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mya, May 31, 2012.

1. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As much as I think Adam Levine can be douchey, and as much as I don't really enjoy Maroon 5's music, I'm pleased that a dude almost exactly the same size as me (height, weight, build) can be thought of as some sex icon cause I've come to grips with the fact that I'll never be built like Tyler Durden. So thanks Adam Levine for the ammunition.

2. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The last guy. I like dudes who have hidden muscles. Anyone built like a square pillow filled with bricks is my kryptonite.

Beards and copious amounts of chest hair also will not hurt a man's chances with me.

And the crossfit guy is Joe Manganiello, who may or may not do crossfit for roles, but is definitely famous for nothing more than his hot body.

3. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

I unfairly judged the Asian man. There are some hot Asian guys (like my attractive Vietnamese TA from university).. but they are the exception more often than the rule.

However, in the interests of being concise, I will narrow down my preferences in men to a single song.

#23 Angel_1756, May 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  4. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

WHY NO LOVE FOR MEN SHAPED LIKE BASKETBALLS!?

5. villagebicycle

villagebicycle
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Jeez, I feel the women thread was way more lenient. I guess I'd be 90% soft/bulky 10% cross fit. Jwags, Parker, rachiii, now is a good time to boost my ego...I'm more Adam Levine, right? ...right!? Why do beer and tacos taste so damn good!

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

[​IMG]

There, it's settled. Androgyny for everyone.

7. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As much as I hate to say it, I think you're correct. For the most part, guys (especially the young stupid ones) think they will get women simply by being "more alpha" than the other guys and that being "more alpha" simply means having big pecs and arms. These guys spend hours comparing men's physiques and oogling at guys in muscle mags. They are about as latent as latent homosexual gets.

That's the reason I don't go to a public gym anymore. I was sick of always having guys eyeing me up. I train for sport and to improve performance and because I get a really great buzz from a hard training session. I never really got into the whole jersey shore gay muscle act.

8. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If your face isn't up to standards, forget about what's below it. At least that's my experience.

9. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Actually, the majority of the time from what I've seen guys start working out for women. They try their damndest to get their chest and biceps up because "curls for the girls brah". But then again it's these same guys who, trying to be the BIG DAWG at the gym, will throw on the wifebeater and lay claim to their territory by having the best bench press.
    I mainly train because I love training and really for athletic performance. I usually have ratty T-Shirts that I throw on to train in and it's hilarious when the dude bros at the gym eye me up because I'm squatting or deadlifting. I'm actually pretty strong but my friends crack that I keep it undercover since you can't tell at a glance with a regular shirt on, plus I stopped training for hypertrophy a long time ago.

Edit: Never mind, lhprop said it better than I did. I'm also expanding my "if I were gay" vote to him because he's super manly.

10. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Fit but not bulky. Adam Levine is pretty close to physical perfection. I'm a fan of swimmer and soccer player body types. Lean muscle that doesn't look gym-ratty.

11. rbz90

rbz90
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

My best friend pretty much looks like this guy.

[​IMG]

We had a talk about it once and his girlfriend said that she goes nuts for that kind of man. I've heard a lot of girls mention that. He's clearly large and muscular but he has a lot of fat on him as well.

Personally my body is pretty much the same as Levines. 6'2 180lbs. I can't say I've heard girls say they like this type a lot, I always figured that most women viewed it as: "There's nothing wrong with it but nothing great about it either." Which seems fair enough, I still got my massive 6 inch dick.

EDIT: If I was one a them gay fellers I'd go with Tom Hardy in Warriors body.

[​IMG]

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Which one is the last guy? There are two different dudes in that picture. The one on the left seems to fit your description, but the one on the right has a pretty healthy gut. His muscles are hidden really well.

13. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We need to direct all the "Curls for the Girls Brah" guys in here then so they can see what women really like.

Regarding Katokoch's comment about what is above the neck, yes, I do think that women place quite of emphasis on the face. Somebody repped me about how that first dude's unfortunate face wouldn't matter because of his horrible body in response to a comment that I made that I wish I had found a better face for the skinny fat guy. To be honest, that is a pretty common body type, and if he was Adam Levine from the neck up, wearing jeans and a shirt, I bet he would still be able to turn a girl's head.

14. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Between this and the 7 minutes thread, we're more than halfway to a male swimsuit thread.

Diablo, I'm looking at you buddy.

15. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Prepare your vagina for a finger whuppin', lil missy. <a class="postlink" href="http://70sbig.com/hall-of-fame/doug-young/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://70sbig.com/hall-of-fame/doug-young/</a>

You're welcome.

16. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

Zangief?

[​IMG]

17. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

If I can use sweeping generalizations here, what I've been noticing from all of the conversations about body type preferences on here is that the female members tend to be more accepting of the idea that there's more than one type of attractive. Even though that tends to get interpreted by many male members as "The only type of attractiveness is when they aren't the standard type of attractive," it always reads to me as "Yeah, I like a guy/girl that's fit but there are also all these other types of bodies that are attractive too."

That being said, almost everyone who's posted here has had a specific body type that they favor, though. We all have our favorite body type, but I don't think it equals more forgiving just because we aren't all choosing the crossfit guy. There are plenty of body types that wouldn't be for me, personally, and that seems to be the case with the other ladies as well.

I have been trying SO. HARD. Ok, I guess I haven't been trying too hard, but I have been thinking hard about it.

18. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The crossfit guy is on True Blood. I felt the need to tell you all that because you were asking if he is an actor. He's on True Blood.

Focus: I like guys with a little bit of meat on them. My main FWB in college was really skinny in high school, and then put on some weight after graduating. He was really upset about it, but I thought it was sexy. I tend to go after guys with a little bit of muscle tone and some bulk. In Fantasyland, I like Johnny Depp and Paul Newman. If you have the body of either of these men, I am all over it.

19. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Finally, a little respect. Check your pm's for swimsuit pics.

20. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

To be honest, when I first met you, I thought you were the dude from Thor with a much creepier moustache.