Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Horses and Women

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gatling, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Gatling

Gatling
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

As I mentioned on the Pop Culture Book Club thread I just finished Cormac McCarthy's All the Pretty Horses.

Among the many nuggets in the novel is this gem:

"A goodlookin horse is like a goodlookin woman, he said. They're always more trouble than what they're worth. What a man needs is just one that will get the job done."

Focus. Is he right?

2. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

Attached Files:

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

All I can say is do NOT Google for "horse woman".

[rnsfw][/rnsfw]

Or do. Whatever floats your boat.

Attached Files:

4. M4A1

M4A1
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Off Focus: Horse people are weird. Horses for the vast majority of them are a luxury. They're big, needy dogs. When I say horse people, I am talking about the show/dressage types of people. CRAZY. I grew up with horses. As much fun as they are, they're alot of work and expense.

Focus: As far as the comparison between a beautiful horse and women, I am always reminded of the saying: No matter how fine she is, some man, somewhere is tired of her shit.

5. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was really hoping this thread was about Mr. Hands. But then I realized that would have been called horses and men.

6. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    I think you're giving the guys on this board a bit too much credit.

7. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Alt Focus: I am a "horse girl" and have seen some fucked up rich people. I have had money and I haven't had money, I don't let that shit define me or my personal value. I love horses, broke them for years for fancy rich fucks. The reason I was so good at it is that I was honest with the animals and did not get involved in the show horse lifestyle.

And yeah, horses are expensive. One barn I worked at had a horse murdered to collect insurance money. She was insured for $2 million and wasn't performing on the track. So they put golf balls in her nostrils and let her suffocate. Horrible.

8. Devils Advocate

Devils Advocate
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Alt Focus: I am a full blown horse girl. I have been around horses my entire life. Both me and my sister have gone through many different horse phases. We have gone through: showing Paso Fino horses, show jumping with warmbloods and thoroughbreds, dressage, barrel racing, cutting, team penning, roping, to just trail riding in the woods. We have had everything from gaited horses to appaloosas. My sister adores the show ring. She helped train a horse that grew up to be worth millions. His stud fee is outrageous. They ship his semen all over the world.

I am more laid back. Last weekend, I was riding one of my geldings through chest deep water, bareback. Am I obsessive about my horses? No. Do I adore them? Yes. They are my hobby. I will ride my horse to the bar down the road, and get wasted. My horse can drink just as much Jack Daniels as I can. The bartender will buy him drinks. My gelding's bloodlines are out of one of the top sires in the world for Quarter Horses. Am I a snob? Fuck no.

Stereotyping is rude.

9. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Meh, I find the not-as-attractive ones fuck more enthusiastically and give better head.

As for women, I'm not sure.

10. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that...

11. Devils Advocate

Devils Advocate
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Yeah, yeah, whatever. You are just jealous that you don't get paid $2000.00 everytime you cum. Yes, they do artificial insemination with horses. It's okay, cityslicker. Did you giggle when you read it too?

12. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think envious would be a better word.

I'm not a cityslicker, I'm a farmer. And yes, I giggle every time I hear horse/livestock people talk about semen. It's fucking funny.

13. jordan_paul

jordan_paul
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Agreed. My aunt and uncle own one of the biggest private riding stables in South Western Ontario so I used to see these people almost everyday. They are the needest, wineyest dumbest people Ive ever met. They have no quams about spending $25 000 on their $1500 horses vet bills, yet they bitch about the price of board.

14. Finn

Finn
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I don't want to completely derail the thread here, but the only thing worse than horse people are DOG people. I don't mean those that just love their dogs and treat them well (normal) but the dog obedience/show/breeder people. Holy shit. If you haven't seen the crazy for yourself, go to a dog show sometime. I don't know whether the way they act or the way they dress is worse.

I say this from experience, having tried to buy a dog from a 'responsible breeder'. After I said I wanted a say in what puppy I got they went batshit insane and refused to sell me one at all. And that's just the tip of the iceberg as most want to conduct home visits, specify what you can and cannot feed, when you can vaccinate, etc.

15. jrussellmikkelsen

jrussellmikkelsen
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Sooooo... you don't swallow.

16. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And unlike human sperm banks, horses don't have to pay child support.