Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Homeland - Season 2

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Roxanne, Oct 2, 2012.

1. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can't tell if you're being serious. Both of you just now realized he is Inigo Montoya?

2. Capital

Capital
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I had no idea.

I'm hoping for a plot twist: Abu Nazir actually killed Saul's father, so Saul stabs him to death with a rapier in the season 3 finale.

3. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mandy Patinkin has been around for ages. He's mostly known, I believe, as a stage actor. I think he also sings. Wow, I'm old.

4. Aristotle

Aristotle
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I've only known him from Criminal Minds.

Whatchya'll thinks behind that door?

5. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not a damn thing. Nazir is smart enough to know that Carrie would summon help at the earliest. Why stay in a known location?

But here's the real subplot: Only Carrie and Brody know the VP's death wasn't natural.

6. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Given the scenes for next week, he's obviously flown the coop with some help. I think it's way too obvious to make Saul the mole, but then again, we know nothing about him at all.

I hope the next two episodes are just a barrage of fucked up shit that is revealed.

7. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That wrapped up nicely. Now to lay down plot for next year.

8. Kerbunked

Kerbunked
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

That's what I'm wondering. With Walden and Nazir out of the picture, what is Brody's motivation to do anything anymore? Both characters had so much emotional pull on him. The only person he cares about at this point is Carrie.

9. Capital

Capital
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Presumably, they can't actually let Quinn kill Brody. I'm hoping they ramp up the conflict between Saul and Estese (?) for next season.

10. Aristotle

Aristotle
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

You shan't get your wish, my boy.

11. bean

bean
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

That was a pretty killer episode.

12. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And quite the explosive finale.

Though it did seem to just come out of nowhere; it's not like we ever got a whiff of anyone above Nazir, or that there'd be a "deadman's switch" strategy in play.
    Finally, exactly how do they plan to do season 3 with Carrie Matheson serving life in Guantanamo? Or is there some miracle alibi that will blind Saul to the fact that
    1) Carrie and Brody were both there
    2) Carrie then left the building (heavily implying that Brody did as well, just in case there isn't any off-site security footage or nothing)
    3) Carrie came back alone

I'm just sayin'. Hope these guys didn't sacrifice narrative integrity for the sake of a cliffhanger. There's a lot of that going around.

13. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Saul doesn't think Brody is a terrorist anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if he covers it up, if he even finds out about it. He knows Carrie is an idiot when it comes to Brody, but he also knows that it isn't definitive that Brody was responsible for the attack. He's got a soft spot for her and I won't be surprised if he has the same conflict this next season that Carrie had in the first.

I just hope Quinn doesn't go away completely. He's a pretty interesting dude.

14. littlefoot789

littlefoot789
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I haven't read the entire thread, because I'm only on episode 4 of season 2, but does anyone else find it strange that Brody's wife calls him by his last name? It's thrown me off on their relationship since the pilot.

15. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

She's known him since they were young. Presumably, everyone in his life calls him Brody.

16. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just rewatched the final episode again. I think Saul's knowing/thinking that Brody isn't a terrorist is more than just a soft spot for Carrie. For all her fucking batshit crazy antics and reckless sexual decisions, she's been fucking spot on as an intelligence officer. So even if there was doubt, her being right about Brody initially, and then further right about Nazir has given her credibility there. So I think Saul will take her at her word about Brody's situation. Her aiding him in escaping investigation is a bit more muddy, but if its between the two of them, I think Saul, in his new elevation of power, can keep that under wraps.

Also, Saul's line to Carrie about her being " the smartest and dumbest fucking person I have ever known" was perhaps the best line of the series so far, and also the most spot on in describing her.

17. Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

"7 SWAT officers were killed in a meth lab raid gone horribly wrong"