Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Homeland - Season 2

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Roxanne, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Kerbunked

Kerbunked
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Friends heaping praise on this show got me to tune in and I watched the entire first season and caught up with the current season in about 36 hours. I am in LOVE with this show. I have no idea what the fuck they're going to do from here but I know they they won't fuck it up with useless side stories for characters that aren't important to the main plot anymore like some shows I used to love (cough cough Boardwalk Empire).

Something big is going to go down and I can't wait.

2. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can't decide if she fucked up, or if she really did, "See something in his eyes."

3. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: Re: Homeland - Season 2

This is a perfect statement about the show, it is better in almost every way than Boardwalk, not counting the lamest ending to a season ever.

4. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: Re: Homeland - Season 2

I dropped out on BWE halfway through the first season. I found it boring and uninspired. Such a great premise and great characters and they did nothing with them.

5. Capital

Capital
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I'm really curious why we're spending so much time with Brody's daughter. She's likeable, but I could really give a shit who her high school boyfriend is going to be. Of course, I didn't really understand her relevance in the first season either.... Until she single-handedly thwarted a suicide bombing.

6. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Because eventually we're going to have to have more of a focus than just Brody and Carrie.

I give a shit about Dana. She's treading in even more unfamiliar territory than her mom. She still thinks she can just act like a normal kid, but you don't mouth off to the VP of America the way she did and escape unscathed. It will be interesting to see her start to navigate the weird depraved world of being a political child.

Also I'm pretty sure the VP's kid is into some fucked up shit, given his hard-on for Thomas Jefferson's ability to own slaves and get it on with them, and his reference to her as Sally.

7. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So this household here has just powered through the first season and all the way to the current episode. All I have to say is 'Holy fuck!'. I love this show. It takes the pacing of Breaking Bad and some of the frenetic action of 24 and I love it.

What I don't understand though is the last episode. She fucked up a whole op based on a 'look' when she's just gotten back in to the CIA? Come on son. I know she's crazy but that is out of character crazy.

8. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

She's always been that way, even before she was let out of the CIA. Everyone knows she's an unreliable agent that gets results, which I think is why they impressed so much that the new guy was 'reliable' as his leading quality.

9. Capital

Capital
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

The "look in his eye" thing played well into the nature of her psychological struggle. Remember her explaining the problem - "I've never been so sure, and so wrong... So I started to doubt every decision I made". Now that she's been vindicated, I bet we start to see a lot more flash judgments that might seem impulsive. She's making up for however many months she spent torturing herself for being wrong when she wasn't.

I still don't know what the daughter's deal is. It isn't like her political connections are going to last much longer. Agree that the veep's son is a sociopath, though. And probably abused (see: his reaction to her telling off his dad)

10. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think Damian Lewis and Claire Danes just won every award ever with that interrogation scene. Sweet Jesus.

11. mad5427

mad5427
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

That episode was amazing. It played out just like I thought it could, but not nearly in the way I imagined. Such good writing and acting. The dynamic between those two is as good as I've seen on tv. The dynamic between Brody and his wife is fantastic. I thought Claire Daines was the best actor/actress on the show, but he just keeps getting better and better.

I don' think I've ever hated and rooted for a character like I have for him. He's so broken and confused and her speech to him in the interrogation made him very sympathetic. For all the evil he's done or planned on doing, they have done a great job of bringing him back to that pure grey middle that this show tows so well.

My favorite shows seem to be the ones they tow or towed that grey line. The Wire, Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, The Shield, Dexter, Justified, Deadwood, Game of Thrones and this. Just great tv where the line between good and bad is so very blurred and both or all sides are explored in all lights.

12. Aristotle

Aristotle
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Holllllyyyy motherfucking shit.

13. Kerbunked

Kerbunked
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!

14. bean

bean
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Shit. Just. Got. Real.

15. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I love this show. I've always thought it was ridiculous that if you were outnumbered in a shootout, you wouldn't play possum until your assailants left. Now I feel vindicated that it's actually a good plan.

16. Capital

Capital
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Kind of a slow episode. Brody is a bitch, though. I'd have fucked Clare Danes in the woods, even if I was "getting used" (What does that even mean? You're not in Guantanamo, asshole)

I'm curious how it would play out if 7 CIA officers were killed on American soil in real life.

17. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Duh, bomb Iran.

Brody is sexy as hell. Nothing like horrible psychological problems to make a man attractive. It's pretty tragic for Dana though, learning that there is a different class of people with different standards in the world. I figure she turns to heavy drinking and slutting soon.

18. Aristotle

Aristotle
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Anybody see the Homeland spoof on 'SNL'? I'd say it's a mildly entertaining 4 minutes.. spoofing the daughter's the funniest part.

It's not on Youtube but here's a link: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.hulu.com/watch/423747" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.hulu.com/watch/423747</a>

19. Capital

Capital
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Holy. Fucking. Shit. Have any of you guys been getting the 'where do I know that guy from?' feeling from the actor that plays Saul Berensen?

I checked imdb about 4 times to make sure I wasn't crazy:

[​IMG]

20. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

WHATTTTTTTTT.

Easily the biggest reveal in Homeland's history, past and future included.

You seriously just blew the fuck out of my mind.