Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Holiday Drunk Thread- Easter/Spring Break 2010

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Dog, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

Seeing as how some of you are winding down towards the end of your spring breaks, and some of you are just about to start, and I'm about 2 hours away from just having a day off (Woo Hoo!), we might as well get the ball rolling.

Tomorrow I'm planning on hosting my 2nd Annual Good Friday Meat-Off at my house (we drink a bunch of beer and cook all kinds of meat, and then invite our Catholic friends over), so I'm going to try a new bbq pulled pork recipe that will go all night in the crock pot to be ready for lunch tomorrow. I'm also planning on making my own kansas city-style sauce to go with it. If its not a complete disaster, I'll come back and share it with yall.

This is also the weekend where my buddy that I have talked about before(The Disposable Heroes Project- donate if you can and make Zombie Jesus happy) sets out on his 100 mile run. There is a large downtown block party dedicated to this even tonight, so I'm probably going to go and show my support while downing cheap margaritas and feeling like a dickhead because I can't run further than 3 miles straight, and I've been working out now for 3 months.

But, that not withstanding, I don't give a damn if syrup goes to a dollar a sop, I'm getting drunk tonight. Yippie!

2. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The best part about Easter is eating cute baby animals for dinner.

3. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

4. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I fail to see how this differs from the other 364 days of the year.

5. Tuesday

Tuesday
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Om Nom Nom Nom Nom?

This has been the week from hell. 3 tests, 2 labs, 4 hw assignments. Last night was my only night off this week. Been going 8-11 every day. Test and a class tomorrow, then I called off work and I'm relaxing all afternoon, hopefully get the bike washed and oil changed. I'm thinking I'll pull my steaks outta the freezer for tomorrow as well. Then home for Easter. All you pricks starting your weekend tonight, have a drink on me.

6. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No other holiday encourages eating baby animals. Thanksgiving turkeys are not baby turkeys. Nor are Christmas turkeys. 4th of July hot dogs are a bit of a toss-up. Probably made of last year's leftover firecracker casings. But Easter lambs are a whole other category.

Today me and a buddy discovered which student in our faculty wrote up the entirety of the wikipedia page about it and our building. She was extremely fat, broke some bones in her leg, had to move around with a scooter and then had to drop back a year because medical stuff got in the way of school. By tracing her username around we found her list of goals. One of them, which she indicated she had completed, was skinny-dipping.

Hilarity all round.

7. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's where you went wrong. You're looking to your calendar for permission. Baby animals are edible year-round. Just ask this guy and this guy.

8. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As per wikipedia, the origin of the rabbit and the egg coloring. Kinda long:

The Easter Bunny as an Easter symbol bringing Easter eggs seems to have its origins in Alsace and the Upper Rhineland, both then in the Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation, and southwestern Germany, where it was first recorded in a German publication in the early 1600s. The first edible Easter Bunnies were made in Germany during the early 1800s and were made of pastry and sugar.
    The Easter Bunny was introduced to America by the German settlers who arrived in the Pennsylvania Dutch country during the 1700s.[4] The arrival of the "O_ster Haws_e" (a phonetic transcription of a dialectal pronunciation of the German Osterhase) was considered one of "childhood's greatest pleasures," similar to the arrival of Kriist Kindle (from the German Christkindl) on Christmas Eve.
    According to the tradition, children would build brightly colored nests, often out of caps and bonnets, in secluded areas of their homes. The "O_ster Haws_e" would, if the children had been good, lay brightly colored eggs in the nest. As the tradition spread, the nest has become the manufactured, modern Easter basket, and the placing of the nest in a secluded area has become the tradition of hiding baskets. [5]

The precise origin of the ancient custom of coloring eggs is not known, although evidently the blooming of many flowers in spring coincides with the use of the fertility symbol of eggs - and eggs boiled with some flowers change their color, bringing the spring into the homes. Many Christians of the Eastern Orthodox Church to this day typically dye their Easter eggs red[7], the color of blood, in recognition of the blood of the sacrificed Christ (and, of the renewal of life in springtime). Some also use the color green, in honor of the new foliage emerging after the long dead time of winter.
    German Protestants wanted to retain the Catholic custom of eating colored eggs for Easter, but did not want to introduce their children to the Catholic rite of fasting. Eggs were forbidden to Catholics during the fast of Lent, which was the reason for the abundance of eggs at Easter time.[8]
    The idea of an egg-laying bunny came to the United States in the 18th century. German immigrants in the Pennsylvania Dutch area told their children about the "Osterhas," sometimes spelled "Oschter Haws." "Hase" means "hare," not rabbit, and in Northwest European folklore the "Easter Bunny" indeed is a hare, not a rabbit. According to the legend, only good children received gifts of colored eggs in the nests that they made in their caps and bonnets before Easter.[9] In 1835, Jakob Grimm wrote of long-standing similar myths in Germany itself. Grimm suggested that these derived from legends of a goddess called Ostara,[10] but as a romanticist, he tried to connect contemporary customs to pre-Christian traditions, knowing that no written sources of that time existed. Additionally, a goddess of that name is only mentioned in a single ancient source giving an ambiguous statement about an Ostara month.

9. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I have a feeling the talk tonight with Angela is going to be bad. Which makes me more inclined to get utterly shitfaced this entire weekend! Which could provide for an interesting night tomorrow night when we go out for my birthday (Angela is included in this group).

10. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Who the hell is Angela and why should we know/care? You're a freaker fleafly. And Happy Birthday! I'm done.

11. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I get to hide eggs for my nephews this year. Each year as the oldest grows we hide them in even more complicated places and he loves it. Last year it took an hour for him to find all 20 of them.

12. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Angela is the lady in my life and no you shouldn't know her or care who the hell she is. Just figured I'd state the reason for my impending drunkenness. What the hell is a freaker?

Thanks for the Bday wishes.

13. uzisuicide

uzisuicide
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I work for an agency that doesn't give us good Friday off. But you know what? It's sunny and 80 degrees in GA today. I'm drinking beer on the back porch, tomorrow morning be damned.

14. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

Well I still have a fuck ton of work to do so I decided to go to the liquor cabinet and try out a drink I was recently told about. It's called the four horsemen so it has to be good right? With a name like that it'll put hair on your chest whether you're a man or a woman. It's basically a shot which is 1/4 Jim Beam, 1/4 Jack Daniels, 1/4 Johnnie Walker and 1/4 Jamesons. Had to substitute Glenfiddich for the Jamesons but wow. One hell of a shot.

15. Queen-Bee

Queen-Bee
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I worship at the paws of this bunny. Happy Easter Cork Bunny!

Attached Files:

16. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    I'm hitting up Wild Turkey with Soda water tonight, again. Tasty, but the soda is kinda flat, Weird, since I only opened the bottle earlier this evening.

Tomorrow I'll be putting away some wine. 2 or 3 bottles. Yep, I'll be sleeping in on Saturday.

17. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

[​IMG]
    Chicks.

I got an email the other day here is one of the pics that was in it and the subject matter.
    Now one would think that if that's real the cats have to be sedated to do this. Also most know that sedating anything or anyone too often is not exactly in the best interest of the pet in this case. So why? I mean yeah why pops into my head instantly but then I thought about that and definitely had a what the fuck moment. The cost is a whole different issue. People are loony. Some so much so they make even some of us feel normal and that's saying a lot.

Attached Files:

18. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Some people get Good Friday off?

My favorite bunny....look he is clapping! Man, I am a sap

[​IMG]

19. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    Yes. Some of us have to be up at 5.30am. Which explains why I am drinking...

Time for a refill.

20. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Want to hear a good April Fool's joke? I will be sober tonight...

NOT!

This weekend is all kinds of fucked though. Library closed, internet hasn't been working for the last week, two large papers due on Monday... Bad Combo. Maybe I'll just go on a bender in protest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.