Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Hold my man card, I need a drink

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Revengeofthenerds, May 23, 2014.

1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Whenever I get down on myself about Texas not having the same quantity or quality of microbrews seemingly every. single. other. fucking. state. has, I go to the nearest convenience store and am reminded that in this state you will more easily find at least 4 different varieties of Shiner than you will the regular Blue Moon.

Mods: thanks for letting these threads go off-topic and crap. Keeps them interesting, and hell, if people wanna keep talking about something, thanks for letting us keep talking!

2. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

Whiskey became my favorite liquor a couple of years ago, and I've been mostly drinking whiskey gingers since then, or an Old Fashioned or other fun cocktail if I'm in the mood/budget for that kind of thing. I've recently decided that I want to actually learn about it and develop a knowledge and vocabulary for the whole whiskey/bourbon/Scotch/rye world like I did with beer so that I can drink it a bit more consciously. So I've started drinking not-bottom-shelf kinds neat or on the rocks, and nothing has ever made me feel more manly.

I don't drink vodka, and I think the vast majority of stereotypical girly drinks are made with it, so I've never really felt like a particularly girly drinker. But what I DO drink now and then and just can't help but love are those stupid Lime-o-rita/Rasp-erita etc things in the cans. I can't even make it through one of those without turning into a silly, giggly mess who just wants to yell WWWOOOOOOO and dance and kiss people, or at the very least watch a romcom while gossiping and grinning like an idiot. And I am NOT ASHAMED. (Okay, I'm pretty ashamed.)

Also, I love peach Andre. Not sorry about that one at all.

3. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you have beverage principles other than "limit the damage" you're pretty suspect in my book.

I only really try to stay away from the sugary stuff, for calories and hangover. Can't drink much currently cause of my living situation, it's hell.

4. TJMax

TJMax
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Real men like their alcohol to taste like shit. I am not a real man, so go ahead and tear up my man card while I drink my geigh fruity drink.

5. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

With pleasure. Me and the rest of the rednecks wearing wife beaters tucked into our jorts will mock you for ordering a manhattan instead of a beer. God help you if you order an IPA, that ain't beer, thats just girly shit pretending to be beer.

[​IMG]

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I think you mean Heffes. IPAs, as far as "manliness" goes, are imo in the same category as oil dark stouts. Except their abv packs a heavier punch.

7. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Good point. If there's fruit in the beer, its not beer (according to my redneck persona).

8. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't do it often, and take my man card if you must but a day like today, 80 without a cloud in the sky, just finished yard work (the sprinkler is running on my new grass seed, and about to clean off my new (to me) patio set. Tell me that doesn't scream Corona with a lime? Oh yes my friend, I'm not getting scurvy but I will be getting drunk.

Disclaimer: this is not indicative of my normal drinking habits and is just a craving that will be satisfied. That it happens to be delicious is just a bonus.

9. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Theres no man card taken away because the type of drink you have is based on the occasion. You wouldn't have a Guiness right now. Just the same as a cup of coffee would be inappropriate.

10. littlefoot789

littlefoot789
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Also, Corona without a lime is entirely undrinkable. Lime is an ingredient, not a garnish here.

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I thought when you say you're having a corona, the lime is implied?

Now people who salt their beer, I'll never understand. Salt is for fries, not alcohol.

12. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Speaking of salt, I can get down with salt for a margarita, but I've never understood the "lick, shoot, spit" ritual or whatever the fuck it is for tequila shots. Same thing with Blue Moon and orange slices. Don't believe the marketing gimmicks, people.

Cucumber for a gin & tonic is something I've been meaning to try, though.

13. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Cucumber in (whatever vodka drink it was in) gives the drink a fresh and clean taste. That's the best description I can give it. I would think it would be good in gin too. Make that happen and I think you'll be glad you did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Just do a cucumber in gin, neat. Throw a bunch of ice in the glass first, swirl it around to get the glass cold, then pitch the ice. Pour gin. Add a few cucumber slices.

Cucumber and gin goes together like sex and payment.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Mmmm hmmm. I think best cucumber garnishes go with Pimm's. particularly Pimm's Cup no. 1 and no. 19. There's also a cocktail called a Green Cucumber that's mixed with melon liqueur, lime juice, sugar syrup and spiced with a chili.

16. john_b

john_b
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Also Hendrick's Gin goes well with a cucumber.

17. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This conversation has veered a little, so apropos of nothing; long beaches are delicious fuck what ya heard.