Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

HIMYM Season 7

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by fleafly, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Chirpy

Chirpy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Aw, you're right. I oftentimes enjoy reading a thread about a show I regularly watch before I watch the most recent episode. It makes so much sense.

Sorry I bruised your e-ego. I really hope the writing of this show gets better in the next few episodes just for your sake...you seem like you need a good hearty laugh to help you wiggle the stick out of your ass.

2. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Wait, I'm a little behind on HIMYM: Who is Marshall?

If you go to wikipedia, the last episode of the season is described as a flash-forward, which makes me think that Barney isn't going to marrying Quinn after all. Which I think is a good thing, because she's flat and boring.

3. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For those who saw the season finale:
    I definitely did not see that episode going down that way. We have to still find out next season why Quinn and Barney do not work, and also why Victoria and Ted split. Those both will suck up about 6 episodes total. So, next season's open or finale will show the Barney-Robin wedding where Theodore first meets his wife.

As for today, the Marshall vs. ATM machine was pretty funny, especially the Legend of Zelda screen. That whole what's in the closet thing wasn't funny and was just filler. The magicians code sequence was funny though, and up until the ring, the magic trick was a good laugh.

4. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I only saw the second half and am glad I did.

I love how the show fucks with my expectations, generally. Reminded me of the episode with Robin's kids.

I unfortunately see the wedding (and the 'meeting') as the last episode of the series.

5. Chirpy

Chirpy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

So so so happy Robin is the bride but sadly if this show has taught me anything its that any twist is possible. I do love Barney and Robin together. They really have that flirtation and friendship and appreciation for one another. Id really hate to see her not say I do.

Why can't Victoria be the one for Ted? I'm sure I'm missing some detail but he met the wife at a friend's wedding. Didn't they meet at a wedding as well? Set me straight here.

6. hawkeyenick

hawkeyenick
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I would presume that if Victoria was in the Econ. class Ted was mistakenly teaching, he would have noticed her in there. Also, last year's finale at least suggested (maybe outright said, I can't recall) that Ted met the mother at Barney's wedding.

7. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Also, she lived with that girl Ted turned into a lesbian. I think that at one point, had Victoria been living with the girl, the girl would have been like, "So I am seeing this new guy, Ted. He is an architect" and Vikky would have pieced it together.

Anyway, the whole running away with Victoria pissed me off. The whole point of the series is that Ted is a whiny douche, and the story is him evolving into the person he needed to be to meet the mother. He seemed like he was getting there, and then to go off with her; to help to leave another guy just as devastated as he was is a regression. Well, we will see how it turns out.

8. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

I really did not like the season finale. I thought it felt rushed, disjointed, and ultimately obvious. Furthermore, Ted ruining a wedding feels less like parralelism and more like hypocrisy.

9. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Especially after he said he couldn't do it for that exact reason, and how he knew how it felt to be on the other side. Then to do it anyway?

Marshall went from extremely drunk to sober pretty quickly

10. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hero of Time.