Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

HIMYM Season 7

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by fleafly, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Veovis

Veovis
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

If that was the case his kids would have stopped watching around season 5 of "Dads a whiny bitch" I'd maybe give it up as I don't really even get chuckles anymore but it's like reading a shitty book. I still want to get to the end just because.

2. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I remember the kids at points asking questions and conversing with the narrator that is Ted. But hey, shows have done weirder thing. I think it would be a kind of twist for twist's sake, it wouldn't really add anything to the show (at this point, that is).

3. Veovis

Veovis
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The kids had probably just "eaten a really big sandwich" and were just talking to the TV

4. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The release schedule of this show is pants-on-head retarded. No new episode until Mar 19.

5. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So, did the writers forget about Ted's house like I did? Why have him squat in the campus building? Whatever, I for one welcome the new Quinn. She is hot, funny, and just like Barney. I got sick of the romantical Barney of recent months real fast. I still don't know if she's the bride and can't really figure it out. Does anyone know how many episodes are left this season? That would kind of cement it all in place.

And what was up with Ted saying that he won't see Robin for a while at the start?

6. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Don't you remember Ted's house being a total shithole? It's weird that he's hanging out in the dorms, but the last time we saw his house in the present it was a disaster and needed a lot of work.
    I think it's weird that they're making such a big deal of the Ted-Robin thing. I felt like he professed his love out of desperation, not because he's actually in love with her. It seemed like a "Wow That Was A Mistake. What Was I Thinking? Moment.

7. Chirpy

Chirpy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Hmmm...
    Well,
    My answer might ruin it for everyone.
    Here goes.
    Yes. I remember.
    Glad I spoilered that. Phew.
    Now that I got that out of my system, I am really wondering about the whole theory of the mother being Barney's sister.

Has Barney ever met these siblings? If not, then I'm cool with it. But if so, there are a ton of other instances where Ted has "almost" bumped into the mother. In the Saint Patrick's Day episode where he and Barney get a free pass from the universe, she was there as well as other occasions where they could've met. Wouldn't Barney have seen her and at least bought her a shot?

I love the theory, though. I'm anxiously awaiting the end of the season. I'm still shocked that Barney and Quinn are moving in together but then again, I'm still wrapping my head around him actually getting married as well.

8. AbsentMindedProf

AbsentMindedProf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Barney only met his dad last season, and while a sister has been mentioned she's never been shown in any of the Barney/Dad episodes. Barney has met his half brother though, and I would think at this point Barney has probably met her off screen, but hasn't seen her when he was with Ted. Now that I think about it, they've really dropped that whole Barney meeting his dad thing. You think they would at least have a few cameos from Jon Lithgow every now and then.

9. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Last episode seemed to set up blonde stripper as the one Barney will wed. It makes sense with only 4 episodes until his wedding that it is resolved now; however I wouldn't write off a Robin curve ball.

10. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Yeah, but did you notice that 2015 Barney didn't let his left hand be clearly seen? Just because there's a wedding doesn't mean people are getting married.

11. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

If you are as curious as I am (and watched the show on a computer), you can actually see that he's not wearing a ring if you pause it at around 20:33.

I assume that that detail means nothing, but it's true.

12. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This show is meticulous with details. The go back to episodes 5 years prior and pull up random shit that seemingly matters. If you don't think they're meticulous with details, just watch any of the scenes where Marshall is back home in Minnesota. All of the beer they drink is Grain Belt Premium, the unofficial Official beer of Minnesota. Now that, folks, is details.

13. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

<a class="postlink" href="http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/04/11/how-i-met-your-mother-boss-talks-triology-time-teases-satisfying-finale/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/04/11/how-i ... ng-finale/</a>

If you caught a glimpse of Barney's finger with no ring, that was unintentional.

14. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ok, I like the Barney's sister idea, as the whole keeping it in the family thing seems like it would work nicely, but I kinda see something like this happening:

Barney marries the skipper, I mean, stripper. They are at the reception, Lily goes into labor, Ted is the only one to keep a cool head and guide everyone through the situation, chick EMT comes in after 911 is called, and boom. That is how he meets the mother.

15. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just watched the "Now we're even" episode and I think it's one of the best I can remember. It's the first time since probably the episode where Barney thought he was the predator that I laughed.

16. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

I read somewhere that Barney's wedding episode is actually a flash-forward, which god I hope indicates that it's not Quinn.

17. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Like how they had Marshall smoking during last weeks episode, calling back to the episode where they said he had his last one on the day his first child was born.

18. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was hoping that scene showing Marshall throwing the chips in the air was him winning millions of dollars or something. But alas, it was just a drunk guy.

19. Chirpy

Chirpy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

There. Fixed that for ya. Great revelation in that spoiler. Would've ruined the whole thing for me. Phew!

FOCUS: This past episode I found to be slow and so predictable. It's the first time that I really thought that the writing fell short and that they just needed to further plot. I usually enjoy those "filler" episodes as there's a ton of gold in there. Sadly this episode was chock full of possibilities and instead they went with the "whoops, the dad isn't there for the birth, hi-jinx ensue!" boring old storyline. I'll even go as far as a possible shark-jumper.

On a positive note, I absolutely adored the "palate cleanser" label...that's what HIMYM does best. Genius.

20. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know, right? It's like the whole "Snape Kills Dumbledore" thing. I mean, it doesn't even involve Harry, so who cares?. Besides, the whole mentor getting killed thing was done to death already way back when Obi-Wan bit it.

Fuck me for thinking that some people might have DVR'd the show and didn't want to accidentally read how it ended a day after it aired. Kudos to you for seeing it coming, though. You win 5 internets.