Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

HIMYM Season 7

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by fleafly, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Veovis

Veovis
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I recall at the start of the Kal Penn episodes he mentions something about how ex's can't all hang out like that and be friends, and Bob Saget voices over "we didn't know it then kids but he was right" or something else.

I think their going to have Barney profess his love again or something for Robin and then they all hate each other for a whole episode just to make it "Deep" and tie up that comment from the start of the year.

However I am getting to the point that it would be really fun if the entire "sitting and telling this story to the kids" was a way to explain why their father is a total fucktard and that is why he now has to move out.

"You see kids that’s how I finally met your mother and due to all those crazy neurotic issues your mother has finally got tired of all my shit so you can reach me at your Uncle Marshals"

2. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

This was a better episode. I'm glad Kal is leaving. I loved him in other things. Don't really love him in this series. Robin still has to meet the guy she briefly met while buying Ted's red cowboy boots a few seasons ago, remember? They saw each other at the bar earlier this season and Ted commented that they eventually dated.

3. bean

bean
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm hoping they take this storyline to Robin having a revelation about being friends and hanging out and goes and disappears the rest of the season. Should work out much better for Barney and Ted.

4. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My bold prediction:

Robin, feeling very vulnerable, says yes to Ted. Barney puts on a brave face, but basically feels betrayed as fuck by both of them. Lily thinks the relationship is a terrible idea and gets pissed at Ted for basically vulturing in on a vulnerable Robin. Eventually Robin comes to her senses and smashes Ted. It's a huge clusterfuck until eventually Barney's wedding to a stripper (which strangely fits both his past and his character progression) allows them to get over their individual shit. Ted meets the mother and Robin meets some male version of Robin.

5. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Or a long and meandering way of explaining that due to how big of a tool he was Ted could never find a woman who loved him.

'So kids, that is why I resorted to adoption. Your mother was a 15 year old girl from Baltimore who following giving you up found fame on a reality show called Teen Mom 6. Teen Mom was a show on MTV right around the time they had stopped playing music but had yet to become one constant streaming of pro-activ ads. She later died of a drug overdose.'

6. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I put a lot of thought into just making my post a facepalm.

I think my big hope is the Robin/Barnacle/Ted drama is sorted by the end of the season, and my bigger hope is it's sorted by the end of next week, but being optimistic about things happening quickly in this show has never worked out for me.

7. mad5427

mad5427
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This should have been the last season. It's just run its course. The house on Long Island, the constant revolving internal relationships, it's all getting tired.

Seven seasons is the most I think for any show, minus the Simpsons and that got old after around 12-15. I'm actually glad that House is ending this year, although rather abruptly. Shows should end when they are still decent. House should have ended a season ago and this show should have ended this year. Hell, they could have ended it last year and it would have been fine. Get to the mom story and tie all the other stories up and be done. Friends started getting like this in it's last couple seasons. Just kill it before it goes too far away from the funny.

8. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Finally, some fucking plot progression. It's about damn time someone told her to move out.
    But we still don't, know Barney's future wife...any thoughts as to either Robin or Nora?
    I personally don't think its Nora, because why would the writers not at least put her in one of the past few episodes? She's been pretty absent.

9. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I constantly find something I enjoy in this show. Martin Short is such a pro and the "soupy deuce sucka" line cracked me up. The most laughs I have gotten out of this show in a while was the scene with the sex tape: "My skin is loose like an elephant!", "I slap my own ass!", etc.

I'm sick of the love triangle, glad to see Penn go because he just wasn't funny and there was no chemistry with the rest of the cast.

10. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Her abrupt exit actually made me think actress/contract conflict. I have nothing to base that on though.

Just finished yesterday's episode. I really enjoyed it, series seemed to catch its own fumble - also Allyson Hannigan in that pink bra was quite something.

11. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

I feel like the Nora storyline isn't over yet. I want Barney and Robin to end up together, but Robin obviously doesn't want kids. I think becoming a father is part of Barney's arc, so that makes marrying Robin less probable. I was really, really happy Ted and Robin didn't attempt to date. Ugh.

12. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's almost like I'm a staff writer.

13. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Think you got the general actions but really not the emotions

14. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Idunno, Robin definitely jumped Ted because she was vulnerable, I maintain that Barney is definitely putting on a brave face, and Ted is definitely crushed by Robin's ultimate rejection (so much so that Marshall had to get his back). Lily being a secret gambling addict... well I admit I didn't see that one coming.

15. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think Barney's hurt but I don't know if betrayal is the right feeling, if only because Ted gave him every opportunity to jump in and cut them off.

16. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anybody else catch Conan?

#76 iczorro, Feb 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  17. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Apparently he won the cameo in a charity auction. The original plan was to have his part be bigger, but he thought it'd be funny if such a "famous" guest had a split second non-speaking role.

18. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Interesting
    Ted finally moves on and out, but where will he live? And where will Robin live? What haponed with Marshall and Lily's old apt? And when the shit did Barney get so putty-like and non awesome?
    Yes I realize he is getting married at the end of this season, but not to that Quinn chick...

19. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Diablo,
    Remember that Ted still owns his house - the one he's fixing up, and is the set where his kids are sitting at the couch in 2030. Maybe he'll move in there for good.

20. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've got a theory I'm gonna put in spoiler tags regarding Ted, the Mother and the Series Finale. I think it would be an interesting twist, however I don't have facts to back it up and in fact the more die-hard viewers could debunk it but I'm gonna put it out there nonetheless.

In the future where the kids are, Ted is dead. He died at some unspecified date, possibly of something long running and terminal while his kids were still young, and made these videos or whatever in the hell the kids are always watching when they cut to them as a way help his kids assuage their grief, and also tell them about their father, his friends and how he met their mother.